Simple Modding Q&As

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
This is intended to be a thread to ask simple questions

I'll start us off. How would I turn "minecraft:rotten_flesh" into Items.rotten_flesh in my code (and have "minecraft:rotten_flesh" changeable in configs)

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
This is intended to be a thread to ask simple questions

I'll start us off. How would I turn "minecraft:rotten_flesh" into Items.rotten_flesh in my code (and have "minecraft:rotten_flesh" changeable in configs)
Why would you ever need to do this? If you give me a scenario I think I can help you out.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you ever need to do this? If you give me a scenario I think I can help you out.
I am trying to make a mod where you adjust mob drops based on config files. And since Forge has limited support for variables I was going to try to use StringLists and convert to ints (Frequency, #, etc.), but I can't figure out items
Editable mob drops. Because Mob Properties is broken with 1.7.10 IDs.
You ninjas...

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I should make a new thread to ask this. But could anyone tell me what kind of coding I would have to use to make a button press shrink the player's hitbox and look while also scaling the POV?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I should make a new thread to ask this. But could anyone tell me what kind of coding I would have to use to make a button press shrink the player's hitbox and look while also scaling the POV?
If there is an event that returns the point of view you will want to use that and an event that rertuns the hitbox you will want to use aswell. Look into the player class.

C

chbachman

I am trying to make a mod where you adjust mob drops based on config files. And since Forge has limited support for variables I was going to try to use StringLists and convert to ints (Frequency, #, etc.), but I can't figure out items

You ninjas...

Item.getItemFromStrijg or something like that I think.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Here's my question: I've heard that Minecraft has a "Debug Mode" that allows you to edit code in real-time without having to restart it every time. But how do I do it? (using Idea)

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my question: I've heard that Minecraft has a "Debug Mode" that allows you to edit code in real-time without having to restart it every time. But how do I do it? (using Idea)
IDEA, if it's anything like eclipse, should have a debug mode. Just run the program in this mode and should auto update minecraft as stuff changes. You have to pause it though if you're doing anything but changes values.

Wavebrother

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me? Eclipse does not show the Minecraft client as a program. When I click on run there is no "Client".

Wavebrother

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember. I haven't had to do it in over a year, and I use IDEA now too *shrug*

Best bet at this point would be to Google it, you're bound to find something.
I have googled it. I haven't found anything. Please help because I want to get back to coding but I cant test to see if it works. :(
PS: This happened right after I tried uploading to Github.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have googled it. I haven't found anything. Please help because I want to get back to coding but I cant test to see if it works. :(
PS: This happened right after I tried uploading to Github.
Use IDEA jk :p, but in all honesty it is a better IDE