Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea. The only reason I don't implement such a thing is because when I put islands in the sky over my base, they create shadows on the ground (even if they're 100 blocks in the air, which is dumb). I've long since made a Magnum Torch, so shadows won't cause mob spawns... but they WILL block sunlight from reaching my Solar Panels. And that is why I rule out the idea of building above my base.

Solar Panel arrays are set up on high mountins or large flat areas in real life and then providing their energy to the main facility via cable.
Since Cabel would be stupid in MC just take a tasseract for that. I assume you are at this point already. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Solar Panel arrays are set up on high mountins or large flat areas in real life and then providing their energy to the main facility via cable.
Since Cabel would be stupid in MC just take a tasseract for that. I assume you are at this point already. :)
Immersive Engineering cables are actually awesome and aesthetic for this if you can work around the chunkloading issues.

Reactions: Dentvar

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Yeah, you're prob right, but I haven't looked. Well, if we have to deal with Warp, then that's just the way it is I guess. Gonna have to overcome my fear and dive into the deep end of the pool.
Overcome your fear, there are no disadvantages... Hey, who's behind me? Oh, hello mind spiders

Reactions: Pyure

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
What the hell, lmao. I must play at a slow pace, you guys are progressing pretty fast... Or I don't play enough... ^~^

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What the hell, lmao. I must play at a slow pace, you guys are progressing pretty fast... Or I don't play enough... ^~^
? What are you up to in your game right now?

I am not progressing fast at all. I spent all night last night (4 hours) doing nothing but getting that runic matrix working. It requires piles of extremely boring TC research. I cheated this badly using a browser tool that helps you link aspect types.

I haven't actually done any infusion whatsoever. Tonight I'll either finish my altar area with some stabilizers (skulls) and do some minor infusions, or set up an essentia distillation/crystallization thingy, on the assumption that alchemical constructs are (probably) still a bit far away. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with crystallizing essentia at all and just build the damn constructs which are so much better at replacing crucible work.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

When our server's modpack version was updated a few weeks ago, we lost all our server stats, but I was over 400 hours at that point. My pace of play slowed somewhat, due to beginning the magical mods and realizing there was a new "bug" that prevented any advancement or progression... but I'd conservatively estimate I'm now at 500+ hours of play in the modpack.

Having gone thru it, there is a fairly well-defined progression to speed thru the modpack without wasting undue efforts. I'll put it in a spoiler so I don't ruin other people's fun.

0. Don't waste time growing food. I ate Natura berries the entire game. LOL Do grow Immersive Hemp, in prep for step #1 but also for the string source. Use the string to make ProjectRed backpacks so your first few mining trips are more productive, less traveling back and forth to unload stuff. Speaking of "stuff"... Storage Drawers are your best friend. 'Nuff said!
1. Immersive Engineering is ideal for early-game power. Make a Coke Oven right away to get started. Windmills look nice, but I go with triple water wheels, they're the best early-game power source IMO. Spam em, I ran 8 of em, and they make my base look goood. :)
2. Make IC2 processing and get started on IC2 nuclear power ASAP, for the plutonium.
3. Take that plutonium and make your first small Big Reactor (is that an oxymoron?).
4. Meanwhile - and it will take a while to complete step #3 - you should be working on getting a Division Sigil, doing the ritual to get Cursed Earth, and making a Cursed Earth spawn pad with mob grinding capability. Further, place an MFR Auto-Spawner in the middle flush with the Cursed Earth, and make your setup do double-duty. I use it mainly for glowstone (running Witches) but I'm getting ahead of myself, that's for Quantum Solar Panels later on.
5. While working on #3 and #4, you also should be working on the Recycler-Mass Fabricator-Replicator-Scanner-Pattern Storage chain of IC2 processing, so you can start making Iridium Ores via UU Matter. Spam the Recyclers, feed them cobblestone from a cobblegen, and Cyclic Assemble scrap boxes for use in the Mass Fabs. Don't make more than one Mass Fabricator to begin with - they will accept any amount of power you can feed them, so only add multiple when you're really flush with excess power supply later in the game.
6. While doing #3, #4 and #5 (get used to this), you should be gunning for an Ender Quarry. The sooner you can begin quarrying, the faster your progression will go... because your raw material supply will get a real boost. Start small, with a 1x1 or a 2x2 chunk quarry, but with each run of the quarry, use your raw materials to make more power sources - I recommend more IC2 nukes, but its really up to you.
7. While grinding thru #3, #4, #5 and #6, you should be working on a good way to convert EU to RF, and RF to EU - you do this via HV Immersive Cables connecting between MFE's (or CESU) and Tesseracts (or Thermal Exp. Energy Cells) as discussed in this thread. Flexibility with your power sources and power supplies will greatly increase your ability to adapt when required. Due to the nature of the modpack, you cannot build big huge power sources right away, so you are forced to make many small, varied power sources. Being able to "focus" all this power on one task (such as running the Ender Quarry) is critical IMO.
8. By this point, you should have upgraded your Big Reactor a few times, added more IC2 nukes, upsized your UU Matter processing line, and (after a few hundred hours!) be ready to make your first Big Reactor Turbine. You should have gotten to the middle speed upgrade on your Ender Quarry, as well as Silk Touch upgrade, etc. Basically, things are moving much faster now, and you don't feel nearly so lost or feel like it's gonna take forever to get anywhere in the modpack. You HAVE gotten somewhere, and now it's accelerating. You don't need any more spoilers, you are now well on your way to being an Infinity Evolved Expert!

