Singleplayer world crashing upon startup

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
R

r3m0rs3lss

Title:
Singleplayer world crashing upon startup
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved (Expert Mode)
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Quite recently (earlier today) my singleplayer world has stopped loading when I go to play. It will load a small area (perhaps 2-3 chunks) then stop loading. I cannot interact with anything in this area (doors won't open, blocks won't drop items when broken). Sometimes the game crashes, sometimes I have to end it manually. Log link included seems to be the crash log of one of the crashes, however I noticed that in the FTB console it kept repeating the following for several thousand lines " [14:47:54] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityItem['item.tile.mushroom'/4761, l='Current world', x=-2403.36, y=11.13, z=2602.74] (at -151, 162 instead of -144, 165)" Followed by a stack trace

K

kristi71111

Try going into your config folder and opening forge.cfg and setting these values to true:
# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
B:removeErroringTileEntities=false
# Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
B:removeErroringEntities=false
This should fix your issue. However if it does not you would have to use mcedit to edit the region

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
There should also be an option in the forestry common.cfg file to remove invalid alleles. Setting it to true should fix it. And if you try what @kristi71111 suggested, take a backup first.

R

r3m0rs3lss

There should also be an option in the forestry common.cfg file to remove invalid alleles. Setting it to true should fix it. And if you try what @kristi71111 suggested, take a backup first.

Yeah I always take backups before I do anything new :p force of habit XD Unfortunately your suggestion only stopped it from crashing, world still won't load more than 2-3 chunks atm. Thanks for the suggestion though ^^

R

r3m0rs3lss

Try going into your config folder and opening forge.cfg and setting these values to true:
# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
B:removeErroringTileEntities=false
# Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
B:removeErroringEntities=false
This should fix your issue. However if it does not you would have to use mcedit to edit the region

The first bit didn't fix it, so I dl'd MCEdit and just deleted the chunk it was in, loaded well... But I forgot that I reinstalled the FTB Launcher (before I got your suggestion) so I had it set to 2GB max ram still (bad idea XD)

Thanks for the help! @mc.crab you too ;3