Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just hit the Fission era. Built an IC2-e reactor which produces 1120 hu/s and its going through the superheated steam route, producing 810 eu/t.

1000 hu/s goes to superheated steam setups, producing 750 eu/t. The remainder, which isn't enough for SH Steam, just goes into a pair of stirling generators. Its not enough to keep two running fully time, but they produce 60 eu/t between them on average.

Its actually really satisfying to get this working without steam explosions, but sadly I don't have an energy sink for all that power yet. @Dentvar reminded me that immersive engineering has an ore-production MFR-like mining laser drill thing that I hope I can afford (will look into it tonight)

Just whack a lever on the front of the thermonic fabricator :)
Wait we can redstone control this thing now? I'm so oldschool, once I noticed it suffered energy perdition I simply set up a circuit breaker for it that I could toggle (so embarassed)

A

andymac2k1

Wait we can redstone control this thing now? I'm so oldschool, once I noticed it suffered energy perdition I simply set up a circuit breaker for it that I could toggle (so embarassed)

Yea man, stick the lever on the front, turn it off and check the GUI and it will show on the top left that power is disabled :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yea man, stick the lever on the front, turn it off and check the GUI and it will show on the top left that power is disabled :)
Hah, hilarious. I'll probably be clever and set it up so that it only turns on when there's something in its internal buffer or something. BC gates ftw.

A

andymac2k1

Hah, hilarious. I'll probably be clever and set it up so that it only turns on when there's something in its internal buffer or something. BC gates ftw.
Im so used to normal Infinity Evolved and AE2 :( usually just rush AE2 and set up autocrafting on every machine lol. Using storage drawers at the minute with the Ender IO interface panel but it seems really glitchy :/

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
So... Decided to take a break from magic (Sunnuva... Why did tfox disable the mana tablet?!), and start down the tech side. Ran into what I thought was an issue (after fumbling with an IE Capacitor Box), my energy kept disappearing for whatever reason. As it would happen, I totally forgot that the Thermionic Fabricator is one hell of a power hog. So, now I've got what I need from it (Diamantine Electron Tubes), it's been dismantled and put away. Stupid thing really needs some redstone controls or something like that (unless I'm just being thick and it has them, or they doesn't work for some reason).

So. Now onto improving my rudimentary power structure some, working on finding some obsidian for the Assembly Table (found a fair few diamonds thanks to a rather generous vein + a Dense Diamond Ore through a F3 TiCon pick), I have yet to find a lava pool I can douse, and starting working my way into the Rock Crusher, and IC2.

The other thing you could do with the Thermionic Fabricator is to make sure it's on the lowest possible tier of energy pipe available. Lowest tier in this case means feeding it the minimum amount of RF/t that's possible with the pipes available to you in Expert Mode. :D

Hope that helps! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is it possible to power an AE2 Crystal Growth Inscriber directly with RF (like I can with a Inscriber)? Or do I need to progress to the point where I can make the Energy Acceptor? (Requires nether stars)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Is it possible to power an AE2 Crystal Growth Inscriber directly with RF (like I can with a Inscriber)? Or do I need to progress to the point where I can make the Energy Acceptor? (Requires nether stars)
Off the top of my head, it requires ae power. Could be wrong though

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was hoping it was like the Inscriber which could accept other systems power and transform it into AE internally. Dont think that's the case.

Unchanged AE requires an Energy Acceptor. I can't imagine this would have gotten easier for this pack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Unchanged AE requires an Energy Acceptor. I can't imagine this would have gotten easier for this pack.
Yep, and no particular reason it needs to either.

The old drop-dust-into-pond-and-wait thing is actually a really neat mechanic. Yeah its slow to finish an "order" but a single order can be almost infinitely big. The trick in leveraging it at this stage is to simply order way more than you need at a given time, so that you have some on standby later.

The only thing that sucks is that I frequently play with a magnet on, which scoops up the damn seeds if I walk nearby. Sometimes they get lost "in transit" while flying to me if I disappear elsewhere too quickly :\

Ditto vacuum chests of any kind. Easy fix of course: plant the seeds somewhere far away with a chunkloader.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
What do you need them for if you can´t use the rest of AE2 anyway until you got the EnergyAcceptor/Controler.
(its better to craft a single block controler then a EnergyAceptor since the controler can also work as a Acceptor and you will end up crafting it anyway.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What do you need them for if you can´t use the rest of AE2 anyway until you got the EnergyAcceptor/Controler.
(its better to craft a single block controler then a EnergyAceptor since the controler can also work as a Acceptor and you will end up crafting it anyway.
Not much of anything that I've encountered at this point. I believe I needed a single crystal to make the Inscriber which is necessary for some midgame toys like quarries. I'm more concerned with the recipes I haven't seen yet. I'd rather have a supply waiting for me in case I need it, than have to wait 8 hours or whatever it takes to make those crystals.

If Quartz (either kind) was in terribly short supply, I suppose I could leverage them for recipes that would accept the alternative "pure" forms of the crystals. But Quartz is pretty prevalent in this pack.

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, over the past two months, 3 of my worlds have gotten corrupted. I've gotten a new laptop for Christmas, and I've started a new world. I'm hoping this world would be a little more permanent.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Got to the Draconic stuff, made the Grinder for automating Nether Stars and have a Tier 6 Energy Storage Multiblock with Tier 7 only a few more quarry runs away. Playing on a server with other players so we cannot kill the Dragon in the End yet - the reason for that is to be considerate of players who progress at a slower pace than others. Basically, it means I cannot really think about obtaining Awakened Draconium Ingots in the near future. I will not attempt to tackle the Chaos Guardians by myself since I cannot make the top tier Draconic armor yet.

My current problem: Having skipped all the magic mods, I now have to tackle them all at once to keep progressing thru Draconic. Currently I'm stuck trying to make Mandrake seeds, which is "Water Artichoke+Wheat Seeds" in Agricraft. I can't put the water artichokes into Agricraft crop sticks because they have to be grown in a water block, and the Agricraft crop sticks can't be placed on water. Do I just ignore the sticks for water artichoke and do the cross-breed without them? So far that isn't working, so I suspect I could wait forever and it won't mutate. How are we supposed to obtain Mandrake and Belladonna? Am I doing it wrong?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
@asb3pe hoe dirt, and right click with a shovel and you should get "water pads", place cropsticks on them.

AHA, tyvm. Well I got the water pad, filled it with water, placed the crop sticks, but the water artichoke won't plant itself there. So I'm still stuck. lol

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
good tip. Also explains why hoeing with a mattock is such a pain in the ass: you continually make these water pads (I think) if you're not careful.

It's true. When I got them, I was farming regular crops and had no idea what that was. I kept just breaking the dirt block and replacing it. Very annoying.

So fast forward to today, when I actually NEED those water pads... and by now I've totally forgotten about my past experience with them.

Talk about unintuitive stuff... But I think there's something wrong here, and not just with me. LOL I cannot make these Belladonna seeds and I'm out of ideas.

EDIT: NEI says there's a 2.19% chance to get Belladonna seeds from punching grass, but I punched for 5 minutes and only got two kinds of Witchery seeds - Water Artichoke and Wolfsbane. Think I'm just gonna give up on this method and go punch more grass since my assumption that we have to make Belladonna via mutation might be wrong.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think Pyure has discovered that there is indeed a bug with Water Artichoke seeds no being able to be planted, preventing the Agricraft mutation to acquire Belladonna seeds. I appears that this bug was reported and fixed one day ago. See here:

Thank you Pyure, you didn't give up and finally found our answer, well done mate!