Last edited:
Reactions: erindalc

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Once you have big reactors going, is there a particular reason to keep your IC2 nukes around? (Given that IC2 nukes are harder to automate and considerably less safe)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have big reactors going, is there a particular reason to keep your IC2 nukes around? (Given that IC2 nukes are harder to automate and considerably less safe)

As I mention in my spoiler, power will always be at a premium until you've got those two max-sized Big Reactor Turbines running full-blast (at around the 400 hour mark in the modpack for me LOL)... thus, I highly recommend keeping ALL power sources running, converting them to either EU or RF (most likely RF) and storing all your power in one place (I used EnderIO Capacitor blocks until I could make the Draconic Energy Storage multiblock). You're gonna want to feed that Ender Quarry as much power as you possibly can, unless you enjoy watching it work at a snail's pace. :) I couldn't wait to run the top tier Speed Upgrade on it, but perhaps others have more patience.

But I suppose the correct answer to your question is: Once you have UU Matter production going, there is no particular reason to keep your IC2 nukes around... because IC2 Plutonium is a "scannable" resource and can therefore be replicated on demand. Don't forget (or be advised) that you will need Plutonium to make MOX, and you will need MOX to make Bedrockium Ingots in Expert Mode. Even if you don't use the Drums, you will need Bedrockium Ingots for high-end Draconic (see "Awakened Core").

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok that makes sense.

I've actually run zero power for the last few days. My quarry is stopped because I'm too lazy to go move it and I already have "all teh resourcez" (draconium notwithstanding). I don't have a massfab running because I dont know of any legitimate use-cases for one.

Also, btw, the limit on Immersive Engineering RF transmission kinda sucks. Once I have Big Reactors going I'll probably shut down my IC2 for good just because the 4096 rf/t limit is too annoying to work around (multiple lines etc)

battle00333

Jul 29, 2019
As I mention in my spoiler, power will always be at a premium until you've got those two max-sized Big Reactor Turbines running full-blast (at around the 400 hour mark in the modpack for me LOL)... thus, I highly recommend keeping ALL power sources running, converting them to either EU or RF (most likely RF) and storing all your power in one place

Im still really early in the pack: Coke Oven, Carpenter, Smeltery, a few stirling generators, and an assembly table.
for early-mid powergen im doing Culinary generators with Stuffed Eggplants ( 50k RF per unit ) I just need to do agricraft to get the eggplants

EDIT: I also spawned in a village with a mineshaft under it. I found dark steel in the village, and a reusable safari net in a chest in the mineshaft along with a zombie spawner. So Now ive trapped all the villagers in a small box and moved the village center so that theyll indefinetly breed over and over. Later on im going to put a smeltery beneath and grind emeralds

