Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 2] [Ended]

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question, is the connected textures on the clear glass meant to be a default thing?
(If you know..?)

Because I'd quite like to know how to get that.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Question, is the connected textures on the clear glass meant to be a default thing?
(If you know..?)

Because I'd quite like to know how to get that.

if you mean the TiCo clear glass then yes, connected textures is default, intended, and awesome.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I can not take full credit for the using portals for pigman thing. It has been around for a long time in vanilla and making the grid thing is just an obvus thing. Mulitple people have come up with some variation on this and I'm sure if you google pigman farm you will find a few hits on something like this among all the nether based piston drop trap ones.

Saice is humble. Which is good, this essential design is so well-known even I've seen it before. That doesn't make it any less awesome. It's actually a very good, inexpensive, and simple gold generator. It also generates a ton of liquidXP, which can then be turned into mob essence for a ton of uses in MFR. I'm seriously considering building myself one in a mining age with a momentum-preserving book to drop them in the actual location.

What do i need to do to get a place on the Beta Server? It seems pretty awesome.
There are actually a few public RR servers and greylist servers now. See the ATLauncher for more details. Raven's RR is actually far more active than either of the beta servers.[DOUBLEPOST=1377129996][/DOUBLEPOST]
then why isn't mine on my world doing it ._.

For better or worse, we're truly bleeding edge over here. The only reason ForgeCraft had it before we did is because it seems like mDiyo tested it there. :D We literally had it within about 16 hours of mDiyo releasing it to the public.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been doing side work. Ive done all the research for TC, TT, and TB.

Decided I needed to get some cursed earth for some stuff later. But I got no real armor just vanilla stuff and long fall boots. So I had to come up with a way to not die a painful death or lose all the cursed earth. After some testing a figured using lighting was actually a bad idea as you still get a number of spawns and the cursed earth starts fires and gets destroyed so you end up with a smaller haul and some combat. Water was another idea but still you get some spawns and the water cuases issues and can destory the earth.

Then I came up with this.

Sigil by Saice, on Flickr

Fences with just enough exposed to allow the ritual to work. This worked great there was no spawns possable and I could get all the earth. Ended up with 3+ stacks of it.

Sigil by Saice, on Flickr

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
You could try a MFR Squid Powered biofuel farm, but to start that infinite proccess you need to apply a small source of starter power. For 1 liquid fueled 36HP boiler you would only need 2 ranchers and 8 biofuel reactors.once Set up it will run infinitely like a tree farm or water mills, only that it outputs WAY more!
Sorry for my formatting, ftb isnt friendly with my phone..
Also you would need to make some sort of aquatank or so for the squids and a way of preventing them from dieing. But that should be easy for a shoop like you ;D

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You could try a MFR Squid Powered biofuel farm, but to start that infinite proccess you need to apply a small source of starter power. For 1 liquid fueled 36HP boiler you would only need 2 ranchers and 8 biofuel reactors.once Set up it will run infinitely like a tree farm or water mills, only that it outputs WAY more!
Sorry for my formatting, ftb isnt friendly with my phone..

That does not work in more recent versions of MFR where the effency has been adjusted for the bioreactor.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well why not a steve's carts treefarm, and tehn squid ink will just make it more varied, so better!

If I was going to do bio I'd do a few farms. Check out Poppycock sometime he does a really nice biofuel system.

I prefer to do more odd things when possable and effecency is never in my game plan.

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
That does not work in more recent versions of MFR where the effency has been adjusted for the bioreactor.

Well, my Setup uses like 10 squids, but i used an item from Thaumic Tinkerer (Cryogenig Crystal or something like that) wich makes the squids stay foreverbin my water tank without despawning and 2 ranchers, 8 biofuel reactors.
The BioFuel in my 5by5 tank wont drop down even if fueling 2 boilers, the excess ink sacks get stored in a deep storage unit.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my Setup uses like 10 squids, but i used an item from Thaumic Tinkerer (Cryogenig Crystal or something like that) wich makes the squids stay foreverbin my water tank without despawning and 2 ranchers, 8 biofuel reactors.
The BioFuel in my 5by5 tank wont drop down even if fueling 2 boilers, the excess ink sacks get stored in a deep storage unit.

yes yes.... But in more recent versions of MFR the effeceny of the bioreactor has been changed making it about ten times less effecent for single items. The curve still gets you to the old values when you get more stuff in the reactor but single items bioreactor run boilers are fairly impossible on updated MFR which is what the Resonet Rise mod pack is using. So it really is all about what version of MFR you are using.

All this has come up before over here --> http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/squids-are-overpowered.28530/

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
Awwww Maaan,
I saw some great Potencial having those Squids powering my future Bases.... I am a bit dissappointed...
but however, my World got build in a Direwolf20 1.5.2 v1.1.2 World and i probably won't update anymore because of the Version 1.1.3 requires a World restart.
If I would update MFR wich i won't till it gets released for 1.6 (Maybe i'll try it in Unleashed because i won't update my DW20 Pack)
I would create a big MFR farm with a specific form like:
Potato - Carrots - Seeds
Potato - Carrots - Seeds
Sugarcane-Sugarcane-Sugarcane
Or i could do a Farm for everything to bump efficency. But instead of working on a DW20 World, i should make my own Modpack to play with, wich would strongly focus on UE (Because its awesome).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
But @Noby07 It is not the end of the world for squid power. It is a vary cheap and easy booster you can add to any sort of bioractor system. So if you wanted you could do a potato - carrots - seeds + ink with vary little extra work.

Reactions: hotchi and PierceSG

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been busy working on upgrading my coke system using golems and the such I posted a prototype over in the Cactus to Coke thread. I've since been clearing out space and building the thing in my real base. It has been quite the task and I tried a few different things not all of them worked. One thing to note if you stack chests and hoppers in a stack the hopper is just semi block enough for a golem to try and walk through it but has a hit box big enough to stop them with out pushing them to one side. This can basically trap a golem and was something I had to scrap. The straw get stuck standing on top of the chest looking all for-longingly at the hopper and just stop farming. So I went back to using chests and transport pipes instead which the golems can path around just fine.

Here is a straw golem stuck unable to farm anything but the two cactus next to him

2013-08-30_04.50.47 by Saice, on Flickr

So I ended up using this system instead

2013-08-30_15.37.14 by Saice, on Flickr

I slightly derped on spacing gave each layer 1 more block then needed so ended up with only 9 layers @ 40 cactus each for 360 total in the system.

2013-08-30_16.06.45 by Saice, on Flickr

It all comes down to here... which i should change to a deep storage unit... really I should but there is a bug right now if I break any of those barrels with the golems out it will crash the server. So I'll just wait to do that some other day.

2013-08-30_16.37.29 by Saice, on Flickr

Man nothing beats the transport pipes for low volume systems. The same pipe is taking the coke to the crafter and the oil to the steal tank.

2013-08-30_16.36.47 by Saice, on Flickr