So, I installed Zombie Awareness....

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
placed a torch near a single zombie (creative test world), waited a short while, had a few friends pop by....

Zombie Awareness1.jpgZombie Awareness2.jpg

Zombies are attracted to light from a long distance away, it does mean that they love to hang out around bee hives.

This, combined with Infernal Mobs and Primitive Mobs (creature addon mod) really makes things "interesting"

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
If by "interesting" you mean absolutely terrifying, I'm sure it does. I was 2 hit killed by an infernal zombie while wearing a fully decked out powersuit, and I am now so traumatized I turn around and run the other direction every time I see more than 4 enchants on an infernal.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Brings back the survival part of the game :D

Just realised, with Primitive Mobs there's a thing called a Support Creeper (it's a yellow creeper). It follows a mob around, and gives that mob buffs and healing. Infernal Mob + Support Creeper = Run away screaming

Think I'll tinker with the config file, maybe reduce the range of the awareness abilities by 25%-50%

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll install infernal mobs too, but I'll never install Primitive mobs or zombie awareness! They're too hardcore for a IC2 know-it-all like me XD

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll install infernal mobs too, but I'll never install Primitive mobs or zombie awareness! They're too hardcore for a IC2 know-it-all like me XD

Erm, you might have that the wrong way around. Primitive mobs just adds some fun monsters/mobs. Infernal mobs is the one that makes you want to run away screaming.

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, you might have that the wrong way around. Primitive mobs just adds some fun monsters/mobs. Infernal mobs is the one that makes you want to run away screaming.

Yeah, but the rare mobs in infernal mobs are actually worth killing since they drop god armor!

Maybe I'll get both IM and PM

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Primitive Mobs is a mix of fun and serious. Key thing though is that it adds more variation that fits nicely with Minecraft, instead of a ton of realistic and fantasy monsters.

Found a lost miner, in a pit in the open air. Dug a path out for him, easy 3 emeralds :p

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've gotten about half a stack of tnt from killing a couple of the different creepers in primitive mobs. I also hatched my own baby spiders.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, good news. In the config file you can turn on/off every single mob, and adjust each mobs spawn rate (I halved all the values, which I think in theory should be 50% less - it's not too clear :D)

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
Well, good news. In the config file you can turn on/off every single mob, and adjust each mobs spawn rate (I halved all the values, which I think in theory should be 50% less - it's not too clear :D)

Then that's that, I'm adding it to my unleashed pack

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019

That's great news, now I can quadruple the spawns of all my favorite mobs!

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I watch the jadecat's stream yesterday night and she added the primative mod and I forgot the other mod for his Magic Farm.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that seems like a really cool mix up to a normal survival game. I'll have to try that out sometime.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
quite amusing with zombie awareness and primitive mobs. Travelling Merchants get swarmed at night by zombies.