SimpleMods, vanilla server management plugin

gpgauier

Jul 29, 2019
I see a lot of suggestions for the great Fihgu's Command plugin. I wanted to throw SimpleMods in the mix.

I have tested this on my server and this seems to work great. It is a coremod, so no jar installation is required. Downside is that clients may need to install the plugin too. It seems like SimpleMods supports more commands then Fighu, but I have not tested everything yet.

Are there any other server admins that have experience with SimpleMods on their server?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
SimpleMods is very unknown. There is more time needed to go in there and check out for any bugs. But i don't think they will add the client version to the mod pack. Since there are solutions coming for the future.

Raimbur

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have running, figu and Simplemods running on my server, I'm using the protection system and the permissions system from Figu and for the other things I use Simple Mods. I didn't try the Backup function yet, but when I have tim, i will try it.

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
How did you get the permissions to work for Fighu's? I'm in the Owner group, have all the perm's added to the .txt file (even tried a .txt file with just @group owner in it) and I keep getting told "you don't have permission to do that"...

didlyi

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah me too have this problem..add my self to owner group but it also create's other text files with my name and group my name...also have same problem with..don't have perms..away round this was manual addmysekf to the owner text.and it worked alittle then..but still for certain cmds gives perms denied...is there a guide on how to use that mod??..I cannot find one..

Raimbur

Jul 29, 2019
@Didlyi The command page is wrong, when it creates a group with your name, you have to put on the place of you name the group and at the place where you placed the group you have to put your name there.....

I used the defaults, and eddited them a bit, but for commands like gamemode, you still have to be op I guess... But do the fighu commands work, or not?

didlyi

Jul 29, 2019
@Didlyi The command page is wrong, when it creates a group with your name, you have to put on the place of you name the group and at the place where you placed the group you have to put your name there.....

I used the defaults, and eddited them a bit, but for commands like gamemode, you still have to be op I guess... But do the fighu commands work, or not?
i'm sorry but you just confused me there....and believe it or not..even as op i still get the perms error lol..plus i dont like being in op mode....very dangerous that lol

It looks like this when i try add myself to owner
group_admin.txt
group_owner.txt
group_player.txt
player_didlyi.txt

and then i edited the player_didlyi.txt with "@group owner" inside it..

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
i'm sorry but you just confused me there....and believe it or not..even as op i still get the perms error lol..plus i dont like being in op mode....very dangerous that lol

It looks like this when i try add myself to owner
group_admin.txt
group_owner.txt
group_player.txt
player_didlyi.txt

and then i edited the player_didlyi.txt with "@group owner" inside it..

I have the same files, with the exception of player_krizmac, of course :)

If anyone has a help page for this mod bookmarked anywhere it would be insanely helpful, as all of my internet crawling produced nada.

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
open your player_name.txt file then you can add the group
@group owner
this will include everything in the group_owner.txt file to that user.
if you want to just give that user one command you can just add it to there player file. So if you add @group player and setregion to player_bob.txt then bob will have all the rights set in group_player.txt and the setregion command.

PS. I could not find any good explanation of this so I figured most out with trial and error

didlyi

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for heads up with this..figured out the editing files offline and then uploading..seems as if the ingame commands are little borked..

Just gunna try figure out the region part now...I tried last night with (test) local LAN server and I think it only protected that single block I was stood on...dam glad I do not have a huge build yet..
Always good to test local first before upload to main server hehe..

Thanks guys.

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
The protection is a good base but its not perfect.

Regions are easy to setup. you click on corner then the and opposite corner. The issue is if there are ANY blocks inside that are already protected you can not protect the region until you unlock all of them. There are way around it as well so don't rely on it fully.

Crezetique

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have running, figu and Simplemods running on my server, I'm using the protection system and the permissions system from Figu and for the other things I use Simple Mods. I didn't try the Backup function yet, but when I have tim, i will try it.
I did exactly the same thing.

I've use fihgu to setup permissions while simplemods simply added a few more commands. The worldediting functions simplemods provides is very limited but is able to handle simple tasks.
However I have never got simplemod's region to work properly even after setting up flags properly, a person with supposedly no permissions was able to break block. They'll get a 'can't break' message but allows them to do so anyway.
Thankfully fihgu has its own region function.

Waarlod

Jul 29, 2019
I installed SimpleMod's the day before Thanksgiving (Wednesday night). What awaited me Thursday was a day full of server crashes and 10+ second block lag. I appreciate that there are not a lot of Forge "plugins" like this one... but Simplemods gave me nothing but headaches. If anyone is interested, I have plenty of crash logs for the curious and adventurous.

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to find where does SimpleMods save regions file?

edit:

Got it: worldname/SimpleMods

shakey2

Jul 29, 2019
SimpleRegions(included in simplemods) vs Fighu's regions.
What are the pros and cons of the two? All I know is that simpleRegions also works as a simple world edit, and Fighu's just protects it.

shakey2

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how the kits work? I want to make certain kits available to only certain ranks, is this possible? Like say kit iron can only be used by member rank but kit diamond can only be used by donator rank. I have fihgu's permission mod installed as well as simplemods.

Dr.JohnZoidberg

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been using simple mods since FTB came out, and the one thing I cant seem to figure out how to do is assign non simple mod permissions to the simple mods groups. I.E. the save-all command.

Does anyone know how the kits work? I want to make certain kits available to only certain ranks, is this possible? Like say kit iron can only be used by member rank but kit diamond can only be used by donator rank. I have fihgu's permission mod installed as well as simplemods.

As to Shakey2's post, I believe you can only limit who has access to the permission kit, not specific kits; just like you can only limit who has access to the personal warp command not setting or using personal warps. It seems like sub commands are packaged together under the one permission

gccruz

Jul 29, 2019
I see a lot of suggestions for the great Fihgu's Command plugin. I wanted to throw SimpleMods in the mix.

I have tested this on my server and this seems to work great. It is a coremod, so no jar installation is required. Downside is that clients may need to install the plugin too. It seems like SimpleMods supports more commands then Fighu, but I have not tested everything yet.

Are there any other server admins that have experience with SimpleMods on their server?
What build are you using? 43?