ShneekeyCraft Playthrough

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry:

Well, while this base may be a bit temporary, but the nether portal isn't. And getting up and down is going to happen fairly regularly. So, I tried to set up a simple rail system. Unfortunately, I ran into a kind of a hitch. Elevator Rails pull up when powered and push down when un-powered. And it has to be powered up at the top. Now, I could set up a PRC and rednet cable to deal with this problem, but my diamonds are reserved for another project. So for now, I'm going to do a bit of blunt-force-engineering. Two rails. One powered, one not powered.

I also don't want to have to set up a coke oven to make creosote oil, so I'll use Reinforced Rails. It's not like I don't have tons of obsidian anyways. The rebar for the railbeds was a bit of a rude awakening, but at least I've got the iron. Besides, reinforced rails move faster.

Now, going up the incline to the elevator rails is fairly simple, that's just reinforced booster rails. And on the flat, that's just regular reinforced rails. But if I am going to be routing some rails, and two sets of elevator tracks, then I'm going to need a way to make sure the rails go to the right place.

I'm more than a bit embarassed at how long it took me to figure it out, but there's a Reinforced Wye Track which does exactly what I want it to do. I also set up some Boarding Tracks at either end, and even set up a very basic on and offloading station at my current temporary base. I had found some Creosote Oil in the chest minecarts in that abandoned mine to make the boarding tracks with. That place still gives me the creeps.

0jSIOiy.png

QYMR34t.png

pb5ryXr.png

I'm still working on replacing all the cobble with brick, but at least the project is coming along nicely. However, I've got a kind of a problem...

It's power. All I've got are those four heat generators, and it just isn't cutting it anymore. So now it's time to kick it up a notch. Actually, several notches.

There's a device known as an Ocean Generator. While normally useless, it is ironically and ideally suited for my current situation, since it generates power based on a large volume of water. It isn't cheap, though. It's going to pretty much run through all of my diamonds, and it's also going to chew through most of my copper. I did a bit of mining at a higher level and came back with a half stack. All that is probably going to be used in this project.

It requires three Elite Circuits. Each one of those requires two Advanced Circuits. Each of those requires a diamond and two Basic Circuits. Each of those requires four wire and a bronze plate. So yea, all that copper? Gone. Fortunately, my Copper Oreberry Bushes have been producing a bit of copper for me. Not much, but it's something.

Then I realize that copper wiring probably isn't going to cut it here. So I looked into higher quality wires. Since I didn't want to make a Wire Mill for Superconductors (the electrum wasn't a problem, but nearly a stack of copper in parts was), I went with Silver. And I also decided that I didn't want to spend that much time at my spider nest to get all the wool, so I made an Insulation Refiner. Now I can take all that unappealing rotten flesh and turn them into insulation! Reduce, reuse, recycle, reanimate?

vKJsCa0.png

The wire goes straight down to my Power Cube, which I upgraded to Advanced to be able to handle the current. Since the output is Red Energy Conduit anyways, it's not going to over-amp anything.

Reactions: fergcraft

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
[I may have screwed up when updating...

2013-06-25 19:55:36 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The ForgeModLoader state engine has become corrupted. Probably, a state was missed by and invalid modification to a base classForgeModLoader depends on. This is a critical error and not recoverable. Investigate any modifications to base classes outside ofForgeModLoader, especially Optifine, to see if there are fixes available.
2013-06-25 19:55:36 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Server thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: The ForgeModLoader state engine is invalid
2013-06-25 19:55:36 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:134)
2013-06-25 19:55:36 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStopped(Loader.java:800)
2013-06-25 19:55:36 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStopped(FMLCommonHandler.java:468)
2013-06-25 19:55:36 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:531)
2013-06-25 19:55:36 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

I don't have Optifine or any other .jar mods installed.

This only happens when I try to open my world. Until I figure out what I borked and fix it, I won't be able to post... damnit]

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Can you upload a full log of the crash, or at least the surrounding few dozen lines? There's a lot of ways FML can be corrupted, ranging from PermGen memory leaks to class-not-found issues. Current version of the modpack has some weird memory consumption rates, so it might be worth trying to increase the Java memory space and even use -XX:MaxPermSize=125M as an argument.

