Small feature request

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
As it happens on occasion, updated mods can break something in a world unexpectedly. A nice button specific to the highlighted modpack granting a quick one-button approach to backing up your save folder would be a nice addition.

While it has not been an issue for me just yet, I do see the usefulness, peace of mind, and efficiency of a small backup button. It is just a convenience feature regardless, as it is easy to do manual backups. :)

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
go into edit modpack then the modpack version tab :)

I think JJ got the wrong end of the stick and we now see how much JJ is a derp, we are now all laughing at him in Teamspeak.

The above would back date the mod pack(No idea where he got that from) but I think a backup button would be good and we are talking about it now.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I think JJ got the wrong end of the stick and we now see how much JJ is a derp, we are now all laughing at him in Teamspeak.

The above would back date the mod pack(No idea where he got that from) but I think a backup button would be good and we are talking about it now.
You're laughing at him for misinterpreting?

Boy I should laugh at the staff more often!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Have derp, will travel. :p

Good to hear too. Being merely a convenience feature, it could also be left at a button to open the modpack's saves folder from the launcher if coding an aforementioned button is overly complicated for it's specific use. :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I agree with this suggestion. I made a simple batch script that I run that backs up my world and then runs the launcher. So every time I play, I have a snapshot of my world from the start of the sesson. Having this built into the launcher - for example being able to tick a list of worlds to back up, which it could remember from one launch to the next - would be better than awesome. It would be awexome.

Status
Not open for further replies.