So, I installed Zombie Awareness....

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
if you like a fight, get infernal for sure, even with the good loot youll be going through armour so fast. The amount of times I had to call a buddy in to help me take one down is unreal. There is still 1 that I have not been able to beat, met him twice.....get near him...he throws me up, blinds me, throws a fireball at me while im in midair, then when i do find him (as im blind) hes got 1up and regen and takes a tiny bit of damage from an enchanted diamond sword....I will have my revenge....one day.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, my Omega Dawn server is up and running, and phew, talk about difficult now :D Needed teamwork to survive the first few nights. We are finding that the elites and rares are too common, which might be partly due to the increased zombies of Zombie Awareness.
Zombie flesh is also quite common, so much of it in the mornings. It's been our main food source so far...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
On the modpack, just Normal settings, to get started and testing things. Zombie Awareness spawns extra zombies, so more chance of elites/rares from Infernal Mobs.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Back when I was playing magic farm I found several Infernal mobs so heavily buffed as to be nigh on undefeatable. Regeneration so strong that even luring them into daylight wouldn't allow me to do more damage than they healed. I countered this by walling them off, trapping them. I'd then use drowning or suffocation to facilitate their destruction.

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, my trick with the heavily buffed infernal mob zombies is to wall them off, trap them in a little, then drown them while striking them with swords.... I've fought some that had so much regen that even with them burning I couldn't do enough damage to over come it.... but then regen doesn't overcome a face full of sand......
Uhm

Reactions: Padfoote

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds interesting. Are they more attracted to light, or villagers I wonder. Because I like putting a villager on a tall pillar nearby my base to draw the zombies to it. Add some grinders to the bottom and its good times.