((As an aside, may I ask how you choose to deal with the dependency on BasicComponents? I can't really figure out if it's actually depreciated, or if ElectricExpansion and Mekanism are still reliant on it -- either I end up with uncraftable Battery Boxes or weird issues using batteries in crafting recipes that NEI does list.))

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Looks like it is the latest version of NEI, I think...

Code:
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDOUT] Loading NEI
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.item.Item.getDamage(Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;)I
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at codechicken.core.inventory.InventoryUtils.actualDamage(InventoryUtils.java:310)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at codechicken.core.inventory.ItemKey.hashCode(ItemKey.java:45)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.util.HashMap.hash(HashMap.java:351)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:471)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at codechicken.nei.NEIServerConfig.loadBannedBlocks(NEIServerConfig.java:226)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at codechicken.nei.NEIServerConfig.load(NEIServerConfig.java:51)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at codechicken.nei.ServerHandler.tickStart(ServerHandler.java:44)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickStart(SingleIntervalHandler.java:28)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:122)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onWorldLoadTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:303)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:436)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [INFO] [STDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception NoSuchMethodError
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.item.Item.getDamage(Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;)I
    at codechicken.core.inventory.InventoryUtils.actualDamage(InventoryUtils.java:310)
    at codechicken.core.inventory.ItemKey.hashCode(ItemKey.java:45)
    at java.util.HashMap.hash(HashMap.java:351)
    at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:471)
    at codechicken.nei.NEIServerConfig.loadBannedBlocks(NEIServerConfig.java:226)
    at codechicken.nei.NEIServerConfig.load(NEIServerConfig.java:51)
    at codechicken.nei.ServerHandler.tickStart(ServerHandler.java:44)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickStart(SingleIntervalHandler.java:28)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:122)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onWorldLoadTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:303)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:436)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
2013-06-26 08:12:59 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] This crash report has been saved to: /home/shneekey/Desktop/Games/MultiMC/instances/UE Test/minecraft/crash-reports/crash-2013-06-26_08.12.59-server.txt

Parts of UE Basic Components have been incorporated into Mekanism and Electric Expansion. Use the latest version, and don't include BC

EDIT: Aha! Latest version of NEI apparently required a later version of Forge, but didn't tell me until I tried to load my instance. I'd have preferred and error trap during startup, but I think I've got it working now.

Reactions: Saice

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry:

Did some remodeling. Made myself a smelting factory for bulk production of stone bricks. Not too shabby. Also re-did the waypoint for this base, due to the old one now being in a wall.

gVJPuyR.png

Did some work up on the surface. It's a start anyways.

IqioZH8.png

Better than Cobblestone, anyways.

I am a bit worried, these guys keep showing up now...

NXXx3VO.png
I don't know what they are up to, but I don't much like it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry:

Right now, one of my major problems is a lack of a decent ranged weapon. I do not consider a 'bow' to be decent. So, taking in my meager copper and silver reserves, I craft myself a multi-functional power tool. I install a sawblade launcher, which should help considerablly in this regard. I also included a Leaf Blower, a Lux Capacitor, a retractable shovel, and an in-place assembler.

I also upgraded my battery in my helm from Advanced to Elite. Used the MV Capacitor I salvaged from the old battery to make the sawblade launcher.

I wish I could craft a Knapsack, but I don't have the leather. There is a way to produce leather with rotten flesh, but it requires sugar, and I don't have any sugarcane with me. The other option is going to be farming a bunch of imps in the nether, which has its problems.

I'm going to need quite a few blaze rods for the next phase of my project. To this end, I'm going to need to find a Nether Fortress. So, I mark my base with a Waypoint, and begin exploring the nether.

Nitro Creepers started coming out of the woodwork. My saw blade launcher is quite effective against them. However, I have a bit of a problem now... you see, one of the nitro creepers blew up, and hurt one of Wilbur's friends... now they all don't much care for me.

Now I have a problem. I don't want to hurt them, but they just won't listen to me...

Why won't they listen to me?

I've come to a hard, hard choice. Do I lose everything I had and give them their space, or do I go in swinging?

Time to get out my box of scraps... if they are truly so unforgiving... I'll give them something to be unforgiving about!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry.

