Sky Factory + Sacred Rubber Sapling = Giant Treehouse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OoDex

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there,

I wanted to start a new LP in the Sky Factory Modpack, placing down a Sacred Rubber Sapling (the glowing, giant one) and use it as giant treehouse, it has at his center (max height) an empty spot to start off, I build a small starting point and I really like it.

So I started the LP and I got a huge problem I haven't noticed:
The Sacred Rubber Tree has tons of empty spaces in it, meaning a lot of mobs will spawn there and decrease the amount of mobs possible to spawn in a trap by....well, like 96%, I get barely any mobs in mine.
I had noticed that in the past and tried to fill in blocks per MCEdit (replace air with oak wood [for the mod, I changed rubber wood with oak wood and rubber leaves with oak leaves]), yet it is REALLY hard to fill up all spots, since the tree is not flat at the top.

Before I try to find anything else, does anyone of you know of a tree (or how to do it by myself) that is pretty much the size of the Sacred Rubber Sapling, but without the empty spaces in between?

Sincerely,
Dex.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I'd suggest magnum torches as well. For your mob farm, cursed earth and auto spawners, among other things, will still spawn mobs in the range of your torches.

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
Magnum Torches will kill passive spawn farms, and that's what a skyblock map relies on heavily, for a good portion, if not all of, the map, so I wouldn't go that route. As for a better solution? The slow and tedious route of double checking with MCEdit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Magnum Torches will kill passive spawn farms, and that's what a skyblock map relies on heavily, for a good portion, if not all of, the map, so I wouldn't go that route. As for a better solution? The slow and tedious route of double checking with MCEdit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk
Well Magnum torches have a rather predictable range. So simply don't cover your mob farms?

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
With no visibility of the range, it's all counting. Also, that's something that takes a while to get. Early game, that's almost too easy. Could be counted as cheating. Filling in the space is the most foolproof way.

-SenorColeTrain

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you've got Bibliocraft, the tape measure can count automatically. If not, why not?

Is that Pakratt's world ship? If so, I don't think there's anything comparable. Except perhaps the Sacred Oaks, which should do what you're asking.

On the other hand, the BC filler could fill in the holes.

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
I just think the Magnum Torch is possibly able to be considered cheaty. It would certainly be the easiest way though.

-SenorColeTrain

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
There might be/probably is, but the sacred rubber tree is absolutely massive. It dwarfs the redwood trees from both Natura and Biomes o Plenty.

-SenorColeTrain