Show us your Nexuseseseseseiiiiiiieseisieisieii

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
New map, new nexus:
gQi5sXz.png

ZZ3ATeZ.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I beg to disagree, there's a reason why it's called "quake pro".

Yeah ... because being good at quake (or any fps) means your automatically also smart. :p

But to be honest here. high FOV rigs like that just make my eyes hurt one of the reasons I switched to a wider monitor early when HD was just getting off the ground was to get more FOV without crushing my vision like that. Can't stand that squished distorted look personally.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah because people who use the word "pro" when referencing the playing of games deserve to be laughed at imo.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Putting that eye in the sky is just evil. Makes me think I'm in Limbo.

Also, here's my portal in the nexus:
2013-08-02_16.24.20.png
2013-08-02_16.24.41.png

Except that it's been changed to a more reasonable one since then, which is fine really.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah ... because being good at quake (or any fps) means your automatically also smart. :p
A short search into the world of pro-gamers reveals they're all smart and successful, look at Thresh.

Generalizations are bad, I know, but this one has some solid foundations, the competition in professional level playing is very hard. And well, tactical thinking, planing ahead, timing, etc, all need a certain degree of "smartness", also fast reflexes have high correlations with "g" the general intelligence factor. The fact that players that really make money from playing are smart is no accident.
Yeah because people who use the word "pro" when referencing the playing of games deserve to be laughed at imo.
Yes, let's all laugh at people who make money doing something professionally. For example, nurses. Really, what's the difference? The training is there, the skill is there, the only difference is the quantifiable value of said work. In the case of nurses vs gamers it's saving lives vs entertaining. And sure, there's people who would call entertaining work worthless, but then, look at Hollywood.

But if you're referencing little human larvae that just call themselves that before achieving anything, then yeah, I guess xD. But that's true for anything, not just playing.

Regardless of anything though, a wide POW makes surviving easier if you have the faculties to make most of it, as is illustrated by the fact I yet have to die on the current map. Going from this, I'd say that using it was the smart choice for me :).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
A short search into the world of pro-gamers reveals they're all smart and successful, look at Thresh.

And I will give you that. But I would also agure that more people that use Quake-Pro FOV settings are not indeed Pro Gamers nor are they automaticaly smarter people.

I play FPS and am fairly decent at them but I make no claim to be Pro nor would I use my skill level at FPS games as some sort of IQ test. As such I would not make Quake-Pro FOV Setting any sign of boosted intelagance.

Poppy I am not saying there are not smart gamers in fact there are many of them. All I am saying is your choice of FOV setting has no relation to anyones IQ and your skill at FPS also only shows that oddly enough you are good at FPS and not some how smarter over all. While use smart people can be good at games being good at games does not make you smart.

But back on topic. I think the nexus needs some sort of water or at least liquid feature of some sort.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
And I will give you that. But I would also agure that more people that use Quake-Pro FOV settings are not indeed Pro Gamers nor are they automaticaly smarter people.

I play FPS and am fairly decent at them but I make no claim to be Pro nor would I use my skill level at FPS games as some sort of IQ test. As such I would not make Quake-Pro FOV Setting any sign of boosted intelagance.

Poppy I am not saying there are not smart gamers in fact there are many of them. All I am saying is your choice of FOV setting has no relation to anyones IQ and your skill at FPS also only shows that oddly enough you are good at FPS and not some how smarter over all. While use smart people can be good at games being good at games does not make you smart.
Of course :) goes the other way as well though. I just did the devil advocate thing after someone insinuated it might go the one way :D.

But back on topic. I think the nexus needs some sort of water or at least liquid feature of some sort.
I fully agree, the initial idea was to have a sort of a rocky alcove to the side with a waterfall, a tiny stream leading into a quartz pool in the middle and then on into a waterfall off the side. The spawn door was meant to go into the alcove and the communal area was meant to be centered around the pool. I will get to it eventually, unless someone beats me to it, or does something even better.

By which I'm saying it'd be great if you'd like to do it.