Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
wow, looking really nice. but are those gold blocks you're using? :eek:

Those are Fantasy blocks from Chisel. You make them with 8 smooth stone around a gold nugget and chisel has a few options with white and gold.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
We did a whole mess of stuff before dinner today.

Made some nice lighting and built the library floor.

Went and got some Essence so I could get started on Ars Magica.

And the most time consuming/dangerous part.... Getting to the deeper dark and setting up a safe place on the surface.

it will work just like this

But we wanted to to LOOK like a portal to the deeper darkness of the world.

Getting down and setting up a safe stop was... um... problematic. But I did get one setup.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
haha, I didn't know it was the fantasy block from Chisel. I'm using a texturepack right now so the textures are different from the default.
but I wouldn't have been surprised if it actually were all gold blocks :p

but the deep dark has really become dangerous in the last few versions. mobs ignore light level when spawning, they spawn more often the lower y level you go, and be careful with AM2 mobs, for some reason in my deep dark it's roaming with nature guardians, who I by the way never summoned, they just appeared out of nowhere :eek:

I do suggest using a magnum torch at the portal though, to keep the mobs away

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
So I went to the nether died and lost everything. So it was back to the mines for a bit to rearm and resupply.

But then it was back to the nether..... and um... Bees?

Careful leaving these they bees will swarm you.

Any more info on these bees? I've been looking at the BoP forums/wiki and didn't find any info lol.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
and be careful with AM2 mobs, for some reason in my deep dark it's roaming with nature guardians, who I by the way never summoned, they just appeared out of nowhere :eek:
Ars2 mobs are a pain in the butt to me. They ignore all spawn rules.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Any more info on these bees? I've been looking at the BoP forums/wiki and didn't find any info lol.

Saddly no. And right now they don't seem to have any fuction. The hive is made up on comb blocks which when broken give you 1-4 empty combs (4 in a square give you the block) randomly you will find a Filled comb (and there are filled comb blocks) inside there is a layer of Honey blocks which are soid and transpint. Under that is honey liquid (which gives a slow effect). The whole things outside is hive blocks. None of these have any uses listed in NEI and I also could not find any info on line. I belive it is a WiP thing. At least there are some nice looknig blocks. And man them bees. The longer you in there the more spawn and when you leave they all swarm you. It was a crazy fight. I do really like the bee's model just as an aside.

I do suggest using a magnum torch at the portal though, to keep the mobs away

Light seems to at least slow the spawn rate down. And I did slab the the base camp when I noticed a few spawns inside it. I do think I will end up using at least a chandeler for the base camp. I like the risk the deeper dark and I don't want to gimp it to much.

Reactions: dwappo

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Casual zombie neighbour.

I wanted to comment on this. I have villagers burryed under the ground near there so zombies collect in that area. I'm going to be using them to populate the vilage once I get more buildings up and running. I plan on doing a set of homes on the hill behind the smith and warehouse that I will move them too. I'm explaimenting with something that is safe and works for the villagers but also looks good. Sad to find out carpenters doors are not villager compatable.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to comment on this. I have villagers burryed under the ground near there so zombies collect in that area. I'm going to be using them to populate the vilage once I get more buildings up and running. I plan on doing a set of homes on the hill behind the smith and warehouse that I will move them too. I'm explaimenting with something that is safe and works for the villagers but also looks good. Sad to find out carpenters doors are not villager compatable.

if you need to easily transport the villagers, the golden lasso from Extra Utilities work on them

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Portals man portals.

haha, or gravity gun. but I forgot about those because I didn't have them installed yet when I was moving villagers myself.
though the plus point of the golden lasso is that you can carry more then 1 villager and know for sure the villager doesn't die because of a portal glitch.
plus you can store your villagers in chests instead of in a deep dark hole :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
While I worked for a long while I only got a little done thanks to Ars having some really ... well lets just say the book is not the best at explaining things. I spent a lot of time just trying to figure stuff out. And yes I know there is a wiki but if a mod has in-game info the whole idea there is to make it so I dont have to go look up a wiki to figure out your mod. TC does it really well, TiCo does it really well, but Ars not so much. But I figured it out and got some stuff done.

Nexus check

Some spells and book and some leveling up check

also did some other random side stuff.

Added melons to my island

THEY KNOW

Poor TJaden I found your grave and looted all 1 block of coblot form it.

Added MOAR lights to the deep dark and made a clear zone around my base camp

Found out where all the babes were hiding.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
But I like them in deep dark holes

haha, you sure love scaring your villagers :p
btw, don't kill the dryads in the deep dark, I think those were the cause for the nature guardians to start spawning, and trust me, you don't want one of those chasing you around.

but I agree with Ars Magica, the book... well, it sucks. you craft it and immediatly get drowned in a flood of information, even about things that would still be days before you can even do those things. that's what I like about Thaumcraft, it gives you the information bit by bit in a specific order, helpful for if you don't know much about the mod yet

but the mod Torched would be quite helpful for the deep dark, just spam some torch-rockets around and the whole dimension is lighted up :p