Share your frames!

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of the base tours and power room threads, but while I've found several different threads focused on a particular frames creation, I haven't seen one for all Redpower frames-powered ideas in general. I would like to see what everyone else has made, whether it's a door, a transformer, a spaceship, or a mining machine.

I'd like to start off by sharing something silly I've been working on. This is a 6-direction "spaceship" that I plan to throw random things onto. At the moment it's barebones, but I have lots of space for addons. Also, it's ugly, but it took hours to cover the outside and I don't think I have the motivation to go back and make it look nicer. For now, I'm having fun destroying things with its beam of death.

The full album is here http://imgur.com/a/vFhUm, but here are three showcases:
Qvy9UJQ.jpg

yW5tQM8.jpg

GoN5uhK.png

The 6-direction drive I'm using is by ododex of Youtube. It's 5x5x5 at the bare minimum, which isn't the smallest, but I found it's definitely the most reliable. Since the motors are spread out, if something goes wrong, it's very easy to diagnose and repair.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done!

Edit: Forgot to mention, Duncan of the Yogscast was a partial inspiration for this, as well. Sadly, mine doesn't fit inside my silo.

MaryuZ

Jul 29, 2019
I might have something for you...a 6 directional submarine...just have to rebuild it....it got lost when i switched servers.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Love the design Budge, very pretty! Most functional frameships I've seen are purely functional and rather bare-bones.

Looks like a good base-destroyer too. Tear a hole in someone's base and then leave a lot of wisps to add electrified insult to injury :)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hot air balloon aura node tugboat type thing!

This was my first frame contraption so didn't want to go too big. 6-directionall drive controlled by wireless remote. Uses a 4x4x4 design found on these forums.
balloon.jpg

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hot air balloon aura node tugboat type thing!

This was my first frame contraption so didn't want to go too big. 6-directionall drive controlled by wireless remote. Uses a 4x4x4 design found on these forums.
View attachment 4146

I wish eloraam adds a new function to RP where you could for example put a 3/4th cover on a frame that you won't see the frame textures anymore, for more nicer looking frame designs.
you could remove those covers and surround the frames with wool...

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I wish eloraam adds a new function to RP where you could for example put a 3/4th cover on a frame that you won't see the frame textures anymore, for more nicer looking frame designs.

Yeah, next time I do something like this (in whichever future version we get rp2 in) I'll be spending more time making the outside look nicer.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019

You can do this via a texture pack.
I believe Sphax does this.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of the base tours and power room threads, but while I've found several different threads focused on a particular frames creation, I haven't seen one for all Redpower frames-powered ideas in general. I would like to see what everyone else has made, whether it's a door, a transformer, a spaceship, or a mining machine.

I'd like to start off by sharing something silly I've been working on. This is a 6-direction "spaceship" that I plan to throw random things onto. At the moment it's barebones, but I have lots of space for addons. Also, it's ugly, but it took hours to cover the outside and I don't think I have the motivation to go back and make it look nicer. For now, I'm having fun destroying things with its beam of death.

The full album is here http://imgur.com/a/vFhUm

Awsome! Reminds me of Independence Day. All you need is the Empire State? Building below it.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Love the design Budge, very pretty! Most functional frameships I've seen are purely functional and rather bare-bones.

Looks like a good base-destroyer too. Tear a hole in someone's base and then leave a lot of wisps to add electrified insult to injury :)

I don't fancy myself on a server where that might happen

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda why we don't allow machine mining in our overworld of StaffCraft xD

Servers should have a mining age where you can build such things.

i mean getting my base destroyed, Not mining ^_^

With this setup, Could i have a mobile mining platoform?

(A quarry powered by electro-engines, In turn powered by solar)

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
On staffcraft you can have whatever you wish just gotta make sure you are heading a different way to other people.
Since im using a normal RP2 bore atm.

qap

Jul 29, 2019
So here is a mining frame contraption.
It can move. In one direction, forward;)
A CC Turtle give redstone signals to the block breakers, one frame motor and the chunkloader replacer, you could probably get away with a RP sequencer.
The stationary chunkloader gets resets after every move, so the chunks stay loaded all the time.
Relying on a single chunkloader connected to the frame leads to the destruction of the machine sooner or later, as the chunks seem to unload during the frame moving.
As simple as the machine is, there are of course several negative aspects. It does not go down to bedrock, as you have to place covers on the underside of the bottommost frames. It eats up server space, generating chunks along its way.

2013-05-15_02.56.51.jpg
2013-05-15_02.57.21.jpg
2013-05-15_02.57.37.jpg
2013-05-15_02.57.50.jpg

D

Deleted member 38496

Budge, how does your computer determine the frameship's position? I assume you haven't spread GPS satellites across the entire map.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Right. It uses GPS, and testing showed that it failed horribly when it got out of range of my satellite. I would have to manually prepare more satellites for places I wanted to take it.

I've had an idea in my head for some kind of contraption that would always know its location no matter how far it moved. It would involve having some kind of GPS satellite enclosed inside a box, with turtles instead of computers, which would float freely inside that box. The box would move with the frames while the satellite remained still, until a side of the box touched one of the turtles (not sure how that would be detected...redstone torches probably). When one of the sides touched a turtle, the turtles would move one by one, calculating their movement along the way, and set up the satellite in the center of the box once more, serving new coordinates.

The idea's a little too lofty and probably too large to fit anywhere inside my frame ship, though. My frame ship is already painfully slow to move, so I can't imagine going any larger.

D

Deleted member 38496

I'm pretty sure that turtles don't work as GPS hosts, unless you use a custom program. I have seen at least one program to automatically set up GPS satellites via turtle though, so perhaps you could program the master computer to send up a turtle and place a new satellite when it is almost out of range.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I figured that idea was a stretch. Next time I start a new world I'll start playing with turtles and GPS though, see if I can rig something.