Simple quarry setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
They are probably needed to to TE3s intended incompatibility with BC pipes.

What I don't understand though is why have all these pipes and stuff on the quarry end at all? Tesseract for power(and a few conduits now ofc), Enderchest for items and that is all on the Quarry side. Much easier to move the quarry that way. Then all the other handling is dealt with back home at base.

Because itemsorting without reducing throughput.

I tried having the diamond/void pipe filtering out waste after teleporting everything back to my base but BC pipes removing from an inventory is a hell of a lot slower than a properly powered quarry outputs stuff.

That and I'm too lazy to work out how I should go about filtering cobble and dirt using itemducts XD

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It's not better to filter at the quarry end?
Not unless you cant handle the item flux out of the enderchest/tesseract/whatever means you choose. But tbh with Itemducts it is super easy and cheap to set up something that can keep up with a maxed out quarry. Just stick 2 itemducts on the Enderchest for example in suction mode, have it export to a Trashcan nearby with the items you want destroyed whitelisted in the Servo. Then just lead the itemduct on to your sorting system/whatever.[DOUBLEPOST=1396405200][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because itemsorting without reducing throughput.

I tried having the diamond/void pipe filtering out waste after teleporting everything back to my base but BC pipes removing from an inventory is a hell of a lot slower than a properly powered quarry outputs stuff.

That and I'm too lazy to work out how I should go about filtering cobble and dirt using itemducts XD
^

There are tons of other means of destroying items you don't want. Extra Utilities "Trash can", Railcraft "Void chest" etc. And the itemducts are super easy to use once you figure out that you need to apply the servos.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My quarry set-up is normally a tesseract ontop of the quarry, with two conduits going down the side

I then on the other end I have power going into it, and have an item sorting go out, that way the set-up on the quarry side is minimal.

Reactions: WauloK

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
E: Enderquarry (Why you not using this? They are better, USE THEM!!!!)
C: EnderChest
T: Tesseract

C
ET

3 blocks quarry :D not stick that tesseract in your home to power and the ender chest to something else.. that takes items.. I dont know what u use :p

(i dont use the tesseract to transport the items because my energy tesseracts transports charcoal to produce more energy but you can just use itemducts, the enderquarry supports them, and dump the items into the tess)

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
My current setup is a quarry with a tesseract for power and a diamond chest ( quarryplus quarry ) then an me precision bus pulling it into my mini ae system I set up with 4k or 16k storages

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
E: Enderquarry (Why you not using this? They are better, USE THEM!!!!)
C: EnderChest
T: Tesseract

C
ET

3 blocks quarry :D not stick that tesseract in your home to power and the ender chest to something else.. that takes items.. I dont know what u use :p

(i dont use the tesseract to transport the items because my energy tesseracts transports charcoal to produce more energy but you can just use itemducts, the enderquarry supports them, and dump the items into the tess)

So why are you telling someone else not to use item tessarect mode? 2 block quarry. Why don't you just blacklist an item duct?

Reactions: rhn

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
So why are you telling someone else not to use item tessarect mode? 2 block quarry. Why don't you just blacklist an item duct?

Wait... Black list on item ducts in tesseract works? but the tesseract doesnt have an inventory :s if for example I put a blacklist and the place where the blocks from the quarry go gets filled, the quarry will keep working and the items will be stored inside the tesseract? Or do i lose them?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
You black list what can pass through the item duct, but this does mean unless you white list the other itemduct, then you're going to have your charcoal system clogged.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... Black list on item ducts in tesseract works? but the tesseract doesnt have an inventory :s if for example I put a blacklist and the place where the blocks from the quarry go gets filled, the quarry will keep working and the items will be stored inside the tesseract? Or do i lose them?
If you blacklist on the receiving end, there has to be somewhere else for the items to go. The tesseract doesn't have an inventory, and even if it did, you'd fill it up quite fast with a quarry

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
The confusion around itemducts is why I always use a diamond pipe to void pipe to filter junk comming out of my quarry.

In early game, I filter junk out of my quarry and dump the ores into a chest and return to empty the chest & add fuel. At that stage, I find using a trash can instead of a void pipe is more convenient -- I can easily unload extra junk from inventory or empty the chest of blocks from whatever mod im never planning to use.

Power is always 3 TE dynamos. 1st steam dynamos with charcoal, and then compression dynamos with a barrel or 2 of fuel.

Until I can get tesseracts running (read: reach the end), I find the 3 compression dynamos of any type will keep a quarry going at a nice speed without overwhelming things.

Eventually my quarries are just 4 blocks:
Quarry, Ender chest, Redstone conduit and power tesseract.
(ive never been able to get a tesseract to directly power a quarry)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I got into mods for the quarry. Quarry Plus & the Ender Quarry are great. But I have used a digital miner and I can't go back. I have no need to manually filter items like in these setups. I don't even have much dirt or gravel and all of my cobble is from igneous extruders.

I can't go back.

3 blocks set and my chunk loader = delicious, silk touched resources.

I can't go back.

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
It won't, but it will directly take all the items if you put it on top of the quarry. Though you then need 2 conduits so it's still 4 blocks :)

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
The confusion around itemducts is why I always use a diamond pipe to void pipe to filter junk comming out of my quarry.

Confusion around itemducts? There are some great tutorials out there if you're unsure how to use them.

Also you can just place a tessarect on top of a quarry and have them swallow the items, then have a conduit powering the quarry. Or use a quarry that natively supports RF.

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to run 20 or so magma powered machines on one nether pump, or at least thats about what i have figured out, the magmatic dynamo seems to be most efficient an it can run BC machines directly with a conduit

Come work for the CobbleCo

Hardchlor

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest setup is simply a quarry next to a redsone energy cell, which you can charge wherever you want and then you just have a trashcan or void pipe for the cobbles and your ender chest ^^

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, my quarry setup is a full size bc quarry (I don't have a laser setup) with a ender chest to a me export bus into my AE system, I still need to get the processing of ores sorted out, I still use my TiC smeltery placing all the liquid ore into a block hardener maker thingy!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Partly. it's also a workaround because the quarry won't eject into itemducts and I couldn't get transport pipes to connect to the tesseract for some weird reason.

A quarry will eject into BC pipes or any adjacent inventory, so you can simply place a tesseract ON the quarry to transmit the items. The quarry still needs to accept power via a TE energy conduit, so two pieces of energy pipe move the power.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
A simple setup? Here:
WmzgGgr.jpg

At base you can put ME interface directly onto Tesseract so it will all go in the system. Unless you do it in awkward way like me and make the ores go through ore processing chain before first entering the ME drives as ingots.

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
@Zafllis
Thats a good idea with the ender quarry and i am going to implement that immidatly

Come work for the CobbleCo