Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Still have not rebuilt the engines. Lost of work always slows me down.

But I did get around to making the MPS glove so I could add some sci-fi lights to the ship. And I made the cargo deck look like it actual has cargo. (starting to move stuff out of the hovel into here)

Upgrades by Saice, on Flickr

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
maybe instead of redstone lamps, use something blue for the engines.. methinks they'd look a lot better being blue :3
Considering true fire is blue (it's hot and doesn't lose effectiveness) and not orange, that'd be one hell of a ship - it'd be strong as heck.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Got back from my nephew's party, finished my mock engine. Hope you like it :)

From the outside. I used the MFR glass (I forget it's name now) of all the dif types of blue.
Cu8cpgZl.jpg

Inside the engine, I used glowstone illuminators coloured blue and light blue
Lask9N0l.jpg

Side on, for completeness' sake
aWif8Tsl.jpg

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
sorry if this has been asked before, but is the RR pack not available for download? sorry if this has been asked before again.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
sorry if this has been asked before, but is the RR pack not available for download? sorry if this has been asked before again.
Not available for public download, but check out the Google+ page for config downloads and mod lists

https://plus.google.com/communities/109856948017213754039

Also you can find the configs and stuff there also. So it is just a matter of downloading the mods in question and then downloading the premade confrig files.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Got back from my nephew's party, finished my mock engine. Hope you like it :)

From the outside. I used the MFR glass (I forget it's name now) of all the dif types of blue.

Inside the engine, I used glowstone illuminators coloured blue and light blue

Side on, for completeness' sake

Must be a settings thing. When I put glass in front of illumators I see only the glass.

Like so

2013-06-12_20.31.34 by Saice, on Flickr

One of the reasons I did not use them in the first build of the engines.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Must be a settings thing. When I put glass in front of illumators I see only the glass.

Like so

2013-06-12_20.31.34 by Saice, on Flickr

One of the reasons I did not use them in the first build of the engines.
It is like that for me also, same with water. I didn't realise until after I'd coloured them... but even so, it makes the engines glow. The image might not pass through but the light certainly does. Perhaps put blue/light blue/cyan warded stone behind the illuminators?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
It is like that for me also, same with water. I didn't realise until after I'd coloured them... but even so, it makes the engines glow. The image might not pass through but the light certainly does. Perhaps put blue/light blue/cyan warded stone behind the illuminators?

I am looking at using rednet logic to make them 'pulse' that would be an issue.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I was looking at that. To bad they don't work with ceramic dye.
yeah I tried that :( perhaps, now that he's seen xycrafts new 256 colour wheel lights, KL may be tempted to do something similar

[hint hint][/hint hint]

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Wow cleverly simple. I was looking at sqaure waves to make clocks and stuff. I was TOTALLY over looking something that simple.
I just wish there was a way to slow down the pulse, imo it would look better if it was a slower pulse (maybe to match the sound effects lol)[DOUBLEPOST=1371122743][/DOUBLEPOST]oh, forgot to mention, all the illuminators are set to proportional :)