So, Thaumcraft 4.2 node bullying

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Ako did a video about this recently:

He used torcherinos. I seem to remember him mentioning other methods of speeding things up, but I'm sorry to say I'm not going to actually rewatch the video to figure out what it was ...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Well in 2 hours my node has gone from between 28 and 45 to between 32 and 64... So yeah it does increase it.

No you can't get that big(well you could but it'll literally take forever) each "zap" has a 1/(however much the bully node has of that aspect) chance of granting the bully node an extra point. So at 50 vis in your big node you have a 2% chance of gaining the point, at 100 only 1% and so on. The Time Torches only increase the amount of zaps.

EDIT: they DRAMATICALLY increase the amount of zaps

EDIT:

2015-04-15_10.08.44.png

The set up if anyone is interested out there, each torch set to 3x3x3 and 400%. Need the torches on the corners so the outside nodes recharge quicker or else they're just sucked dry.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've suggested to the developers of Thaumic Energistics of adding a digital energized node which you'll be able to craft and increase the aspects from.
hopefully the developers will take a look at it and at it to the mod.

I only really need an energized node, because if I purely need vis for my wand, I prefer using the experience drain from Thaumic Tinkerer, or you could easily kill mobs from a mob spawner to gather vis

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Well in 2 hours my node has gone from between 28 and 45 to between 32 and 64... So yeah it does increase it.

No you can't get that big(well you could but it'll literally take forever) each "zap" has a 1/(however much the bully node has of that aspect) chance of granting the bully node an extra point. So at 50 vis in your big node you have a 2% chance of gaining the point, at 100 only 1% and so on. The Time Torches only increase the amount of zaps.

EDIT: they DRAMATICALLY increase the amount of zaps

EDIT:

View attachment 17884

The set up if anyone is interested out there, each torch set to 3x3x3 and 400%. Need the torches on the corners so the outside nodes recharge quicker or else they're just sucked dry.

Thats awesome. I never managed to test this myself.