So how much hotbar space do you have spare?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, it works as an axe but only digs dirt.
I dunno. I have never used one :p I know it is made with an axe and a shovel head, so one could only assume it worked like both (I punch all things punchable - wood, dirt, sand, etc.)

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I hate when something requires to be in the hotbar to function, e.g. flux capacitors or EnderIO's electromagnet. This is imo what makes the electromagnet much inferior to Botania's ring.

What I have in my hotbar is dependent on the situation. I have a sword, a pick, cobblestone and food there most of the time, but I only equip a bow when hunting for monsters or while I'm in the nether and I only need hammer, shovel and torches while mining.

The botania ring certainly beats most other magnets, although the blood magic one can pull items through walls since it just instantly picks stuff up. The only annoyance with botania's ring is that it's a pain to turn on and off (imo sneak doesn't work nicely for that, it should be a toggle), especially since when doing botania stuff you generally have to drop a lot of items for runic altar crafting/terrasteel/etc.

1. MPS Power Fist
2. Food
Yeah, I love an empty hotbar

I like multitools a lot, except I've found that often they'll fail on some random mod block. The power fist for example seems to fail on chisel 2.0 blocks for some reason in 1.7, this always leads to frustrating moments where I have to dig out a pickaxe from a bag or something, so I generall avoid multitools, as much as I'd love to use them.
The IC2 drill used to suffer from this too for a while. I wonder what it is that makes multitools prone to not working, or mod blocks prone to ignoring them.

I dunno. I have never used one :p I know it is made with an axe and a shovel head, so one could only assume it worked like both (I punch all things punchable - wood, dirt, sand, etc.)
MDiyo made it as a farming tool, most players thought it was axe+shovel, but alas, nope. Only dirt, hoeing and for some reason axe stuff, I guess for tree farms or something.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The botania ring certainly beats most other magnets, although the blood magic one can pull items through walls since it just instantly picks stuff up. The only annoyance with botania's ring is that it's a pain to turn on and off (imo sneak doesn't work nicely for that, it should be a toggle), especially since when doing botania stuff you generally have to drop a lot of items for runic altar crafting/terrasteel/etc.

I like multitools a lot, except I've found that often they'll fail on some random mod block. The power fist for example seems to fail on chisel 2.0 blocks for some reason in 1.7, this always leads to frustrating moments where I have to dig out a pickaxe from a bag or something, so I generall avoid multitools, as much as I'd love to use them.
The IC2 drill used to suffer from this too for a while. I wonder what it is that makes multitools prone to not working, or mod blocks prone to ignoring them.

MDiyo made it as a farming tool, most players thought it was axe+shovel, but alas, nope. Only dirt, hoeing and for some reason axe stuff, I guess for tree farms or something.
1) I 100% agree on the Botania ring... it is also a PITA when walking around in the morning after all the mobs burn -_-
2) I believe they don't work because of how blocks are coded. But I agree multi-tools generally suck, which is why you should always use the auto-switch mod
3) Because f-you, that's why

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
2) I believe they don't work because of how blocks are coded. But I agree multi-tools generally suck, which is why you should always use the auto-switch mod
neat, sortof like the protoclay from TT KAMI, though I'd feel bad adding a mod to give every tool something that the pack I'm playing has as a lategame feature/item for.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
neat, sortof like the protoclay from TT KAMI, though I'd feel bad adding a mod to give every tool something that the pack I'm playing has as a lategame feature/item for.
Yeah, but that only works with awakened tools, and is late game. People may not play with TT or want to use KAMI tools (there are much better tools out there) so it is a nice mod

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
The tools from kami are beatable but the awakend ichorium pick if you tell me know of a difrent pick that could get me into the mattle then maybe

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
1: sword
2: bow
3: thaumcraft wand
4: empty space (for things pulled from bag)
5: ars magica spell book
6: ender bag
7: spectre key
8: various foods
9: torches
1. Sword or staff
2. Stone pick
3. Iron pick
4. Shovel
5. Axe
6. Block of some sort
8. Food
9. Torches
1. Necromancer's Staff/Staff of the Primal
2. Pick Axe of the Core (when mining)
2. Wand (any other time)
3. Some sort of block
8. Food
9. Torches
1. Sword (TiCo)
2. Pickaxe (TiCo)
3. Shovel or Axe (TiCo) (switching them by requirement)
5. IC2 Minig Laser if available
6. Miners Backpack
7. Flux capacitor (for fluxed TiCo pickaxe)
8. Torches
9. Food
Why don't you guys have torches right next to your pick or hammer?
I do that so I can use TiCo's right click feature and for easy scroll-wheel access. It's a vanilla habit.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I do that so I can use TiCo's right click feature and for easy scroll-wheel access. It's a vanilla habit.
because hotbars are supposed to be messy?

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
The mantle is a dimensoin that is all bedrock but has 100 block ore veins. You need the aweakend ichorium pick to break a piece of bedreock in the overworld which makes a portal wich takes you there were you need the the pick to mine through the bedrock and get to ore viens which are not very close together but with it instant breakking a 5x5 area its pretty quick

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The mantle is a dimensoin that is all bedrock but has 100 block ore veins. You need the aweakend ichorium pick to break a piece of bedreock in the overworld which makes a portal wich takes you there were you need the the pick to mine through the bedrock and get to ore viens which are not very close together but with it instant breakking a 5x5 area its pretty quick
Wait. You USE bedrock to make the portal, or you break bedrock POOF portal?
If the former, then bedrock can be mined with a fair few mods, such as RotaryCraft.
If the latter, then fair dos.

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
If the former, then bedrock can be mined with a fair few mods, such as RotaryCraft.
make a portal i like the dimensoin for crazy amount of ores ecpecialy when you auto mine it witth mffs

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You "mine" bedock with the awaykened ichorium pickaxe and the portal will be created. You can't actually harvest bedrock with the pick, it just converts the bedrock into the portal blocks.
When you're inside that dimension then you can easily break the bedrock there with the pick but again not harvest it :)

Btw I didn't know that it's called "the mantle"

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019

I usually have pickaxe in the first slot and torches, if I'm using them at the time, in the last slot so i still get scroll wheel access and the TiCo right click without needing torches in the first half of the bar ;).

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
My tools are on slot 1-4 since I started to play minecraft. And also my torches are on slot 8 and food on slot 9 since the very beginning.
And they will always be exactly there for no important reason. :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
My tools are on slot 1-4 since I started to play minecraft. And also my torches are on slot 8 and food on slot 9 since the very beginning.
And they will always be exactly there for no important reason. :p
Are you using the number keys or the mouse wheel for selecting slots?
I've always used the mouse wheel so proximity is kinda important. I'm not really used to using the number keys for that.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
The mouse wheel only. But I'm used to this order. And I even can scroll forward AND backward. I'm a total pro at this. :cool: *irony off*
So slot 2 and 8 are not that far away. ;)