Should I uninstall Factorization?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Better ore proccessing and many cool Features But its very complicated But it has also easy ways of steam Generation

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
it has small robots that you need to lay tracks for and program using symbols that you lay on the track and although I haven't done this myself nor do I know how stable it is, it looks like you can make stuff like this:
8b9R0ZD.png

Reactions: Type1Ninja

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
it has small robots that you need to lay tracks for and program using symbols that you lay on the track and although I haven't done this myself nor do I know how stable it is, it looks like you can make stuff like this:
Cool, so I guess it's out! Thanks guys! It's a shame I have to let go of my 14 Logic Matrix Programmers...

Reactions: mattp_12

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really late game
Its not all about early game Stuff its just that It Has some very fun and Complex builds to.Do useful things If you need them or not :)
And compared with mekanism the Ore tripling It adds is by far Easier to Set up

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization has always been like that. Only ever used for barrels, routers and wrath lamps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Its not all about early game Stuff its just that It Has some very fun and Complex builds to.Do useful things If you need them or not :)
And compared with mekanism the Ore tripling It adds is by far Easier to Set up

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
Yeah, but I already have an ore quadrupling system from Mekanism (I don't know who would be mad enough to make the ore quintupling one, it's VERY expensive and slow and requires a lot of resources and space).
Factorization has always been like that. Only ever used for barrels, routers and wrath lamps.

Factorization seems to me like one of those mods that doesn't realize that the less laggy your builds are the better.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Factorization seems to me like one of those mods that doesn't realize that the less laggy your builds are the better.
And why do you think its laggy?
Because its ore processing need more then one step? I haven't played with mechanism but if you can get ore quadrupling with only one step then that seems very, very boring.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
And why do you think its laggy?
Because its ore processing need more then one step? I haven't played with mechanism but if you can get ore quadrupling with only one step then that seems very, very boring.
umm...yeah? Anyways, I haven't played Factorization, I don't want to say anything bad about it, especially because I might be dead wrong, but this is my personal Mekanism Quadrupling System:
javaw 2015-09-01 17-13-47-21.png

It "stretches" across 2 chunks (I couldn't fit it in just 1) and it's built in the hottest and nearest biome to my base. The planning of this thing took a while, but I think I did a pretty good job. It's very efficient!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
let me clarify myself, I wanted to know why you taught factorization was laggy especially since you made it look to me like you taught it was less laggy then mechanism.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
let me clarify myself, I wanted to know why you taught factorization was laggy especially since you made it look to me like you taught it was less laggy then mechanism.
Because it has complicated machinery with moving parts and animations. I made a sorting system for a tutorial and it was big and complicated.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The animations won't cause tps problems.
The use of the hammer dimension can be disabled (its also still WIP)
The grinder if you don't set it up with a barrel in front of it probably just uses block updates to know when it needs to run(I'm not sure how it detects when a barrel has items in it)

But to each their own I guess. I like factorization, you don't it seems

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
The animations won't cause tps problems.
The use of the hammer dimension can be disabled (its also still WIP)
The grinder if you don't set it up with a barrel in front of it probably just uses block updates to know when it needs to run(I'm not sure how it detects when a barrel has items in it)

But to each their own I guess. I like factorization, you don't it seems
It's not that, it's just that I don't really see its use when I have all these other mods at my disposal. So yeah, I guess, to each their own.
EDIT: Also, I'm not uninstalling it because I don't like it! I'm very late game, my world is laggy, I've already got everything I might ever want. I just want to reduce the load time of my modpack. I might get to know Factorization better in future modpacks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are there ways of creating Factorization steam other than the old solar boilers now?

It's not that, it's just that I don't really see its use when I have all these other mods at my disposal.
I think this is the key thing right here. I have lots of mods in my current packs that I would like to check out one day, but I know, frankly, I'm not gonna in my current worlds. Might as well ditch em for now.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Are there ways of creating Factorization steam other than the old solar boilers now?
You can use food to generate the steam, and I think it can just use any sort of steam but I haven't tested that

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the caloric something or other. Was an odd way of generating steam.
I think that's where Factorization suffered. Odd design choice.

As for it being laggy? Does anyone use the mod enough to know this? The only thing I can think of is when some toolbox decided to use a wrath igniter to glass an entire desert. Again with the poor design choices.
At least it gave us the concept of barrels that JABBA elaborated on.
However I don't think removing it will shave off much load time.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the caloric something or other. Was an odd way of generating steam.
I think that's where Factorization suffered. Odd design choice.

As for it being laggy? Does anyone use the mod enough to know this? The only thing I can think of is when some toolbox decided to use a wrath igniter to glass an entire desert. Again with the poor design choices.
At least it gave us the concept of barrels that JABBA elaborated on.
However I don't think removing it will shave off much load time.

It's obviously not the only mod I'm removing. There have been many before it, there will be others after it, like SmallBoats. Also, when your world runs at 12 fps, ANYTHING extra will make it even more laggy.