Sky Factory 3.0 - Cargo Manager (Tree Farm)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all -

EDIT: I'm sure people have already figured this out, but it's using Steve's carts...

I created a tree farm that is basically self sustaining - but I've run into an issue: Completely ignoring the farm itself (it works perfectly) - I have a solar panel powering an Alloy Smelter - which pulls in wood (to turn into charcoal) and then puts that back into the cargo manager to fuel the cart. I thought that would be awesome...

However, this morning I woke up and the cargo manager was nearly full of charcoal. I tried a couple different filters (hoping to find one that says 'limit to 64 charcoal' but couldn't find one. I finally put a daylight sensor on the smelter - and gave that an 'active only with signal (or whatever it is) so it now only runs half the day... But I'd rather figure out a way of basically only feeding the cargo manager when it's less than a stack of coal....

Any suggestions? Or a work around of some sort. It's driving me nuts...

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
I generally add a smelter to the cart itself to solve this problem. Not sure what the options are for this but I's probably look at the advanced filter from enderio and see if it does the job, if not then a workaround might be to have a second cargo manager purely for charcoal.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I generally add a smelter to the cart itself to solve this problem. Not sure what the options are for this but I's probably look at the advanced filter from enderio and see if it does the job, if not then a workaround might be to have a second cargo manager purely for charcoal.
That's an interesting idea...

I finally just used two different cargo managers. One for extraction - and one for Insertion.

Are transposers in the pack? I'm sure their filter can be set to keep a specific number of items in an inventory.
I'm honestly not sure. But, I got it fixed so it's all good. :)

M

modmuss50

Adding a smelter into the cart is a good way about this, or having a cargo manager put a fuel into the cart that way also works well.