skyfactory 3 "constant disconnects" (no crash exactly)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Title skyfactory 3 "constant disconnects" (no crash exactly)

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Skyfactory 3

Modpack version 3.06

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/42e41f63

Details of the issue I keep getting disconnected from my server (which is on the computer next to me). I suspect it has something to do with Refined Storage - but I'm not sure. It seems when Refined Storage is auto-crafting something, I suddenly get disconnected from the server (no crash, it just says "disconnected" and gives me an Ok button.)

I can sometimes get this to happen in a single player game - and the weird thing is, when I get disconnected - even if I was playing single player - it takes me to the multiplayer connect screen (with my list of servers, etc....)

I don't know if this happened in earlier versions - because I only started my refined storage system in 3.06.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
FYI - this doesn't always happen. But, when it does - I usually can't get back on for 5-6 minutes (unless I reboot the server.... (which wipes out what the system was auto-crafting - and thus, the reason I think it has something to do with refined storage....))

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling HWYLA, if that solves the problem you can try the updated version of that mod (its client only, shouldn't need to update the server)
Ok, I'll give it a try. I'm actually going to go in reverse tho - I'll try updating it, and then failing that disabling the mod. Let you know soon... :)

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Yup - updating the mod has thus far given me 0 "crashes" - I've been playing maybe 5-6 hours with 0 crashes, yesterday I was playing for like 2-3 hours and had like 8 crashes.

EDIT: And then I crafted some seeds from mystical crops and crashed :/ - so never mind, it didn't fix it...
EDIT #2: there is yet another new version - going to try that; then will disable. Back soon... ;)

Last edited:

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm HWYLA was in fact the problem (which really sucks - it was nice to see the tooltip...) - but at least I don't crash (and I did try the latest version again...)