Share your power loops!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ixeling

Jul 29, 2019
I want to know as many power loops as possible because I need power to my machines. I don't care if you have to use lava or wood, if it generates EU or MJ, I just want to have some to choose between! Thank you, and I apologise for my bad english I'm from Sweden.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Could you clarify what a power loop is? I'm not sure, but I think I know some.

Solar panels powering electric engines that have all the conversion upgrades (they provide more MJ for more EU. I think it's 2 tin electron tubes and 2 bronze electron tubes in an advanced circuit board) will give you good solar MJ.

A SC2 tree farm making wood to power a bunch of generators.

A wither skeleton farm (normal skeleton spawner in the nether) producing coal that gets shoved into a massive coal-coke factory that powers steam boilers or generators.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
No he means a system that feeds itself with its own power, e.g. a steam boiler powering a magma crucible hooked up to an igneous extruder or four, which then powers the boiler. Or a tree farm, powered by the wood going into generators and electric engines.

Reactions: Ixeling

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
4 Fully Heated 36 HP Liquid-Fired Steam Boilers.
9 Steam Outputs per Boiler, one for Tesseract and 8 for Liquiducts.
Each tesseract leads to a Steam Consumer.
2 Power Converter setups with 2 Steam Consumers, an Energy Bridge, an EV Producer, and a BC Producer.
EV leads to Oil Fabricator.
BC leads to Refinery.
Fuel result pumped back into Boilers.
Profit!
EDIT:
Oh by the way, this takes absolutely forever to heat up completely.
It's only really practical if you have enough Fuel and Time.
The Time can be satisfied if you live in a Server.
The Fuel can be satisfied if you live in Velotican's Server (which is wonderful).

Reactions: Endgamer013

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
4 Fully Heated 36 HP Liquid-Fired Steam Boilers.
9 Steam Outputs per Boiler, one for Tesseract and 8 for Liquiducts.
Each tesseract leads to a Steam Consumer.
2 Power Converter setups with 2 Steam Consumers, an Energy Bridge, an EV Producer, and a BC Producer.
EV leads to Oil Fabricator.
BC leads to Refinery.
Fuel result pumped back into Boilers.
Profit!
EDIT:
Oh by the way, this takes absolutely forever to heat up completely.
It's only really practical if you have enough Fuel and Time.
The Time can be satisfied if you live in a Server.
The Fuel can be satisfied if you live in Velotican's Server (which is wonderful).
Oil fabricator?.....

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea gotta love that fuel "loop", But I find it not worth the time, setup, and efforts but building 600+ coke ovens is pain in the rear when no one is on your server to give you a hand. Gotta wait about 12 hours before the server is fixed. Good thing it's the only problem I had with Envious Host after 5 months.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
My favourite is the self-replicating solar factory (Ultimate with GT slightly nerfed - no bronze nerf, no solar nerf, no macerator nerf).
Start off with a small system using frames (a frame space-ship containg a solar panel, a batbox, a mining turtle, a mining well and an electrical engine) to mine and a processing AE facility that macerates coal and all the stuff and a simple system that puts wire and the panel using frames+deployers (powering the whole facility).
The frame-ship mines a line (you can also use a sytem I created using BC gates to check wheter it is charged or not and guarantee there will always be a full redstone energy cell) and gives all of its items to the AE sytem.
The AE sytem sorts it and makes every single thing (note: it also has a rubber farm from MFR using MFR trees into an extractor/rubber into a furnace) of the solar panels (it's powered by a small system that is the simple power loop of Magmatic Engine+Magma Crucible and Igneous Extruder).
The solar are put in a placing system that powers the whole line of AE.
Once you get to a point you are producing more energy than consuming, BOOM POWER LOOP!

Reactions: dgdas9

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I always wanted a full auto solar panel factory that would place it's output and cables fully automated and matter fabs auto hookups.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
2 MFR tree farms. one set as normal, the other to harvest leaf blocks. The normal one supplies wood for fuel for steam engines, boiler, etc. and the saplings for both farms. The leaf blocks get converted into plant balls to ic2 biofuel to a diesel generator.

