Should I give up on FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not on to check, but generally you want to aim for the pulverizer, not the macerator in these packs. It doubles your ores and gives extras.
As a general rule, look into the thermal expansion machines. A lot of the mod balance works around them as opposed to the IC2 ones.

Reactions: Matthew83

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the help guys/girls! You've all been very helpful in my quest to understand FTB. All further questions will be directed to Google, unfortunately; don't want to spam the forums with noob questions.

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said you didn't want to watch videos but I highly recommend Direwolf20 since he explains how the mods work very well. Though he doesn't use GregTech he mainly starts out with Thermal Expansion which is a great way to avoid using GregTech until you have more resources to devote to it.

sixdrumquads

Jul 29, 2019
if you have more questions there is a thread titled "as a simple question get a simple answer" it usually hovers are the first few pages and has a pretty dedicated group of "experts" who can help you with anything more you need. These packs have a ton to take in at first but once you learn some of the basics life gets fun and challenging (in a good way) quickly.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
There's a thread that discusses starting strategies, also, when you get good at it, it's so fun to see how much you can multitask :p Right now:
  • IC2/GT
  • RC
  • Traincraft
  • AE
  • TF
  • Forestry
  • TE
  • TC
  • BC
I plan to use FZ and RP soon too!
Oh, and you'll kknow what all that stuff I said was!
IndustrialCraft2/Gregtech
Railcraft
Traincraft
Applied Energeistics
Twilight Forest
Forestry
Thermal Expansion
Thaumcraft
Buildcraft
Factorization
Red Power
What I do is have the wiki up in a tab, and I like to look at some stuff, see what people do (wow you can sort things!? I'm gonna do that!)
Then I think, how can I sort....And all these options pop up, like Gregtech, Railcraft, Applied Energeistics, Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, Factorization, AND Redpower. Oh, and MFR(Minefactory Reloaded).
Then I'll need something to sort with! Mining! ComputerCraft, Buildcraft, Redpower, Industrialcraft, all great ways to automatic mine!
Mining and sorting are the things you want to start with in many cases. Until you are able to make every item renewably through bees, UU Matter, Scrap, or Processing, then you'll need to mine. And filling up tons of unsorted chests won't help you out in the long run, so a basic sorting system should get you started to get you items to use to upgrade the system.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion, start out like you would a normal vanilla world but make sure you collect resources like copper, tin and rubber saplings, then slowly learn one mod at a time through either watching tutorials, looking on the official FTB (or sometimes the tekkit wiki because its been around longer) or the forum thread/website of the mod

Reactions: TheLegendaryFoxFire

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion, start out like you would a normal vanilla world but make sure you collect resources like copper, tin and rubber saplings, then slowly learn one mod at a time through either watching tutorials, looking on the official FTB (or sometimes the tekkit wiki because its been around longer) or the forum thread/website of the mod
Yes, and until you get good at it, try to get a base and get to the nether. It's not required, but it's helpful if you can read the wiki and not have to go mine some x.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a place to ask simple questions without having to make a forum topic every time? Like a IM system, something like that?