I grabbed the battlesign I made for Wilbur. It caused a couple of tears, how they betrayed me. But it's enough. Payback time.

[Sorry, can't get a picture of this fight, my screen capture program sucks at action shots]

Managed to flank around and get my stuff. Didn't get everything, but I got the important things. Couldn't find the leggings, or some other stuff. Then ran for my life. I can't fight them, not like this. I need some protection.

Applied some Nether Quartz to my sword. It's now a lot sharper. Should cut up a few piggies.

I don't have the diamonds for the advanced plating, and basic plating weighs too much, so it's time to go with some energy shielding. It won't be cheap, of course, a full stack of iron went into the minium stone for enderpearls for the unattuned tesseract necessary for the Force Field Emitter. Plus all my copper and silver into wiring.

It's also time to make this suit... impressive. Not a big fan of mustang red, though. Let's go Blue with green for the plating. Hmmm... include some piping here for the rebreather, let's leave those gunmetal grey, and here we go!

cuVGyni.png
Now it's time to take back the Nether!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Poor pigmen.... what they ever do to you?
They ruthlessly attacked me when a nitro creeper exploded on one of them, and blamed ME for it! I tried to explain, I begged them to listen, but they were in no listening mood and killed me ruthlessly, over and over again.

FUS RO DAH!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry:

Having dealt with the Wilbur Infestation, I went on to explore the Nether. Quite a surreallisticaly beautiful place. Glowing mushrooms the size of a house, trees growing on the roofs of caves...

I deal with the RapidlyExplodinators and Floaty-Fireball-Launcher-Thingies with my buzz-saw-blade launcher. Then I see a nether fortress in the distance, over a lava lake. Well, no matter, I've got plenty of cobble. So I start bridging across...

Half way across, I hear that noise... the one that says 'hurt me' in some creepy child's voice. Then I hear the launch of a fireball. I'm on a one block wide ledge, with nowhere to go but down. Then I get hit.

ZttF6nU.png

All those force-field emitters I just made? All those everythings I just made?

I think I'm going to go grab that battlesign and beat up some Wilburs for stress relief...

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry: Approximately one half of a solar rotation After Event, based on solar location in respect to GPS's definition of cardinal directions, and the variance between the two since arriving. It's amazing what you can calculate with a stick and a shadow if you know the equations....

Sitting here in my base, my battlesign coated in... well, things not for the squeamish to dwell upon... I realize how much I have changed since arriving.

When I first arrived, I only thought I was fairly survival-savvy. Considering my technological background, perhaps it is not surprising. And, I will grant that compared to my colleagues, I would have easily been the most survival-savvy of all of them. But as I sit here, I realize just how I've grown since landing on this godforsaken clusterfuck.

The 'me' that appeared in that frozen wasteland would've lasted about ten seconds with those Wilburs without significant technological support. I handily beat them into submission with naught but a battlesign forged of steel with a slime-ceramic handle.

The 'me' that arrived here would've considered losing all those resources and tools I had on me to be crippling. I just consider it a temporary setback.

I'm staggered by this revelation. And I also see how much I have... well... regressed. As I look over my journal entries, I see that I had slowly become more... primal? Savage? Something like that, anyways. I suppose such a regression was a part of survival. However, going too far in that direction is also... not very smart. As I sit here on these steps, looking at my battlesign... the impact of what I just did hits me harder than Wilbur's golden sword. I've become, or at least are becoming, like them. When did violent murder become a method of stress relief for me? That's... not what I choose to be.

I can strike a balance here, between primal and technological. I can acknowledge my primal side, even as I reign it in. I suppose I should consider myself blessed, few these days ever even see their primal side, much less come to terms with it.

I don't have the resources I need here to truly thrive. That forcefield emitter setup took every last ounce of copper and silver I had, and those copper oreberry bushes just aren't producing it fast enough.

It is time to go. Go back to that frozen wasteland, and find something more temperate. Go back to where I appeared at. Explore more in other cardinal directions from that frozen continent, find other more hospitable land masses.

I can load most of this stuff up into my ME Network. I may need to create a couple of 1k disks to store it all, but that's fairly trivial to do at this point. But there is little holding me here, and this has always been more of a temporary base for me anyways.

