So the Mass Fabricator's a bit unhappy.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
2013-09-23_172959_zpsb62fe767.png

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
As a great man once said, "Effed if I know."

It wasn't hooked into the ME network aside from an import bus, it's the other one that gets scrap beamed to it, it has a direct power link from an MFSU hooked into an ultimate hybrid solar... everything is business as usual so the only answer I can really give is "Because."

A quick remove-and-rebuild fixed it, once I stopped laughing.

::EDIT:: Yes, 1.1.4, Hoff. I gather you have some insight?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If you're on a server be weary as well. The energy net problems can lead to serious tps dropping.

Reactions: Dorque

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, being that I'm server admin I should probably be keeping an eye on that. Much appreciated.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Those were the final builds before that classic branch of IC2 was more or less abandoned. It got an update to 1.6, and then the team went and started on the experimental branch, which looks to be quickly developing into the future of the mod.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
mass fabricator going "nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom" until it realized it nommed too much

Reactions: dgdas9 and Staxed

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
As a side note, be glad it "only" derped the GUI :D

In my test world with the experimental branch, I still need to get used to the way the new e-net works. You no longer transfer an infinite amount of packets over a cable or into a machine... when it says 512 EU/t, then it means "512 EU per tick, and not one more". So, don't attach a 512 EU/t line to one side of your mass fabricator and then attach a solar panel to the other side.

No, seriously, don't. :eek:

I spent two full hours in creative mode and the base is still not fully rebuilt. :oops:

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

In my test world with the experimental branch, I still need to get used to the way the new e-net works. You no longer transfer an infinite amount of packets over a cable or into a machine... when it says 512 EU/t, then it means "512 EU per tick, and not one more". So, don't attach a 512 EU/t line to one side of your mass fabricator and then attach a solar panel to the other side.

I spent two full hours in creative mode and the base is still not fully rebuilt. :oops:

Oh myyyy.....

Assuming Unleashed gets a 1.6+ update, I may have to be very sure to disconnect all of the wires before updating... with everything I've got running I could leave one hell of a crater in the middle of what used to be my base, and probably my neighbour's base too.

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
Mine did this the other day, just wrench them and place back down. Took me a while considering I have about 20

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
it looks like it started to mutate into a matter fabricator. did you, by any chance, drop a highly advanced machine block near it?

Reactions: PeggleFrank

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

I don't remember any explosions of IC2 stuff being this bad in 1.5.2 . What changed in 1.6 ? Does the mass fabricator not accept 512 EU/t or was the solar more than 512 EU/t ?

Also, I will never understand the exploding mechanic of IC2 and why the newer version doesn't take it out. It adds 0 fun to the mod and a base explosion this bad would deter a great many from even trying the mod.

When the penalty for a minor mistake is a huge crater, that's not good. I almost always forget to disconnect power before I place an IC2 machine and have a chance to up-transform it. Hence, I usually lose my first machine. But, at least it's not a crater !