So rumors are GregT is now an IC2 dev

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at the changed greg has made and I am quite pleased. First he has fixed cells picking up lava. Remember how slow it would be and you had to click on a lava block that wasnt updating? Well now he fixed that and you can just pickup tons of lava much faster now. The enet is being worked on by player but it NEEDS it bad. 1.5.x is filled with enet problems and issues. Right now ic2 is in dire need of fixing and I am actually excited greg will do good. Even though he is kind of a megalomaniac he seems to know his place here and thats to squash bugs.

Myeah, reading the commit progress is leaving me carefully optimistic atm.

Reactions: KirinDave

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 added lead ore and there is some ore washing mechanic. Methinks there's tripling in IC2 coming. :)

Far as I can see the ore washing machine does something similar to the TE pulverizer instead of tripling it gives you a small ammount of a different ore. So if you run Gold ore through it you get a little bit of silver too.

StaticPixel

Jul 29, 2019
Love this. Sure there has been some controversy with Greg in the past, but this is what ic2 needs. Some fresh new ideas to bring it up to par with the other mods

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I think it might be a bit to late.

Not at all. If it's renewed/fixed, I'm sure people would continue playing with it. It has a big enough developer base that it won't die off from a lack of updates if it gets too big, unlike some other mods. (*Cough* RP2)

Whatyr

Jul 29, 2019
This will be interesting to see. I like greg's ideas, but not the execution of those ideas. And bugfixes are always nice. Can't wait to see what he does.

jmixmaster

Jul 29, 2019
I was watching Jaded's stream earlier this morning, and some aspects of GT have made an appearance in the IC2 on FC2, such as the hammer for plates, and cells are different, requiring four tin to be made into plates with the hammer, then the plates made into a tin cell casing, and then four of those combined with a glass pane gives you one cell.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I was watching Jaded's stream earlier this morning, and some aspects of GT have made an appearance in the IC2 on FC2, such as the hammer for plates, and cells are different, requiring four tin to be made into plates with the hammer, then the plates made into a tin cell casing, and then four of those combined with a glass pane gives you one cell.

Walp. IC2 was nice while it lasted.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well at least I'll still play with GT and now that plate bender will really goes the extra miles then. But yea GT is now forcing people to do his stuff in regular IC2 isn't cool.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019

While the plates are in there far as I can see the plates will be used for making certain machines and electrical tools. Not for vanilla stuff or anything like what is in GT with them being needed to make real tools.

As far as cells go the cell is now called a universal cell, not sure 100% what that will mean regarding functionality though guessing it means it will hold any fluid as long as its registered properly which should be good, no more cases of certain liquids only going into the containers from their individual mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.