SimpleMods, vanilla server management plugin

JademusSreg

Jul 29, 2019
SimpleMods is useful, but relatively buggy and incomplete. Fortunately, so is FTB, so it's the perfect time to test.

I'd encourage every server operator to run it, preferably on a test server separate from your main FTB server until the mod matures.

kurzninja

Jul 29, 2019
I tried installing SimpleMods on my server and it won't even launch. I put it in the Coremods folder and when I try to run the server, the console never comes up. It shows javaw running in my processes, but it just sits there not doing anything. What am I doing wrong? o_O

gccruz

Jul 29, 2019
It worked for my. I had to use build 43. The wand doesn't work, nor do the region flags. But perms do great.

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
It worked for my. I had to use build 43. The wand doesn't work, nor do the region flags. But perms do great.
add simplemods to client (FTBBETAA\minecraft\coremods) and craft yourself a wand, place stick in crafting bench). Then you can use wordledit commands. region flags are bugged.

I recommend using Simplemods + fihgus together.

gccruz

Jul 29, 2019
I have done all of that. I do use them both currently. The mod is great. Wish there was a better way to apply permission than doing them all manually.

shakey2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using MCpermissions/MCprotect + fighu's for my mindcrack 1.4.6 modpack server. I like the permissions and region protection of MCprotect/permissions best because they give the most control right now. I'm also waiting on the author of bukkitforge to update block break API to get his stuff so I have block logging. As for simplemods I'm waiting for it to update for the backup and the special commands like /chest /craft etc. for my donators to use.