I now have enough Imp Hide to make enough Leather to make a Knapsack. I've also got enough string to make enough wool to make a couple of backpacks. That should give me enough carrying capacity to transport all my holdings. Strip this place down to the stone bricks. I suppose I'll leave those, leaving my mark on this place. I'll leave the track as well. Just in case I should ever return. But everything else comes with me.

I'll set up a self-sustaining power supply in the Nether Base for lava production before I go. Shouldn't be too hard, liquiduct running from pump past a magmatic engine to the tesseract, the engine powering a Redstone Energy Cell next to the pump to keep it going. I'll have the other Liquid Tesseract with me, so I should be able to access it anywhere I go. That will help me set up my heat generators at my new location, as well as set up my obsidian factory again.

I lost sight of my mission after a while... lost it in the need for day to day survival. But now I'm back on track. I need to know what caused the Event, why I ended up here, where 'here' is, who fucked with my project, and why.

It's time I stopped surviving, and started living again.

Reactions: Anubis

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
[Mekanism seems to have permacrashed me. In effect, it doesn't like it when I place the energy conduit. Then when I tried updating Mekanism, build 90 and 91 wouldn't even load properly due to something with how they are registering gases. This with Forge 738, which is the latest stable version. Therefore, my world is effectively dead unless I can fix this.

For those wondering why Mekanism never got included into ShneekeyCraft? This right here.]

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
[Many thanks to KirinDave for helping me fix my instance. Apparently Mekanism builds after 86 tend to be... unstable. Downgraded and working]

Journal Entry: The day after last entry

Ultimately decided on using Heat Generators rather than a Magmatic Engine. Less hassle to make over Invar, and it is guaranteed to never run out.

yzr3P8y.png

Packed up almost all my belongings, everything I could possibly care for. Made a Knapsack, then Miner, Digger, and Forester Backpack. Couple of extra 1k cells, I can always turn them into another 4k module when I get to the other side, if necessary. Put all the final items into my Knapsack. Looks a lot emptier now...

NQTHBa8.png

Make a new crafting table, then make a boat, then shove off! I wave farewell to Base Alpha...

t06sSCf.png

Frozen Tundra or BUST!

Reactions: RedBoss

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry:

Well, made it;

yCQdgiT.png

This time, I start heading around in an easterly direction. That's when I found it...

KddhLv8.png

All this time, if I had gone east instead of north... I could cry... In fact... pardon me a moment...

Journal Entry:

Ahem, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I continued on my journey. Jungle eventually became plains, then I saw this:

Liyd42Q.png

Yea... I think 'wow' pretty much sums it up here. I've definitely found my new base site.

Journal Entry:

A couple of explodinators gave me an introduction, now I have civilization holes to repair. This... this must be home.

qCKWqrz.png

So yea... time to make a base. Later.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry.

Found something during a quick reconnoiter...

The question is... civilization, or another of this place's trolls? Well, time to find out...

4rDJzLQ.png

I inadvertently caused something of a stir upon arrival. I apparently look like the local's religious icon, but not a friendly one, called 'the one who must not be named'. Fortunately, my universal translator was up to the task of interpreting their language, and I calmed them down. This devil-being whom I apparently resemble is your average 'if bad things happen, he's responsible for it'. I suppose it is their version of Murphy.

They had some interesting names for the creatures that I have encountered. The explodinator thingies they call 'creepers'. Considering how they creep up on you unawares then blow you up, I found the name exceedingly fitting. When I described the tall thin dark things, it started another round of... concern.

They call them 'Endermen', and are, according to them, from another dimension, and are somehow in kahoots with their devil-figure.

Now then, it became readily apparent that their town has fallen into... disrepair.

hnU2hhy.png

Now, I may not be a Civil Engineer, but I know enough to hum the tune. and it is clear that their problem is erosion which undermined some of the foundations. I told them I could repair it fairly easily. In exchange, they traded me some food and some armor which they apparently had no use for. Iron helm and legs, steel chest. While it felt odd to put it on, it was a heck of a lot better than nothing until I can get enough copper and silver to rebuild my power suit.

