Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
God dammit ... why I'm so ignored? I said smoke comes from normal fire , fire can't come reverted in wall to be in the same way , That's why its a main reason to read people posts..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Still need to get Deck two made... But I did finish engine two.

Here is a front on look at the mess.

2013-06-10_09.08.50 by Saice, on Flickr

Inside an engine

2013-06-10_09.14.15 by Saice, on Flickr

And the tail view

2013-06-10_09.16.01 by Saice, on Flickr[DOUBLEPOST=1370873173][/DOUBLEPOST]
God dammit ... why I'm so ignored? I said smoke comes from normal fire , fire can't come reverted in wall to be in the same way , That's why its a main reason to read people posts..

I don't think your getting ignored just misunderstood.

I'm fairly sure you mean for the smoke to come out of the back to make the engines look like they are smoking. And yeah that would be cool. just as you said it does not exist in minecraft right now.

Reactions: KirinDave

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
And what about the Cowboy Beshoop? Are you still going to do it?
And if you do, please get a sheep and call it "Zwei" (two in german - ein is one).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And what about the Cowboy Beshoop? Are you still going to do it?
And if you do, please get a sheep and call it "Zwei" (two in german - ein is one).

Never said I would do it.

I am now sure there will be room for a ship in a ship. But I will look into it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Man.... Well apprently there was an issue with Zeno's that forced a roll back... both engines are gone so I have to redo all that work.

Well that is beta for you.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well that stinks it was looking awesome. worse comes to worse a rollback means slight improvements :D

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well piss.... I'm trapped in a bugged out DimDoor Portal now. I log in... get kicked right back out with an error.

Looks like the Shoop is going to do Jack all today.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been thinking about power... and since I have to rebuild the engines I might as well look into things while I got my issue with not being able to log in... So after some reading and then a lot of dicking around in creative I got a vary simple plan for a fusion reactor. Not really sure how well it will work but it is power positive so that is a plus. And once built it will just need water and cell which sadly you do not get back. So that will eat my tin slowly. Though I do plan on getting thuamcraft done at some point which means all metals could get turned into tin if needed so it might not be a bad deal.

So here the prototype as it stands please no laughing at my lack of skill UE and Atomic Sci are new mods to me.

The Fuel making part. Water, Power, and Cells. when it is done it drops then in the enderchest of course I might not use a chest for this in world this was just to make stuff easier for testing.

Powa? maybe? by Saice, on Flickr

Not 100% sure on size and stuff playing with different ideas since it seems you can interchange the Glass and Coil blocks. With the coils being needed for heat production. I was thinking making the upper glass coils instead giving a 3 wide area of water giving you even more places for turbines. I still have to test that. I just was happy I got this damn thing to work as it stands.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I think I understand this whole boiling water thing. and while this is going to look really weird messed up... and im not sure if it is a bug or not but it seems you can stack turbines with the 2nd one getting giving a smaller boost to power... sub... yeah this is going to be strange while I figure this out.[DOUBLEPOST=1370926471][/DOUBLEPOST]ok I might be smoking crack on the whole 2nd layer thing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Blargh.... trying to maximize water to plasma surface areas. Just when you think you got it. something does not react the why you think you know.

But I think the key here is not trying to get big trubines... but instead getting just as many as posable... and That I think I have a plan.

EDIT: What the hell did it just boil away a water block? sigh.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
oh god... I should just be quite until I figure this out... I'm sure ApSciMorgs and And EternalDensity are going to laugh at my failed attempts at science.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok ok... I think 72 is the most turbines you can get on one reactor.

So here is the mess I got. Much googling and stuff later I am fairly sure this is it. And yeah ignore all those failures in the background we don't want to talk about those. Did you know the reactor can only take 120volts or it will blow up? yeah neither did I until I blew one up.

Ok getting maximum turbines on top means only having one place to put in both cells and power... So I ended up playing with the transfer cable things and it seems to work well. I make a power buffer on the right there and an output. So power coming off the reactor helps keep it self running.

MOAR POWA by Saice, on Flickr

running just a short while and its already kicking out the power.

Here is the mess.

Now I'm sure the local Atomic Sci folks will laugh at this mess of wires and turbines but its the best I could get working. So I think this will be my power plant. Just going to take a lot of mining to get all the stuff for this.

Reactions: KirinDave

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
That's a very nice abomination you have there... it'd be a shame if I had to put it down 'cause it's so horrific.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
So that will eat my tin slowly. Though I do plan on getting thaumcraft done at some point which means all metals could get turned into tin if needed so it might not be a bad deal.
Remember, remember the AM frabricander... *wink* ;)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I got that whole Fabricator covered. Swing by anytime I am online and I can get you instructed in no time flat. It's much easier, than it looks. Really. =)
Also, I want to have an invite once your exhausts/thrusters are set up again. I want to have a closer look.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I got that whole Fabricator covered. Swing by anytime I am online and I can get you instructed in no time flat. It's much easier, than it looks. Really. =)
Also, I want to have an invite once your exhausts/thrusters are set up again. I want to have a closer look.

If I run into trouble sure. But I do like to try and take a stab at it my self frist. Half the fun of modded MC (at least to me) is figuring it out.

Reactions: Freakscar