So what happened with Crack The Beast?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rrett

Jul 29, 2019
I've been Waiting Somewhat patiently for this to come out but it's been a couple weeks now and there's still no new news on this.

It was even updated recently yet it still has yet to be released.

The Amount I want this pack to come out is massive.

EDIT:
The reason I want it to be released is because im going to be launching an anarchy server.
Given this pack is made for anarchy, and appears to be the most well rounded map, Im going to be using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Rrett

Jul 29, 2019
Etho said in his last video that it's maybe around 1 week till release

Sent via tapatalk

I rewatched his last FTB episode and I didn't catch anything regarding it's release to the public? Can you source it please?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
They are working on bugfixes and polishing everything out, they will be posting it SoonTM

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I rewatched his last FTB episode and I didn't catch anything regarding it's release to the public? Can you source it please?
Meh can't find it right now, maybe it wasn't Etho. But someone from the Mindcrack server said it might be around 1 week. So just wait, it won't go any faster anyways.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
It doesnt. There has been planned for a mindcrack pack, even if you were like me and saw this thread without knowing the name of it it should only be logical to guess.

Can someone explain to me what this 'mindcrack' actually is? A mineral? A vegetable? An animal?

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Main reason why CrackTB isn't released is because of ICBM. It's just not stable enough for jadedcat for public release, it causes chunk resets and crashes, it hasn't released a perfectly stable version for SMP since 1.4.7. And with how most FTB players are whine first, ask someone to troubleshoot then whine some more; the forums might get flooded with bug reports or whine posts.

Reactions: Hambeau

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen, if you're waiting for this pack, you're wasting your expectations. You're better off with almost every other 1.6 pack on FTB or other launchers. It's really bare bones and you'll most likely have more fun taking DW20 and adding flans mod and any dungeon mod.

Rrett

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen, if you're waiting for this pack, you're wasting your expectations. You're better off with almost every other 1.6 pack on FTB or other launchers. It's really bare bones and you'll most likely have more fun taking DW20 and adding flans mod and any dungeon mod.

Im going to be launching an anarchy server, and Im going to be doing it with the CTB modpack. It was made for anarchy after all.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Im going to be launching an anarchy server, and Im going to be doing it with the CTB modpack. It was made for anarchy after all.

ICBM is randomly goofy sometimes. Especially with launching missiles with anything other than the standard strait up launchers. They can do funny things when going sideways. Some of the explosives dont work quite right either. Got it in my pack anyways and everything is fine more or less. Chunk loading errors are semicommon, but not sure I can say its ICBM. Not even going to mention all the issues turrets have. Still more stable than Atomic Science has been for me.