Sky Quest

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You remember the mod used in FTB Insanity that made it so that chunks didn't generate?
Is there anything else like that?
Thanks!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The Empty Map Mod would place one single block.

Use a flat world and mc edit in a block.

You will be up in running quicker then it would take to reply to this post.

Or you can spend the next few hours looking for a mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1373484915][/DOUBLEPOST]
But there isn't any way to place one block!
NO not place one I'm talking about the flat world setttings. I not sure it can be completely blank

Reactions: whizzball1

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I used to do this when I was making challange maps.

You might have issues MC Editing in a block becuase of the lack of blocks to select. How I got around that was since I usely wanted a spawning pad for players I would build one in a normal flatworld. MC edit to export the structure and then MC to import it in to the void map.[DOUBLEPOST=1373485361][/DOUBLEPOST]Pro-tip while your in MC edit anyways make sure to move player spawn point to your safe area. And rember that spawn is not precice you need (I belive) 16 blocks in all directions as possable points for the players to pop into. I'd MC Wiki that up if I where you just be to safe.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I just thought of an amazing idea!
Bedrock and then 4 block lava.
They won't have time to place a block to save them from dying by lava, the items get destroyed, and I have a bottom to build off of!
That's perfect!
I'll have to use 1.4 for the Redpower.
But with this method, I don't have to use any external programs!
Perfect!
The map I'm making will make use of Custom NPCs.
I'll make a version for Ultimate and a Version for my Modpack, for the Testers' pleasure.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I should get back into finishing my duegon map.[DOUBLEPOST=1373488014][/DOUBLEPOST]Whiz I would have to start over.

I did this thing call GrimBlock but since my PC died I lost the map.[DOUBLEPOST=1373488051][/DOUBLEPOST]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear GrimBlock was the static frame I made for would be map makers that wanted a pre made 3d grid to copy old school maps from stuff like DnD and old shcool dugeon crawlers.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I have a gret Idea for a map.

It's a mix between the FTB map and PVP maps with some fights for SoulShards in the middle...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
With lots of help from Lambert, I was able to begin the map.
Lambert came up with the names and descriptions of each race.
The goal of the map, Sky Quest, is to unite the Four Factions by completing quests for them that require getting help from other factions.
These statements are quoted from Lambert:

The Serenditia peoples are a very peaceful race. They are easy to reason with (manipulate) and will reward you handsomely for helping them. They prefer to avoid conflict wherever possible, so have very little defence against attack.

The Elusions are a very poetic race. They speak in rhyme and riddles and are difficult to reason with at the best of times. They prefer to use magical means to defend themselves but are rarely aggressive.

The Barbasions are a very warlike race. They are direct and blunt and will not hesitate to put a sword through you if you prove to be ill of worth. They prefer the use of swords and bows to defend themselves and are often aggressive.

The Davincians are the most technical race. They build their structures from Iron and steel, and use forcefields and lasers to defend with. They are not aggressive, but will not hesitate to defend themselves with deadly force.
Now what I need is Aesthetic plans.
Each faction will have it's own special town section, and I need help figuring out what will be good Aesthetic mappings for each.
Thanks!