There are all kind of power loops. Some are just more efficient or faster than others. With GT, many farm products can be converted into methane which can be converted into fuel.

Making Nitro Diesel with GT is rather time consuming with the multiple steps involved, but generates a lot of extra power. You just have to take the time to set it all up.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
It is effectively a group of three modules:
Frame Quarry (whichever you like, be it Vis regeneration system+Arcane Bore, Inchworm Drive, or anywhere in between - and even after!).
AE system (storing stuff/processing stuff).
Placing system (used to get everything from the AE system to place the solars).
It's preety simple, to be honest.

Reactions: dgdas9

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I started off with more not knowing how many I would need, but in the end 3 alvearies with refined bees keeps 4 36 hp boilers going on fuel. I did give them the fast productivity gene, but I'm not using frames with them. After running 2 frames in all the alvearies you see with refined bees, I ended up with not only those railcraft tanks full, but also a max size xycraft multitank under each one. I don't think I can ever use it all. It is fully automated using an AE network. The network also covers a multifarm with chestnut trees for seed oil, honey, and liquid DNA, which are in tanks opposite of the fuel and bio fuel tanks you see.
JMMXFEE.jpg

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 Peat/Boiler Loop

Peat Bog/Turbaries produce Peat and Dirt.
Peat is sent to Solid Boiler.
Steam Power from Boiler used to pulverize Sand from Cobble, fill buckets in an AA, and power the Peat Bog/Turbary.
Sand, Dirt, and Water Buckets are used to make Bog Earth to fill Peat Bog.

This system is relatively low tech and not extremely powerful. However with some fancy wiring and circuits you could create a system that started with small boilers and used the excess Bog Earth and Peat to keep starting larger boiler loops.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
My favourite is the self-replicating solar factory (Ultimate with GT slightly nerfed - no bronze nerf, no solar nerf, no macerator nerf).
Start off with a small system using frames (a frame space-ship containg a solar panel, a batbox, a mining turtle, a mining well and an electrical engine) to mine and a processing AE facility that macerates coal and all the stuff and a simple system that puts wire and the panel using frames+deployers (powering the whole facility).
The frame-ship mines a line (you can also use a sytem I created using BC gates to check wheter it is charged or not and guarantee there will always be a full redstone energy cell) and gives all of its items to the AE sytem.
The AE sytem sorts it and makes every single thing (note: it also has a rubber farm from MFR using MFR trees into an extractor/rubber into a furnace) of the solar panels (it's powered by a small system that is the simple power loop of Magmatic Engine+Magma Crucible and Igneous Extruder).
The solar are put in a placing system that powers the whole line of AE.
Once you get to a point you are producing more energy than consuming, BOOM POWER LOOP!

This is the first heroic, not-shameful use of frames I've ever heard. Would love to see a video.

Ixeling

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone! I just have a question, is this a working power loop?
Placing an igneous extruder over a recycler, and the recycler is getting powered by a generator that burns the scrap from the recycler. I have heard some about this but I have never tried it, is this working?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone! I just have a question, is this a working power loop?
Placing an igneous extruder over a recycler, and the recycler is getting powered by a generator that burns the scrap from the recycler. I have heard some about this but I have never tried it, is this working?
With a single overclocker upgrade in the recycler (30% faster output for the same energy) and 2 (really 1.5) extruders it is.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
an mfr tree farm supplied with auto crafted ic2 fertilizer from scrap, produces more than enough wood for generators that keeps farm running(including recycler) and will produce a lot of wood to feed boiler or 2. you can also utilizer leaves and excess saplings...

Ixeling

Jul 29, 2019
With a single overclocker upgrade in the recycler (30% faster output for the same energy) and 2 (really 1.5) extruders it is.
30% without using more energy? I thought overclockers took more energy to give more speed?

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
There's an interesting rounding error with the recycler that results in one overclocker not making it use more power.