Simple quarry setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Energy tesseract is your best friend.

All I do is put my quarry down, define a 64x64 area, pop the item tesseract, with the other end on my ME system, pop the energy tesseract, attached to my 54ish industrial steam engines (dunno, that's like 450 MJ/t or something). You will get to the point where you can rape the entire map if you're not careful, because you have so much energy and you keep getting so much resources.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
For a basic quarry, I'd have a single tesseract and 2 energy conduits (of any kind) as many people here have suggested along with the quarry itself and then do all filtering/processing at the other end. I find it much easier and could never use anything else.

Once I've got the power and resources for multiple quarries, it's so simple to set up more quarries at once and so I set four 64x64 quarries in a "square" pattern with a tesseract, energy conduits and pipes in the middle. Nice and clean, nice and effective. Though with the world I'm currently playing on, I started to use QuarryPlus and so I set up the same thing but with four 256x256 quarries... I now have 20 million cobblestone.

Reactions: WauloK

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Energy tesseract is your best friend.

All I do is put my quarry down, define a 64x64 area, pop the item tesseract, with the other end on my ME system, pop the energy tesseract, attached to my 54ish industrial steam engines (dunno, that's like 450 MJ/t or something). You will get to the point where you can rape the entire map if you're not careful, because you have so much energy and you keep getting so much resources.
Hehe, 1.5 or 1.4?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Both.

Now with the laser drill, I don't even have to care about my quarries. Though, if I ever get bored I'mma build a LUA program to auto set up quarries in a Mystcraft world and go to town on that.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So what do you guys use for differentiating between geostrata cobbles and normal cobble? Itemduct servo whitelists don't discriminate as far as I can see

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try playing around with the oredict/metadata settings on the servos? If you set it to ignore oredict, it should only give you the specific type of cobble rather than any cobble.