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Im still really early in the pack: Coke Oven, Carpenter, Smeltery, a few stirling generators, and an assembly table.
for early-mid powergen im doing Culinary generators with Stuffed Eggplants ( 50k RF per unit ) I just need to do agricraft to get the eggplants

The operative phrase on my server was.... "Epic Bacon". LOL It felt like cheating to me (it's not cheating, there is no such thing), but they did the same thing you did - Culinary Gens, except they "grew" Epic Bacon. It was kinda funny, in a way. :) It's just a lot of dyes, and unfortunately, you cannot use the Botania petals, they don't work as dyes. But if you can work out a way to mass produce the dyes, they all swore by their Epic Bacon Power. LOL

battle00333

Jul 29, 2019
The operative phrase on my server was.... "Epic Bacon". LOL It felt like cheating to me (it's not cheating, there is no such thing), but they did the same thing you did - Culinary Gens, except they "grew" Epic Bacon. It was kinda funny, in a way. :) It's just a lot of dyes, and unfortunately, you cannot use the Botania petals, they don't work as dyes. But if you can work out a way to mass produce the dyes, they all swore by their Epic Bacon Power. LOL
Epic bacon seems too complicated, too many items required. The Stuffed Eggplant is just Garlic + Eggplant

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that makes sense.

I've actually run zero power for the last few days. My quarry is stopped because I'm too lazy to go move it and I already have "all teh resourcez" (draconium notwithstanding). I don't have a massfab running because I dont know of any legitimate use-cases for one.

Also, btw, the limit on Immersive Engineering RF transmission kinda sucks. Once I have Big Reactors going I'll probably shut down my IC2 for good just because the 4096 rf/t limit is too annoying to work around (multiple lines etc)

I run the output of 2 MFE's (1024 EU/t total) into one face of a Tesseract (so it converts to 4096 RF/t). Brown HV connectors on the MFE output faces and Tesseract, and run both the HV cables from the MFE's up to one of the Green HV connectors (the brown ones won't accept 2 cables coming in). Then just connect the Green Connector to the Tess with another HV cable.

You can do this 6 times, once for each face of the tesseract. Yeah, it's messy, but it's also kinda cool looking. :) It converts 6144 EU/t into 24,576 RF/t, which is pretty darn handy once you've got 15 Quantum Solar Panels running like I do... gotta put all that power somewhere, and to do that, it must be converted into RF so I can store it in my Big Draconic Ball O' Power.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
Mana is essentially free once you achieve the ability to run an Ender Quarry with top tier Speed Upgrade 24/7/365

I have almost 1 million coal and another 100K Coal Blocks. I haven't made 1000 Endoflames to use it all, but I certainly could do so. I only have 4 Endoflames actually. But it's trivial to automate an OpenCrate/Hopper and just keep making mana around the clock. I could spam my little 4-flower setup 500 times if I wanted to. The problem is how to STORE all the mana... Mana Tablets are not a good answer. Right now, I am using up all the mana each morning when I log on, making Terrasteel with it.

Endoflames are actually quite weak. I have a fully automated stuffed eggplant to gourmyalis setup right now that's producing more mana than I know what to do with - I ended up just setting down a hiveacynth just to have it going somewhere. That can be done without going down the tech tree at all; golems harvest and move the eggplant and garlic, a steve's workshop bench to autocraft the stuffed eggplant, and a final golem to move that into the four dispensers that are triggered every 20 seconds by an hourglass. Each gourmyalis keeps a regular mana spreader going full time, once I'm finally able to do the elven stuff it should be possible to trigger more frequently.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Endoflames are actually quite weak. I have a fully automated stuffed eggplant to gourmyalis setup right now that's producing more mana than I know what to do with - I ended up just setting down a hiveacynth just to have it going somewhere. That can be done without going down the tech tree at all; golems harvest and move the eggplant and garlic, a steve's workshop bench to autocraft the stuffed eggplant, and a final golem to move that into the four dispensers that are triggered every 20 seconds by an hourglass. Each gourmyalis keeps a regular mana spreader going full time, once I'm finally able to do the elven stuff it should be possible to trigger more frequently.
Funny you mention that. I was gonna do gourmarylis too but its later-game Botania tech in this pack. You can do endoflames almost instantly, but I believe you need some blood magic to get the correct runes for Gourm.

