Single Player Worlds?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeadPillz

Jul 29, 2019
So, is it possible to have my single player server be on all the time without the need of my computer being on 24/7 and without having to buy a VPS to create a server?

I'd like to be able to chunk load things while I'm away from my computer for my machines to continue working..

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So, is it possible to have my single player server be on all the time without the need of my computer being on 24/7 and without having to buy a VPS to create a server?

I'd like to be able to chunk load things while I'm away from my computer for my machines to continue working..
In order for your world to be loaded you will need some computer somewhere to keep it running. You could pay for it to be hosted somewhere or set up a server yourself in your home. You could also install the server client on your own PC and just leave the pc running the server "overnight". It is far less resource intensive than running the actual client all the time.

But something somewhere needs to be on and running to keep the world loaded.

Reactions: Bigpak and PierceSG

DeadPillz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the information. How would I go about the server client side you mentioned?

As I think I will just do it that was then I have far less a chance of my PC over heating and such.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the information. How would I go about the server client side you mentioned?

As I think I will just do it that was then I have far less a chance of my PC over heating and such.
In the FTB launcher there is a button to DL the server pack for each pack. Then just google how to set up a TFB server, although it should be reasonably straight forward.

It does however require a decent amount of RAM to run both the server and the client on the same PC. But it is doable.