Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As per my policy of pointless progress updates, last night I got my AE controller. I think it took more than 6 hours to get the iridium ore, with 18 recyclers, two mass fabricators (4k eu/t each) and an overclocked replicator. Hard to gauge exactly how much because I incremented the overclocking of various pieces over time as my water-distillation thing pictured last did its thing.
2016-02-07_00.04.25.png

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Congratz!
I myself managed to automize Gourmaryllis (4) with some redstone a timer and a BC Gate to detect if the Mana Pools are full or not. (Lets see if this afternoon I put a Photo in here... Nothing to sepecial though)
Now I´m farming the 75 Vis in my Wand to get the living Wood Wand done.
From there on I should definitly start with IC2 Reactors because I´m almost certain that I will run into huge problems waiting on the Iridium and stuff that I get from it. I should have started weeks ago with it.

Also I switched my Treefarm. I had a little SteveCarts faram that worked well but for the sake of space and automizion I now switched to a Gold Upgrade Harvester+Planter with half rubber half spruce wood.
This is as always way to op. I started 1 36 HP Boiler for the moment but getting enough for 4 or 5 of them probbably. Railcraft steam Ovens also are a nice way to get charchoal. (Noice muffler requeired)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Congratz!
I myself managed to automize Gourmaryllis (4) with some redstone a timer and a BC Gate to detect if the Mana Pools are full or not. (Lets see if this afternoon I put a Photo in here... Nothing to sepecial though)
Now I´m farming the 75 Vis in my Wand to get the living Wood Wand done.
From there on I should definitly start with IC2 Reactors because I´m almost certain that I will run into huge problems waiting on the Iridium and stuff that I get from it. I should have started weeks ago with it.

Also I switched my Treefarm. I had a little SteveCarts faram that worked well but for the sake of space and automizion I now switched to a Gold Upgrade Harvester+Planter with half rubber half spruce wood.
This is as always way to op. I started 1 36 HP Boiler for the moment but getting enough for 4 or 5 of them probbably. Railcraft steam Ovens also are a nice way to get charchoal. (Noice muffler requeired)
Maybe consider sending some of that extra wood to a recycler. At some point you're going to need an absolutely mental amount of scrap to get your iridium. I'm probably talking millions. The sooner you start the less you'll hate yourself.

Invest in deep storage units or something.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've fired up Thaumic Energistics and attached my infusion provider. Works great, I love that mod.

This is the second time I've used it, but I can't seem to remember: how do I ensure excess essentias get voided instead of clogging up my system?

I know I can use the essentia cell workbench to format the cells and ensure they dont all get clogged up with terra, but how do I route that excess terra into the void? My memory is failing hard here.

I'm guessing I had some sort of low-priority void jar that would accept it. Somehow. Maybe I could use oblivion jars for this. Hmm.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone have tips for how to defeat a chaos guardian?

I'm wearing a full suit of draconic armor, enchanted with protection IV in case it matters (one reddit thread suggests it might)

I have runic baubles (rings, amulet, belt)

I have a full flux capacitor since I read that draconic armor drains when damaged.

He still kills me in a couple shots.

edit: the trick is to not be an idiot. I was wearing a wyvern piece instead of draconic.

With full draconic, you just need to bring a few flux capacitors with you. You can't die in full draconic so long as your capacitors have charge. Teleport back home to recharge as needed.

Last edited:

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

I'm wearing a full suit of draconic armor, enchanted with protection IV in case it matters (one reddit thread suggests it might)

I have a full flux capacitor since I read that draconic armor drains when damaged.

edit: the trick is to not be an idiot. I was wearing a wyvern piece instead of draconic.

With full draconic, you just need to bring a few flux capacitors with you. You can't die in full draconic so long as your capacitors have charge. Teleport back home to recharge as needed.
Keep a creative capacitor on you and you shouldn't have too many problems

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Just a thought, but do the Draconic Grinders work on Dragons? I know the Wither dies to it, but I've never tried to kite a dragon into range before.

As for the Capacitors, just have two or three. One on your hotbar, one charged in your EnderPouch, and one charging at home. Use filters on the EnderChest to pull empty ones to charging stations (EnderIO Capacitor Banks, for instance), then pull charged ones back to the EnderChest. If the RandomThings Player Interface was still a thing, you could skip the bag altogether.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just a thought, but do the Draconic Grinders work on Dragons? I know the Wither dies to it, but I've never tried to kite a dragon into range before.

As for the Capacitors, just have two or three. One on your hotbar, one charged in your EnderPouch, and one charging at home. Use filters on the EnderChest to pull empty ones to charging stations (EnderIO Capacitor Banks, for instance), then pull charged ones back to the EnderChest. If the RandomThings Player Interface was still a thing, you could skip the bag altogether.
I've wondered about the grinder thing myself. I gotta think since they're both from the same mod, he almost certainly squashed that.

I ended up killing two of the chaos dragons, didn't get any hearts sadly. Did get the shards.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
From a look at the code there is nothing mob specific, and it does 50k damage so the dragon will go poof. The dragon would have the issue of keeping it still though, since it does destroy blocks it contacts.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Did how I was told, and setup my IC2 Reactores finally. Still have to craft all this fuel rods but rest is crafted. Lucky I had LP autocrafting setup already, this would had been suicide otherwise.
Setup I use is this: http://prntscr.com/84931z (got it from somewere around this forum weeks ago)
SpL0HCy.jpg

On the left its the massfabricator and replicator for the plutonium as soon as I got my first.
On the right there are 4 Recylcers feed by hidden LP Supplier Pipes with wood. (have to do more of them) under the ground there are some itemducts that move the "scrap" over to the UU-Matter Fabricator.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
OK, small update since I thoguht I will be offline inbetween weekends I should automate IC2 Nuklear Reactors.
Quarry is running and bringing Uranium and the rest is standard IC2 mashines +some stupid looking cabeling but should work.
Still I´m waiting to the first Reactor to give me Depleted Rods to see if it suck it out correctly... Also I have to change the piping from the Thermal Centrifuge to the autocrafting since I get so much uranium it will be blocked soon and no space left for the tiny uraniums :( Makes it more silly looking but ok not hard to do.
fymDhkd.jpg

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 7 Draconic Energy Ball finally full, 2.14T RF stored. Took about one month to fill it using my two max-size Big Reactor turbines, burning up something like 30K-40K Yellorium ingots in the process.