(I can make them now I believe, but I couldn't when I assembled the endoflames. And now there's no need to upgrade because endoflames are more than enough for all my needs)

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
When our server's modpack version was updated a few weeks ago, we lost all our server stats, but I was over 400 hours at that point. My pace of play slowed somewhat, due to beginning the magical mods and realizing there was a new "bug" that prevented any advancement or progression... but I'd conservatively estimate I'm now at 500+ hours of play in the modpack.

Having gone thru it, there is a fairly well-defined progression to speed thru the modpack without wasting undue efforts. I'll put it in a spoiler so I don't ruin other people's fun.

0. Don't waste time growing food. I ate Natura berries the entire game. LOL Do grow Immersive Hemp, in prep for step #1 but also for the string source. Use the string to make ProjectRed backpacks so your first few mining trips are more productive, less traveling back and forth to unload stuff. Speaking of "stuff"... Storage Drawers are your best friend. 'Nuff said!
1. Immersive Engineering is ideal for early-game power. Make a Coke Oven right away to get started. Windmills look nice, but I go with triple water wheels, they're the best early-game power source IMO. Spam em, I ran 8 of em, and they make my base look goood. :)
2. Make IC2 processing and get started on IC2 nuclear power ASAP, for the plutonium.
3. Take that plutonium and make your first small Big Reactor (is that an oxymoron?).
4. Meanwhile - and it will take a while to complete step #3 - you should be working on getting a Division Sigil, doing the ritual to get Cursed Earth, and making a Cursed Earth spawn pad with mob grinding capability. Further, place an MFR Auto-Spawner in the middle flush with the Cursed Earth, and make your setup do double-duty. I use it mainly for glowstone (running Witches) but I'm getting ahead of myself, that's for Quantum Solar Panels later on.
5. While working on #3 and #4, you also should be working on the Recycler-Mass Fabricator-Replicator-Scanner-Pattern Storage chain of IC2 processing, so you can start making Iridium Ores via UU Matter. Spam the Recyclers, feed them cobblestone from a cobblegen, and Cyclic Assemble scrap boxes for use in the Mass Fabs. Don't make more than one Mass Fabricator to begin with - they will accept any amount of power you can feed them, so only add multiple when you're really flush with excess power supply later in the game.
6. While doing #3, #4 and #5 (get used to this), you should be gunning for an Ender Quarry. The sooner you can begin quarrying, the faster your progression will go... because your raw material supply will get a real boost. Start small, with a 1x1 or a 2x2 chunk quarry, but with each run of the quarry, use your raw materials to make more power sources - I recommend more IC2 nukes, but its really up to you.
7. While grinding thru #3, #4, #5 and #6, you should be working on a good way to convert EU to RF, and RF to EU - you do this via HV Immersive Cables connecting between MFE's (or CESU) and Tesseracts (or Thermal Exp. Energy Cells) as discussed in this thread. Flexibility with your power sources and power supplies will greatly increase your ability to adapt when required. Due to the nature of the modpack, you cannot build big huge power sources right away, so you are forced to make many small, varied power sources. Being able to "focus" all this power on one task (such as running the Ender Quarry) is critical IMO.
8. By this point, you should have upgraded your Big Reactor a few times, added more IC2 nukes, upsized your UU Matter processing line, and (after a few hundred hours!) be ready to make your first Big Reactor Turbine. You should have gotten to the middle speed upgrade on your Ender Quarry, as well as Silk Touch upgrade, etc. Basically, things are moving much faster now, and you don't feel nearly so lost or feel like it's gonna take forever to get anywhere in the modpack. You HAVE gotten somewhere, and now it's accelerating. You don't need any more spoilers, you are now well on your way to being an Infinity Evolved Expert!

Haha, thanks for the tips! I'm sure that'll help a lot of people. As for me, I've gotten as far as tip numero 1, I got ovens, blast furnaces, ic2 machines, waterwheels, etc, but my world got corrupted, and now I'm starting again.

And does anyone have tips for this?
92Lkmke.png
I feel like that looks a little too plain , and I haven't been very good at designing floors/ceilings. (And it's underground fyi)