Sky Factory 3 loading and play problems

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Title Sky Factory 3 loading and play problems

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Sky Factory 3

Modpack version 3.0.1

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/eLGt2iyJ

Details of the issue After downloading the pack for the first time, it was still loading 1 hour and 15 minutes after launch. I redownloaded the pack and it still takes ~40 minutes to load and ~40 minutes to create a new world. After finally getting in world, anytime I input a control (mouse, aswd, etc) my fps drops to 0 until I stop inputting controls.

I have 4gbs assigned to minecraft with the newest Java version. Windows takes up so much ram on it's own that I can't assign more to minecraft without it crashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
According to your log, I think you're running Java 1.8.0_25, the latest is 1.8.0_111
Try updating to the most recent version of SF3, 3.0.4 beta. It should have some updates to increase performance. Turn all of your settings down for video settings, and don't use a resource pack.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
According to your log, I think you're running Java 1.8.0_25, the latest is 1.8.0_111
Try updating to the most recent version of SF3, 3.0.4 beta. It should have some updates to increase performance. Turn all of your settings down for video settings, and don't use a resource pack.
That's very odd. I am using the 1.8.0_111 Java version. My video settings are on the lowest and I am not using a resource pack.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Try uninstalling Java and reinstalling it fresh. I know a few years back they had an issue with trying to load out of date versions, maybe that's the case this time