So, Project Red Mechanical?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
So every time I log in I see Project Red: Mechanical is added. So does the DW20 pack not get this update or is this DW's call or something? I see a lot of other updates and stuff being added to the packs. I was just wondering if there was an ETA on it being added?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard a bit about one or two mods going into the DW pack. He *may* be waiting for that to get settled out.

I'm not quite sure what's in it since I haven't updated my RR instance, but I bet it's exact RP2 tube (and possibly frame) replacements.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Project Red update checker has a bug, will prompt you new version what ever you already have

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Project Red update checker has a bug, will prompt you new version what ever you already have

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Except that it's not a bug (At least this time) and there is a new version. It's just not part of the modpack (yet).

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I checked it out a bit today because RR now has it. It looks like poor man's logistics pipes to me.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Just let me know when PR adds the project table ;)

Well why would you need it? Forestry has the worktable, TE has something similar (Can't recall the name), Xact adds one of it's own style, and there is a Project Table mod you can grab. Plenty of options already there.

Reactions: jokermatt999

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
TE's is called something like the Engineer's Workbench or similar. It's quite nice how it auto saves recipes too.

For the very very early game, you can also just using Tinker's Construct's Crafting Station, made by crafting a crafting bench. It doesn't have the extra inventory space, but it does save the items inside it.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Well why would you need it? Forestry has the worktable, TE has something similar (Can't recall the name), Xact adds one of it's own style, and there is a Project Table mod you can grab. Plenty of options already there.

Because of the inventory and cheapness of the recepie to make it. I use them all over the place.

Worktable has no inventory. Xact I don't even know what that is. Project bench mod i'm aware of and have installed.
But I still stand by my comment because I would like to see it in PR. Then I wouldn't have to have a specific mod instaled for one single item. And not to mention project bench won't be updated anymore after 1.6.

That's why I would need it. Or more accurately, want it.

Last edited:

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the pipes weren't what I was expecting. I will have to add those to the list of item transport solutions to work out. (Btw, I count about 20 mods, maybe more, who add item transport as part or all of their features. I love all the options). I have tested one thing though, they are multiparts, which means they can fit inside the same block as red alloy wire.