So, creeperhost has some silly policies.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
Or I have policies I have to stick to that are set by my superior? I can't offer support in public regarding a Creeperhost service, if you want the information then you may contact us in those methods as suggested, or you can leave it. It really doesn't bother me either way. We have a support system if you want the extra details and information, it's why it is there. Writing it down on a FAQ is nice, but it doesn't give you the interaction and full details of what you are looking for. I think the developer might have broken the links when updating the site with new information yesterday, I'll get that looked into.

As requested, I have opened ticket #360881. Apologies if I have caused you any trouble. I of course reserve the right to edit this post with the answer I am given, for others with similar questions to see.

Utumno

Jul 29, 2019
Or I have policies I have to stick to that are set by my superior? I can't offer support in public regarding a Creeperhost service, if you want the information then you may contact us in those methods as suggested, or you can leave it. It really doesn't bother me either way. We have a support system if you want the extra details and information, it's why it is there. Writing it down on a FAQ is nice, but it doesn't give you the interaction and full details of what you are looking for. I think the developer might have broken the links when updating the site with new information yesterday, I'll get that looked into.

Hmmm wasn't your first post here "offering support in public regarding a creeperhost service"? You answered questions relating to the data retention policy of creeper host, outlined creeperhost invoicing methods, and discussed client access to data for backup methods. If thats not offering support in public about a creeperhost service I am not. Bottom line I have to agree with Everlast there is no real reason not to answer his question. In fact discussing specifications of creeperhost one would think would have a positive effect of acting as free advertising for creeperhost. The only real reason I can thing of not discussing the matter is that the way creeperhost does VM hosting is very adhoc and you do not want to outline any specifications because you overload servers regularly and dont want to be painted in a corner by committing to any performance metric.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
but the system is automatic

Oh please. The system is in place because people put it in place. If such things are above your pay-grade then its really not your fault, but lets not pretend hosting is a freak'n law of nature whos physical being is as the speed of light and scientists use it as a constant in their calculations. Unless I see the damn higgs boson pop out of your servers then its just a hosting company with a policy that needs modernizing..

Reactions: kilteroff

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm wasn't your first post here "offering support in public regarding a creeperhost service"? You answered questions relating to the data retention policy of creeper host, outlined creeperhost invoicing methods, and discussed client access to data for backup methods. If thats not offering support in public about a creeperhost service I am not. Bottom line I have to agree with Everlast there is no real reason not to answer his question. In fact discussing specifications of creeperhost one would think would have a positive effect of acting as free advertising for creeperhost. The only real reason I can thing of not discussing the matter is that the way creeperhost does VM hosting is very adhoc and you do not want to outline any specifications because you overload servers regularly and dont want to be painted in a corner by committing to any performance metric.
Absolutely amazed by the assumptions people can come up with, it's simple, I can't offer support in public.

If you would like to be pedantic, I wasn't offering support about our invoices, I was expressing how the system is done off my own accord, I was not supporting anybody. I then reacted to someone's suggestion and I put my own input in as well on the situation, I see no support there? As Everlast has said, he has absolute right to edit his post or make a post afterwards about the specifications of our services. I can not and I will not stop him.[DOUBLEPOST=1367502572][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh please. The system is in place because people put it in place. If such things are above your pay-grade then its really not your fault, but lets not pretend hosting is a freak'n law of nature whos physical being is as the speed of light and scientists use it as a constant in their calculations. Unless I see the damn higgs boson pop out of your servers then its just a hosting company with a policy that needs modernizing..
Okay?

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
As requested, I have opened ticket #360881. Apologies if I have caused you any trouble. I of course reserve the right to edit this post with the answer I am given, for others with similar questions to see.
Thank you for working with me, I can assist you now :)

Reactions: Poppycocks

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Man, there are a lot of really hostile people in this thread.

From a business stand point, offering commentary on specific cases in a public forum like this is generally bad form. Too many people might take statements out of context or simply apply them more broadly than intended. Moreover, if Luke_H said something specific about one case and it didn't hold true in another, we could see complaints escalate from "I'm not happy with Creeperhost" to "Creeperhost lied to me." This is clearly the exact opposite of what he'd like to accomplish. He's not trying to deceive you, he just can't predict if/when things will go wrong and wants to minimize damage from any future problems.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You're welcome to doubt it, I don't have any investment in my public image here. On the other hand, CreeperHost is a company which would be wise to maintain a certain amount of transparency.
This isn't a Creeperhost sales support forum. It's off topic to the thread, and I'm sure Luke_H doesn't want to break the forum's etiquette.

Personally, I'm going to check with my hosting provider to see what their overdue account policy is. I'm with Veoserv. I was considering moving over to Creeperhost becasue I keep having to delete the mods and re-install the pack to keep my world working.

Utumno

Jul 29, 2019
So far, this is what was discussed on the ticket, if anyone cares to have a look:
http://i.imgur.com/LKX3YUu.png
EDIT: Further information - http://i.imgur.com/IWFkc24.png

Looking at the discussion in the linked support tickets it does appear that they overload their VMs and dont want to commit to any performance metric. Everlast is asking for presales information in terms of a Service Level Agreement and the representative from creeper host is doing everything he can to dance around giving a specific performance number. Sounds exactly like the reason I stated above for not wanting to answer the original question.

Reactions: kilteroff

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the discussion in the linked support tickets it does appear that they overload their VMs and dont want to commit to any performance metric. Everlast is asking for presales information in terms of a Service Level Agreement and the representative from creeper host is doing everything he can to dance around giving a specific performance number. Sounds exactly like the reason I stated above for not wanting to answer the original question.

He specifically says they don't oversell. You are stating the opposite.

Utumno

Jul 29, 2019
He specifically says they don't oversell. You are stating the opposite.

hmm at first he says the are dedicated cores... then later on instead of saying package X has Y cores @ 2.8 ghz as everlast is asking for he refers to units which tends to indicate the cores assigned to you are not exclusively yours... I am not sure how the units metric can be converted to a real world performance metric.

Doesn't really matter.. this could have all been solved if he had answered the question here...

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
hmm at first he says the are dedicated cores... then later on instead of saying package X has Y cores @ 2.8 ghz as everlast is asking for he refers to units which tends to indicate the cores assigned to you are not exclusively yours... I am not sure how the units metric can be converted to a real world performance metric.

Doesn't really matter.. this could have all been solved if he had answered the question here...
I don't know the answer, I involved the founder of Creeperhost in his ticket to give him an accurate and correct answer as the founder of Creeperhost is the developer and he is the one that designed the system and knows it the best.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think this is the proper way for kilteroff and CreeperHost to deal with their problems.

Luke_H and kilteroff can take it to private message if they wish to keep it here but other user inputs are not needed.
There are support tickets on their website for a reason as well.

This isn't the right channel to go down to get things fixed.

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.