Well, after their generosity, I'm not just going to do things halfway. After all, I can build redstone lamps into the roads, maybe even hook it up to a light sensor so they all turn on at night. Yea... that's the ticket. It's the absolute least I could do for them. Next, I'll see if I can broach the topic of sewers and sanitation. Maybe even wired lights for their houses! They're the first people I've ever seen, I'll be damned if they don't have at least a few modern conveniences.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
I've done that myself on occasion - upgrading Testificate Villages - but I've often seen their annoying habit of being just where you need to be as a sign they're not really keen on technology. Perhaps they were the ones that left the Mineshafts and Strongholds, and what happened (Finding the End and Endermen) terrified them so much they decided to go back to a simple, rustic and uncomplicated life, not wanting anything to do with such things.
That's just me though. Maybe your villagers will be more appreciative.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry: A few days later.

You know, I never realized how good it would feel to get back in the groove with something as simple yet as work-intensive as landscaping. Of course, I had to build myself a bit of infrastructure first. Dug down into the root system, then a room off of that, so I was well away from anything flammable .

I2C0vaS.png

Yea, nothing too fancy yet, I'm more interested in this village project. You'll notice those engines... what you are seeing are four heat generators behind four electrolytic converters behind four hydrogen generators. There's an Aqueous Accumulator underneath the middle there, with liquiducts (made with the very last two copper in my system) underneath feeding them. The heat generators are my jump-start system, in the event of total power drainage. You will also note the Basic Energy Cube dedicated to that line to keep the converters fully powered during normal operating procedures. The cube closer to the processing facility is an Advanced Energy Cube, hooked up to Redstone Energy Conduit, which feeds the rest of the system.

You will also notice the redstone energy cell on the end? I'm using that to manually do a bit of harvesting of rubber, I need some plastic sheets for the roads I plan on building.

Journal Entry: A half-hour later

Umm... slight miscalculation on the placement of the Harvester while hooked up to the energy cube....

onn48Vz.png

I'll probably get around to repairing that in a bit. But the important thing is... I have road and road lights. Now to upgrade the living conditions of the Testificates!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Journal Entry:

Now that I have been working with the Testificates for several days in order to do some repairs and landscaping, I can definitively say that they are... special. Differently abled. Ummm... mentally... ummm... oh hell, they're cute, adorable, derpy things. They've got all the candlepower of an Intern. They wander right into the middle of the area I'm working on, then give me these sheep-eyes. They get stuck in one meter cube holes, while able to somehow clamber over one meter tall ridges just to jump in my way.

They are so superstitious that it has to be seen to be believed.They are now claiming that I've made the night shorter somehow, and that I'm some messiah-figure called Steve. I do a bit of work, and they vote me as their deity figure? Well, at long as they don't decide that I end up on the banquet main course afterwords, I don't mind. They're certainly cute when they get all superstitious like that.

Meet... the Derps. Or, more scientifically, Derpus Sapians.

But there's a problem...

I was laying some ground at night, after they've gone to bed, when I realized it... those zombies really have it in for the villagers. I mean REALLY have it in. I'm standing not three meters away, and the zombie is intent on bashing down the the door. Needless to say, I grab my Wilbur Basher and proceed to bashing zombies. Let's do the math here... three zombies bashing on the door. I hit one, that ONE looks at me, the other two keep trying to bash down the door. I had to hit all three of them to get them to come after me instead of finishing off the poor door, with half the village cowering inside.

This is not to be borne.

Proceed to one exhausting evening of zombie-bashing, and in the morning, the Derps are all but worshiping me. Apparently, zombie bites have been known to be contagious among them, which can start a whole chain reaction of infection. Not on my watch! Fine, time to build them a fence.

Journal Entry:

Well, fence is done, no thanks to the Derps constantly getting in my way. Roads too.

XnppzwK.png

As you can see, it's even pig-proof!

yJKjquC.png

Now, it's probably not spider-proof, unfortunately. However, the spiders seem to leave the Derps alone. It's the zombies that are the primary threat, with Creepers a close second. This'll keep 'em both out.

The Derps may be mentally... challenged... but they are certainly a sociable sort

yFgjQx1.png

Here's one of the main drags. You notice how high the well is? Well, I... umm... it's for their own safety. They kept falling in. So I just lowered the level around it to keep them from climbing in.Adorable, but... well, I think even Interns are more intelligent.

i0UlxGx.png