SkyFactory 2.5 crashes because I placed the Advanced Inscriber

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
R

Ruok

Title:
SkyFactory 2.5 crashes because I placed the Advanced Inscriber
Launcher Version:
Curse
Modpack:
Sky Factory 2.5
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I already tried deleting my elec332 file from my world save.but no luck...here is the end of the crash report..
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.13B1 from extrautilities-1.2.12.jar).
It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.
* An unknown AE2 API is installed (rv3 from appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6.jar).
Ender IO was build against API version rv2 and may or may not work with a newer version.
This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: forge, bits: 8
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BuildCraftCore:OFF, BuildCraftTranspo

D

darkmage0707077

I've also received this exact same problem: placed an Adanced Inscriber from AE2, and my game instantly crashed and is unable to be restored. My full crash report is attached.

I've found another report of the same problem elsewhere on FTB: looks like this is a known issue with this version of AE2, and will require patching to Release Version 3 as described therein.

I'll give it a try on my end and see if this at least allows me back into my game. If so, I'd recommend that BD or whoever is working on it work to get this version integrated into Sky Factory ASAP.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ae-2-stuff-advanced-inscriber-crash-on-startup.156928/

Attachments

• crasht.txt
    27.4 KB · Views: 61
D

darkmage0707077

I've confirmed that the fix works. Here's what you do (make a new backup of your save before proceeding):

1) Go to the link I posted above, find the first link posted by Moasseman (thank you if Moasseman read's this, btw!) and download the file "
ae2stuff-rv3-0.5.1.9-mc1.7.10.jar"
2) Open your FeedTheBeast folder wherever it's located, then go to Instances -> FTB Presents SkyFactory 2.5 -> mods. If you're in the right place, you should see 2 directories named "1.7.10" and "carpentersblocks", as well as a bunch of .jar files.
3) Rename the file you downloaded in step 1 to "ae2stuff-0.5.0.56-mc1.7.10.jar"
4) Copy the renamed file to the mods directory, overwriting anything in there when prompted.

You should now be able to load up your game and place the Advanced Insriber just fine. Beware that it may remove some other AE2 blocks that you've placed down before; you can just place down anything you find missing. Good luck!

As far as fixing Sky Factory directly: do I need to contact Bacon directly, or is posting this enough that someone else will let him know?

D

darkmage0707077

Oh, and a final update: I have learned on further research that both the Normal and Advanced Inscribers are completely useless because Bacon seems to have removed all of the Inscriber Presses from SF 2.5: they do not drop from lootbags anymore, nor is there a recipe to make them that doesn't involve already having one in the first place. Why the Inscribers themselves remain craftable is a mystery.

So unless you are going to Creative yourself some Presses or Bacon gets enough of an outcry on his Twitch stream to revert the change, you're stuck with the knife's recipe for making printed circuits now.

Confirmation of the Press' removal here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4jxr34/sf_25_how_to_obtain_ae2_presses/

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The presses and both inscribers were removed from the game. If you wish to cheat them in then you do so at your own risk.

D

darkmage0707077

Sadly, the inscribers are still fully present in the current version of the game, without needing Creative. If you're telling me they should have been removed - something I can believe with the presses gone - then it looks like someone failed to remove them initially and this bug should be reported to Bacon so he can correct it.

How do we go about reporting this problem officially?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Sadly, the inscribers are still fully present in the current version of the game, without needing Creative. If you're telling me they should have been removed - something I can believe with the presses gone - then it looks like someone failed to remove them initially and this bug should be reported to Bacon so he can correct it.

How do we go about reporting this problem officially?

I should have said the recipes have been disabled and the presses no longer drop from loot bags. This is not a bug and was changed so that to create the processors you need to use the quartz knife.

The current maintainer of the pack Darkosto has said he won't be changing it back.

D

darkmage0707077

I wasn't asking how to get the Presses back, I was asking how to get the Inscribers fully removed like they should've been. After all, why have the inscribers available for creation through recipe when you ultimately can't do anything with them (especially since the Advanced one insta-crashes SkyFactory as per the original bug report)? And since these machines are not only useless, but slightly dangerous, I classify it a minor bug that they were left in.

I'll reach out to Darkosto to see if he can do anything about this. Thanks.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I wasn't asking how to get the Presses back, I was asking how to get the Inscribers fully removed like they should've been. After all, why have the inscribers available for creation through recipe when you ultimately can't do anything with them (especially since the Advanced one insta-crashes SkyFactory as per the original bug report)? And since these machines are not only useless, but slightly dangerous, I classify it a minor bug that they were left in.

I'll reach out to Darkosto to see if he can do anything about this. Thanks.

I know you never mentioned about the presses but they are required to make the processors when using the inscribers. You can't create them through a recipe as it was disabled using minetweaker, I believe, and you need to cheat them in afaik. He maybe able to hide them from NEI.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I just started using autocrafting to make the circuit boards and it made loads of knives but you can prevent this by ticking the box next to x in the pattern terminal when making the pattern. This will prevent the system from making loads of knives and use one up before making another.