So, creeperhost has some silly policies.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Like deleting your world if your bill is 5 days overdue.

FIVE. DELETED.

"Hey just pay your bill, deadbeat" Yes, obviously, but they don't allow recurring payments, you have to do it manually every month, and I just got back from vacation to find all this out. Months of work deleted. Five fucking days overdue. I get more leeway with my mortgage.

So this is me calmly advising you all not to give them your money, because they don't give a shit about their customers.

Can anyone recommend a alternative they personally know is good?

4 months just gone.

._.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Just back up your world. Dude.

I did..... through their services..........which I can't access now.

Draconian fucking policies guys, 5 days and terminated without allowing recurring payments? They're interested in turnover not customer retention, don't give them your money people.

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
Technically you can do reoccuring payments through paypal. And honestly I don't blame them for how their policy is. Point blank, pay and play or don't pay and cry.

I mean is five days not enough? I pay my crap two weeks in advance and haven't had a better host.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Aeronica

Jul 29, 2019
I use http://www.mineocityhosting.com/ and they allow GoogleWwallet. I get notified about 2 weeks before a payment is due. But seriously, you should be backing up your world file at least daily. I run backup and then ftp the zipped world folder down about 3 to 4 times a day.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I've only had limited contact with the folks at Creeperhost, but I'd assume they'd be fine with you paying a week ahead of time if you know you'll be on vacation. Heck, they might even be fine with holding on to your data a little while longer if you give them a heads-up that you won't be able to renew right away. A preemptive e-mail to customer service probably could have averted this.

Also, a local backup is always a good idea. Maybe only do it once a week instead of once a day or something if you don't want to use up too much hard drive space.

Sucks that you lost your world, but hopefully you'll be able to avoid having this problem again in the future.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Although I do think 5 days is enough time and they should delete it by then, I'd you should be able to have your world back some way or another. :/

Reactions: kilteroff

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
dont know about you folks but rent around here you get an evction notice if your more then 3 days late. And that notice is a 24 hours to pay or leave notice.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I think they do, but they would only have to honor that on any EU based servers, not in any of the NA based ones.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
dont know about you folks but rent around here you get an evction notice if your more then 3 days late. And that notice is a 24 hours to pay or leave notice.

Yes, but the apartment owner doesn't set your stuff on fire if it's not out in time.

That's the important distinction, here.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but the apartment owner doesn't set your stuff on fire if it's not out in time.

That's the important distinction, here.

No instead they have police pull you form the aparment and lock the door. Both you lose everythign thats not on you at the time.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
No instead they have police pull you form the aparment and lock the door. Both you lose everythign thats not on you at the time.

They actually need a court order called a Writ of Possession for that.

And actually, I do believe the sheriff/police is required by law to move out your belongings as well.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This, I imagine, depends largely on where you live.

If you live in the midst of soviet Russia, I imagine that is indeed the case. Where I live, it is absolutely illegal for a landlord to keep your belongings.

Either way my point is that 5 days of a grace peroid is not all the unreasonable.

Now the whole deleting everything and telling you to go pound sand that is. Who would after having all there stuff deleted ever give them money again? At least if it was more a disable access and get access back when paid that would be fine and a reasonable person would go along with it. But a no backup sucks to be you we deleted everything pociley is a bit harsh.... but not the 5 day thing.

Reactions: kilteroff

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Either way my point is that 5 days of a grace peroid is not all the unreasonable.

Now the whole deleting everything and telling you to go pound sand that is. Who would after having all there stuff deleted ever give them money again? At least if it was more a disable access and get access back when paid that would be fine and a reasonable person would go along with it. But a no backup sucks to be you we deleted everything pociley is a bit harsh.... but not the 5 day thing.

I believe that's the major point of contention, not the actual canceling of the service.

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
i am hosted with Get-Sourced and i get sent an invoice 2 weeks before by server is due to be paid for and they keep your data for 2 weeks later than your pay date

Alex Cubed

Jul 29, 2019
Creeperhost must be doing very well if they can afford to just toss out customers on the smallest things. Probably have a large queue of people just waiting to fill their server slots, and it was quicker to remove you and get someone new, than to send a reminder of your payment.

Business must be booming.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.