Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wonder how many people can say their first infusion in a game is for Alchemy cores?

it's probably a reflection of my super lazy nature that my first infusion is something that makes someone do my work for me.

Reactions: Lethosos

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I doubt that, I can't think of any particularly good reason to disable them.

It looks like they're craftable with Botania's jars of ender air, just curious if that's the only way to do it.
Oh oops. I misread your post. My bad.

Yes you are correct it was discussed on Reddit at one point

Reactions: Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how many people can say their first infusion in a game is for Alchemy cores?

it's probably a reflection of my super lazy nature that my first infusion is something that makes someone do my work for me.
My first infusion was yesterday. For a Whisperweed.
Sounds like it will make TC much more easy. But I cant see that its giving me the research points.

battle00333

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of progress, I just finished with agricraft to the point where I now can make culinary generators. now posess the watering can, and got 10/10/10 garlic and eggplants! :eek:
( Stuffed Eggplants regains 10 stamina; Full stamina = 20, so 2 stuffed eggplants gets you from empty to full stamina )

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
What's whisperweed do exactly? google has failed me a bit here.

Not at home now, but its a flower that was added to the Thaumcraftbook inside apoketari. YOu have to research it first.
But from what I understand of the tooltip, it will without consuming mana, give you research points as a research fragment would give you.

But if I use a research fragment it "spawns" little icons on the screen that flow out of screen to the topper right corner.
With the whisperweed I did not see any of that so I´m not sure if its working or not.
Also I have no idea how long you would have to stand next to it.
I did for maybe 30s.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not at home now, but its a flower that was added to the Thaumcraftbook inside apoketari. YOu have to research it first.
But from what I understand of the tooltip, it will without consuming mana, give you research points as a research fragment would give you.

But if I use a research fragment it "spawns" little icons on the screen that flow out of screen to the topper right corner.
With the whisperweed I did not see any of that so I´m not sure if its working or not.
I did for maybe 30s.
Oh neato.

lol "apoketari". I'm guessing you meant "apocrypha" :)

Going back to the draconic evolution discussions briefly: can I make the tier1 (wyvern?) armor right away as soon as I have draconic ingots?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Another question. I'm going through wikis on forbidden magic now, since Dentvar brought it up. I'm wondering: Can a "Collar of Pain", which generates vis when you take damage, be combined with blood magic (which lets you damage yourself) to generate vis easily?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

I did for maybe 30s.

It needs mana to function. Probably why you aren't getting any research points.

Also be warned, it give you warp as well.

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Another question. I'm going through wikis on forbidden magic now, since Dentvar brought it up. I'm wondering: Can a "Collar of Pain", which generates vis when you take damage, be combined with blood magic (which lets you damage yourself) to generate vis easily?

I think so

battle00333

Jul 29, 2019
Another progress update, I now got a farm that gives me 4 stacks of stuffed eggplants per operation, Which equals 19 271 168 RF

...I dont think ill need a new powergen for a long while...

Reactions: Lethosos and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Another progress update, I now got a farm that gives me 4 stacks of stuffed eggplants per operation, Which equals 19 271 168 RF

...I dont think ill need a new powergen for a long while...
Nice, that's tolerably acceptable :)

I still haven't run any power generation in several days. Maybe I should build a mass fab just so I have something to spend energy on.

This pack is like GT in some ways, but power consumption isn't one of them. In GT you're always looking to somehow get more power. Here, I have no idea what to do with all the power I have.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Jeez forbidden magic is buff. If I make a livingwood wand, I can charge it directly with mana? I may end up delaying jarring nodes here until I specifically need centivis.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm thinking of switching out Big Reactors for NuclearCraft in order to pick up an up-and-coming mod. Bit concerned about the world-gen implications. Anyone think I'm nuts?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I'm thinking of switching out Big Reactors for NuclearCraft in order to pick up an up-and-coming mod. Bit concerned about the world-gen implications. Anyone think I'm nuts?
In infinity expert? You might have some issues, and you will need to retrogen ores for it. It has quite a few.

Edit spelling

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Jeez forbidden magic is buff. If I make a livingwood wand, I can charge it directly with mana? I may end up delaying jarring nodes here until I specifically need centivis.

I use this method a lot. It takes mana from my ring of mana (2nd tier) to refill it. I can jar 3-4 nodes before I need to drop my ring on a mana pool to refill it. Takes about a full pool and a half

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
It also has a wand core that refills from your LP Network(Blood Magic compatibiltiy)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It also has a wand core that refills from your LP Network(Blood Magic compatibiltiy)
Yeah I saw that one. I thought the conversion rate was a bit alarming for me: I'm at a point where I know how to add 1k (?) LP at a time by right-clicking.

I know lots of people are setting up something called a well of suffering or some such that can generate LP automatically, but I'm not at that point.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I have created the basic thermal expansion machines, have my water wheels, and am scouring the nether to try and make my first hammer completely out of cobalt. I am not sure exactly what the logical next step in this pack is. I am trying to make a mining laser right now, and I would like to upgrade my jetpack but that seems to be gated behind processing IC2 uranium, which I really have no clue how to do. What should I do next?

As a side not I will probably just neglect storage all the way until the end game when I get AE..... and I probably won't build a proper base until after that.:(