Show Your Agrarian Skies world

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
I am very interested in what kind of Skyblock world you build in the latest Modpack "Agrarian Skies".
Let me and the community see your creations.

Thats my Agrarian Skies world. I play this Modpack with an friend on a small private web-server.

These are my different islands:
mmsw8p.jpg

Thats my main Island:
verpft.jpg

My Portal island and Village island in the background:
352onzl.jpg

The little node island:
2005jdx.jpg

My biodome for treebreeding with butterflies:
2vdqkpf.jpg

The army of butterflies make a great work:
2yxlxl5.jpg

The view to the little thaumcraft hill:
24g6izd.jpg

The magic area inside the hill:
jfgd8n.jpg

My House with the fishing lodge:
x5cz8z.jpg

Inside the house:
123lb1f.jpg

2vamjr5.jpg

143ewr4.jpg

and some ugly but needful things inside of the main island:
nz0g80.jpg

2vnicyh.jpg

My texture pack is Soartex Fanver and all has been build in survival. There is already a lot of work on this map. Many details are missing and i plan to make a few more islands with different functions. A Jungle island, a mushroom island and a biodome island for treebreeding with butterflies ... aso.

Let me see your builds.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
that's friggin epic, mad props to you and your friend
I've never really gotten far in Agrarian Skies, as I played on hardcore and I often died before I could build anything interesting.
but now with hardcore quest released I guess I can finally start building pretty things ;)

one question though... did you start of with building your world like this, or did you first start with a very basic ugly looking island?
I always start of with an ugly basic island to get the basic things rolling before I start building a better looking island...

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Im scared to share my world after seeing this. :D
Its basicly flat with some basic machines and automation.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
that's friggin epic, mad props to you and your friend
I've never really gotten far in Agrarian Skies, as I played on hardcore and I often died before I could build anything interesting.
but now with hardcore quest released I guess I can finally start building pretty things ;)

one question though... did you start of with building your world like this, or did you first start with a very basic ugly looking island?
I always start of with an ugly basic island to get the basic things rolling before I start building a better looking island...

Sure we start with a wodden, ugly, flat platform with a basic drop monsterfarm on top of it. Till we get enough earth from rotten flesh, sapplings and wheat, we start to expand and rebuild the island.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Sure we start with a wodden, ugly, flat platform with a basic drop monsterfarm on top of it. Till we get enough earth from rotten flesh, sapplings and wheat, we start to expand and rebuild the island.

I'm on the home sweet home map right now and ugh, morvy is killing me with all those microblocks :p

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
A good use for them is to use the slabs/half slabs to make steps anywhere you'd have to jump otherwise. Probably save a bit of hunger that way. My first game was platform, 2nd was home, sweet home. 3rd is back on the platform. I like the extra dirt at the start---there might be extra in the other map I just didn't find it.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying this out now. skyblock type of maps are like blank canvases. so much fun to be had.
but one question. is the tools suposed to be iguanatweeked with the XP system it adds? because on my end that does not seem to be even remotely working.

edit: NVM the tool level up system. I found the question answered elsewhere.

for others wondering: Jaded has turned the leveling system off.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
A good use for them is to use the slabs/half slabs to make steps anywhere you'd have to jump otherwise. Probably save a bit of hunger that way. My first game was platform, 2nd was home, sweet home. 3rd is back on the platform. I like the extra dirt at the start---there might be extra in the other map I just didn't find it.

If You try to place the only dirt block on home sweet home you will find the extra dirt. ;)

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed another strange thing. when doing the fishing task. i found that the only way to reliably cast the rod is by casting it up into the sky while standing right next to or into the water. it's no big deal, but a little FYI for any others who wants to try the challenge out.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed another strange thing. when doing the fishing task. i found that the only way to reliably cast the rod is by casting it up into the sky while standing right next to or into the water. it's no big deal, but a little FYI for any others who wants to try the challenge out.

Thats why i build a small sea in front of the house. Big enough to fish without problems. At the beginning i placed the netherportal under water in the sea to prevent mob invasions from the nether but the pigman and netherfish had no problem with water.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why i build a small sea in front of the house. Big enough to fish without problems. At the beginning i placed the netherportal under water in the sea to prevent mob invasions from the nether but the pigman and netherfish had no problem with water.
Well. turning in the fishing task can be done about 5 minutes into the game if you go straight for it. no way to make any lake by then. since this is done before you have made any buckets. tossing upwards is a pretty reliable way to make the bobber go properly into the water.

Reactions: twisto51

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I saw somebody doing that on a twitch stream. Stood in the water and made his cast directly upward. It goes straight up then straight back down, landing in the water properly every time. You just watch the line after that, is obvious when you get a bite. One of those things you wish you knew before spending so much time trying to cast just right, making bigger pools so the bobber doesn't get stuck, etc.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
Well. turning in the fishing task can be done about 5 minutes into the game if you go straight for it. no way to make any lake by then. since this is done before you have made any buckets. tossing upwards is a pretty reliable way to make the bobber go properly into the water.

Thats right if you only like to quest but it takes a littel bit more time if you use fishing to get several useful things like ink, glowstone, blazepowder, fishoil, slimeballs ... aso. Dont forget the jewelery from mariculture you need the pearls for.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely HATE fishing in minecraft, I might even hate it more then vanilla enchanting... it's just so effing derpy and glitchy...

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Thats right if you only like to quest but it takes a littel bit more time if you use fishing to get several useful things like ink, glowstone, blazepowder, fishoil, slimeballs ... aso. Dont forget the jewelery from mariculture you need the pearls for.

and don't forget food. fishing is a great way to prevent death from starvation. since you are standing still, your hunger will drop very slowly, thus giving you a chance to work your way back up to full when the larder is empty. (as a bonus, it's something you can do while waiting for crops to grow).

Getting enough dirt to turn into cobble, so you can get the cobble gen going is slow work. especially if you don't get any seeds or reeds early on. starving is a real possibility if all you do is rely on apples.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I am very interested in what kind of Skyblock world you build in the latest Modpack "Agrarian Skies".
Let me and the community see your creations.

Thats my Agrarian Skies world. I play this Modpack with an friend on a small private web-server.

These are my different islands:

Thats my main Island:

My Portal island and Village island in the background:

The little node island:

The view to the little thaumcraft hill:

The magic area inside the hill:

My House with the fishing lodge:

Inside the house:

and some ugly but needful things inside of the main island:

My texture pack is Soartex Fanver and all has been build in survival. There is already a lot of work on this map. Many details are missing and i plan to make a few more islands with different functions. A Jungle island, a mushroom island and a biodome island for treebreeding with butterflies ... aso.

Let me see your builds.

Any chance I could get some of these in my mixpack for... purposes? Please?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe building the Nether Portal way off on an island by itself is a great idea.
kcbxgRX.jpg)

Minding my own business when I get hit by a fireball out of nowhere. Lucky it didn't hit the original wooden portion of the platform. He didn't care that I hadn't mined the Nether either. Took two stacks of arrows to put him down. Dropped a blaze rod and an ender lily seed.