On the negative side, I barely played the entire month, a bit of burnout from putting in so many hour on the tech side, along with a bit of frustration at having to suddenly do all four of the magic mods simultaneously in order to finish up the Draconic Evolution mod items. Perhaps the time off will help me get back to work and finish up. There's still all those creative items to make...

Reactions: Dentvar

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tier 7 Draconic Energy Ball finally full, 2.14T RF stored. Took about one month to fill it using my two max-size Big Reactor turbines, burning up something like 30K-40K Yellorium ingots in the process.

On the negative side, I barely played the entire month, a bit of burnout from putting in so many hour on the tech side, along with a bit of frustration at having to suddenly do all four of the magic mods simultaneously in order to finish up the Draconic Evolution mod items. Perhaps the time off will help me get back to work and finish up. There's still all those creative items to make...
I just built a Tier...5 I think. 50 billion?

Is there any way for me to measure the fullness? RFtools has a block for it but it seems to cap out at 2billion or some such.

edit: it appears the problem is the energy pylons, they cap out at 2.14 billion instead of the capacity of the energy storage block itself as far as I can tell. weird.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can anyone tell me why the Pylons and the Energy Core report two different maximum RF values?

I thought maybe it was just a WAILA data type fail, but the RFTools RF Monitor also thinks there's only 2.14 billion RF instead of 50 billion.

B.jpg A.jpg

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
My progress for the Weekend:
- learning coding for Botania Altar Automization
- Blood Magic Altar automized. (well of suffering + cursedEarth)
- Botania Area setup correctly with Elven portal and sparks so I got a ManaBattery now.
- Extended my LogisticsPipe network with a ExtentionPipe(cant remember the name) and Nether Chests
- harvestGolems+HopperHock for Flowers that do not requeire a massive production.
- Redesigning a bit the base

Next thing to do:
- MFR Laser for more uranium (moving quarry is to much work(I´m lazzy))
- 35 Plutonium missing for BigReactor (7x7) This thenn will power the MFR Laser so I get more plutonium.

Question:
I got now a always full Blood Network thanks to my orb inside the altar.
Now I thinking about automizing the production of slates. But first problem that comes into my head is that I can´t craft when the Orb is inside the Altar.
but if the Orb is not inside the Altar I will run out of LP somewhen. ( I could get it out before crafting and then reinserting it... There is more then enough Blood inside the network to not running our for some crafts)
But isn´t there a other way?
Also: If I extract Blood with pipes, will only the blood be extracted once the Orb is full or will it first extract then fill the orb?

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
I got now a always full Blood Network thanks to my orb inside the altar.
Now I thinking about automizing the production of slates. But first problem that comes into my head is that I can´t craft when the Orb is inside the Altar.
but if the Orb is not inside the Altar I will run out of LP somewhen. ( I could get it out before crafting and then reinserting it... There is more then enough Blood inside the network to not running our for some crafts)
But isn´t there a other way?
Also: If I extract Blood with pipes, will only the blood be extracted once the Orb is full or will it first extract then fill the orb?

What's often done is to use two or three altar setups, one for blood generation/crafting, one for re-filling the orb and with three altars you separate blood generation and crafting.

This is what I usually do for a three altar T5 setup. I don't suggest going much beyond 55 superiority capacity runes with a T6 altar, since being able to store 2147483647 LP sounds good in theory even filling the hidden internal tank requires 10% of that. I gave up trying before the crafting altar was even showing any LP.
  • Well of suffering altar: 19 runes of dislocation, and the rest sacrifice. Tesseract under altar, which sends to tesseracts on other altars. (19 dislocation 89 sacrifice).
  • Crafting altar: 20 runes of dislocation, 19 runes of acceleration, 14 speed runes and the rest superior capacity (almost 1.9M LP). (55 runes Superioir Capacity)
  • Third altar: 19 runes of dislocation and the rest runes of orb. It already has tesseract right under the altar (same as crafting altar).

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I just managed to get my first 75 plutonium and got into a Big Reactor (7x7x7)
I get nice 11kRF/t but my plan to power a Laser Drill with it and get some more uranium for IC2 and/or yellorium got smashed down.
After not getting anything, I looked up the Focus chances in NIE and they are somewere below 1% for Uranium and Yellorium. I assume this is done to stop people doing just what I was doing and get a autosuficient BR setup :(
Any other way to get more Uranium or Yellorium that are not bees or moving quarry?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any other way to get more Uranium or Yellorium that are not bees or moving quarry?
In other words, any other way to get "autosufficient" nuclear? :p

Its worth mentioning that you won't have to move a quarry very often. A single big quarry haul would probably give you enough fuel to last you for weeks or months RL.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with the quarry is that I can only do it in the overworld and I don´t like it destroying this there...
Any how, you are right and I should start puttingthe quarry in bigger arrays with upgrades and so on.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Quarry the Twilight Forest? Especially useful over a hollow hill.

I'm not a fan of digging gaping holes in the Overworld either.