So, Engineers Toolbox

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I've been experimenting with it on Horizons and it is pretty amazing. I currently have a Algae farm feeding into two photobioreactors, making hydrogen for my Compression dynamos. Soon I will be setting up a Husher with slickwater. I can supply pictures later if anybody is interested.

Heres my Slickwater production(Note: It was not able to keep up! So more mixers may be needed.)
m1KV7cw.png
My Algae farm. The blocks in the middle of each farm are block breakers with a block update sensor on top of each. The setup at the bottom left are the two photobioreactors which actually produce the hydrogen.(They do not need power. Neither do the block breakers.)
d1G7JO5.png

My use of the hydrogen from the algae farm(the drums are all full of hydrogen. The compression dynamos in the front are using the hydrogen. The ones in the back are using liquifacted coal.)
LSAUwn2.png
The husher after finishing up its job.
gqN99sB.png

Last edited:

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen cracking before and that might be cool with smoke output etc. However cracking requires you to be at bedrock or to cheat and use a machine/tool that can break the Unbreakable shale gas block. How good is hydrogen for compression dynamos btw?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
It lasts for 500 ticks per millibucket I think? Might be per bucket, not sure. So at least a million RF per bucket.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
You will have them within two hours. I will also provide pictures of my slickwater production and the husher itself. I can even offer advice on how to set it all up.

Oh swell! I'll definitely take input on how to go about with it. :)
I do want to get back into RaxPack again after my "reika mod delete" debacle, so thanks for the encouraging words.
I appreciate it, but you can put them pictures up at your own time, there is no need to hurry on my account. :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Oh swell! I'll definitely take input on how to go about with it. :)
I do want to get back into RaxPack again after my "reika mod delete" debacle, so thanks for the encouraging words.
I appreciate it, but you can put them pictures up at your own time, there is no need to hurry on my account. :)
Nonsense, I'm starting up my instance now.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the slickwater used in the Hushing is reusable! I am about to attempt pumping it up.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I like ET very much, although I had to tear the refineries I used to process my biomass down. At some stage most stopped working and apparently were outputting fluids to faces they shoudn't. I also had issues with my photoreactors. I'm not 100% sure since the mod doesn't make it very easy to debug your setups, but I think the internal tanks suffer from the same fluid registry issues SFM and some Extra Cells blocks do.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had that problem yet, but then again I pump out all the liquid as soon as it makes it, and the liquid always has a place to go, even if it's to a nullifier.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't 100% save you. My refineries were indeed backed up, but my photoreactors never are. Also the issue only occurs when the fluid registry changes, either due to a mod update or when you add/remove a mod so the number of different fluids in the registry changes. I just hope forge for 1.7 has made this a non-issue by design.

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Note: In Horizons the TE config is edited by the FTB team to allow use of gascraft gases(such as hydrogen) in the compression dynamo. Normally you would need to use the gas turbine from Engineers toolbox, which will produce 60 RF/t. But in Horizons, since the hydrogen lasts just as long in a compression dynamo as a gas turbine, you'll get much more power putting it through a compression dynamo.
(Note: The gas turbine from Engineers toolbox is not to be confused with the one from rotary craft.)

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
I also had issues with my photoreactors. I'm not 100% sure since the mod doesn't make it very easy to debug your setups, but I think the internal tanks suffer from the same fluid registry issues SFM and some Extra Cells blocks do.

The photoreactors take some tinkering w/ to figure out the input/output setting, it's easy to pipe water into the wrong slot.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
The photoreactors take some tinkering w/ to figure out the input/output setting, it's easy to pipe water into the wrong slot.
Nope, I did set them up correctly, usually they work fine =)
After a update I suddenly had sluice water in the hydrogen pipe, there is no way this could have gotten there without a bug.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
where you able to reclaim your slickwater back and how you do it?
Yes I was, but it was so much I ended up nullifying the rest after 30 drums full. Engineers toolbox has a pump, and rotary craft has a pump that can go at hyperspeed at 1024 Rad/s.