Set for life.

TheWhiteTyger

Jul 29, 2019
My reason is that in a forum, it's one goal to have your opinions and ideas taken seriously or at least considered.
Coloring one's text is counter intuitive to this goal, at least for me.
1. it makes it hard to read.
2. It's perceived as pretentious and an attempt at being a special snowflake. Resulting in instant dismissal.

Also Purple IS Jaded's color, copywright be damned no one's balls are big enough to take on JC...

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they ALL stink. Purple can not be "claimed" by soley one person in the entire forum (or world for that matter) else we would have run out of colors, and has anyone considered that I happen to also just like purple and I like to be different because I feel confined and constrained in the world that is perceived by me and I just no longer wish to be "alike" even if everyone else wishes me to "conform" to society as it were here. I have had a LOT of questioning and even a few small threats about the way I color (where the hell does a 'U' fit into Color?) my text but I have never had so much resistance as from this forum. Are many here out to beat everyone else into submission and conformity? It's certainly a good thing that those that wish to force change are not in charge here.

Finally, I need not fight a war over a color, and TheJadedOne is certainly intelligent enough to know this, therefore I am not concerned. Besides, if the color was "Their's" (pretty sure the proper pronoun is her, but I have been wrong before!) then why didn't they use said color in response to me. Seems like abandonment has taken it's course.

Spellcheck is a LIFE-SAVER (not just candy) because I would look like a kindergartener without it I am almost certain. For those that have tried to defend on my part, I thank you and bow to you all. The rest I still bow to because I'm a total newb to this site and except for removing my color, I try to simply get along anyways. I won't change color but I will acknowledge your arguments.

Excuse the long-winded reply, so sick of being told to conform. No offense to anyone that didn't know what it was they were asking of me whether it be for their benefit or to others. I likes purples and that's how it is. By the way, When did this topic become so... off topic?

(Me, trying to take on TheJadedOne, that's like an ant trying to taken on an elephant. I'd be crushed so quickly she (I'm pretty damn sure pronoun is accurate) wouldn't even know I was underfoot. XD )

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they ALL stink. Purple can not be "claimed" by soley one person in the entire forum (or world for that matter) else we would have run out of colors, and has anyone considered that I happen to also just like purple and I like to be different because I feel confined and constrained in the world that is perceived by me and I just no longer wish to be "alike" even if everyone else wishes me to "conform" to society as it were here. I have had a LOT of questioning and even a few small threats about the way I color (where the hell does a 'U' fit into Color?) my text but I have never had so much resistance as from this forum. Are many here out to beat everyone else into submission and conformity? It's certainly a good thing that those that wish to force change are not in charge here.

Finally, I need not fight a war over a color, and TheJadedOne is certainly intelligent enough to know this, therefore I am not concerned. Besides, if the color was "Their's" (pretty sure the proper pronoun is her, but I have been wrong before!) then why didn't they use said color in response to me. Seems like abandonment has taken it's course.

Spellcheck is a LIFE-SAVER (not just candy) because I would look like a kindergartener without it I am almost certain. For those that have tried to defend on my part, I thank you and bow to you all. The rest I still bow to because I'm a total newb to this site and except for removing my color, I try to simply get along anyways. I won't change color but I will acknowledge your arguments.

Excuse the long-winded reply, so sick of being told to conform. No offense to anyone that didn't know what it was they were asking of me whether it be for their benefit or to others. I likes purples and that's how it is. By the way, When did this topic become so... off topic?

(Me, trying to take on TheJadedOne, that's like an ant trying to taken on an elephant. I'd be crushed so quickly she (I'm pretty damn sure pronoun is accurate) wouldn't even know I was underfoot. XD )
I have been supporting you using the subtle form of likes...

Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

TheWhiteTyger

Jul 29, 2019
I have been supporting you using the subtle form of likes...

Merci Boku! I have seen and am honored. I admit, I seem to have taken too much personally and I should sit back and relax as this is all for fun and chatter. Maybe I shouldn't use such broad terms to include most here, my fault entirely. You and RJS are my favorite responders thus far, y'all helped me to feel welcomed and helped me re-realize this is for the "shits and grins". As well as others that have responded, even if their opinion differs. Least you all acknowlege that I do exist and more than just another forum name. Thank you all!

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I can testify that this is BS, I have no less difficulty reading colored text then regular black text. Then again my dyslexia doesn't affect my reading...
I don't think it affects anyone's reading ability, I thought it was just a typing/ writing thing. Or is that dysgraphia?
I'm always tripped up by words with ie ei in them, also strings of numbers with repeating numbers/ letters, they always catch me. If it wasn't for browser spellcheckers I'd look like a complete boob with all the misspellings.
I'd just like to point out that OFSTED, the board responsible for assessing standards in schools over here in the UK, advises that teachers should be writing in purple on the board. Clearly it helps enough people :p

TheWhiteTyger

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to point out that OFSTED, the board responsible for assessing standards in schools over here in the UK, advises that teachers should be writing in purple on the board. Clearly it helps enough people :p

ROTFLMAO! If true, ironic doesn't even come close to a fitting description! *Imagines purple chalk on green chalkboards* Hope enough schools have gone to white marker boards now... XD

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I thought whiteboard/penboards ect were being ditched in favour of 'interactive boards' with projectors and tablets.

Having used them- black/dark background, and a contrasting non-white text is the best combination if you're staring at it for many hours every day.
Dark background isn't a bright (nooo wayy!!!)- so theres significantly less eye strain. Non-white text helps with this.
Though no-one [hopefully] spends that long on here, using such a colour style does make life a lot easier.

TheWhiteTyger

Jul 29, 2019
I was talking whiteboards rather than chalkboards. We aren't all down t'mines or up t'chimneys you know ;-)

Ah derp I am, I'm still stuck in thinking of "my hay day" when everyone still had chalkboards no matter the country. My bad for not thinking progressively. :D

Reactions: Strikingwolf

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

Conformity? It's more an urge for some coherence.
But you do know some conformity is required for some coherence.
Wouldn't it be unique to speak to people in your own code only you know? yeah, but would it be useful and easy? nope. It would also be unique to whisper every second word shout every fourth, but that would be annoying.

When folks ask you to type in the standard black it's not because they want to jam you in to a little box, forcing you to conform. It's becasue the color is getting in the way of them understanding your view points, as petty as that may seem. But on a forum if you want to be heard you need to make sure you put the effort in to being understood.

Also the Jaded thing was a joke...

TheWhiteTyger

Jul 29, 2019

Conformity? It's more an urge for some coherence.
But you do know some conformity is required for some coherence.
Wouldn't it be unique to speak to people in your own code only you know? yeah, but would it be useful and easy? nope. It would also be unique to whisper every second word shout every fourth, but that would be annoying.

When folks ask you to type in the standard black it's not because they want to jam you in to a little box, forcing you to conform. It's becasue the color is getting in the way of them understanding your view points, as petty as that may seem. But on a forum if you want to be heard you need to make sure you put the effort in to being understood.

Also the Jaded thing was a joke...

I could agree with your view point if the fact was that with verbal communication, it is only sent once and if the transmission is interrupted then yes it would be like shouting every second or fourth word and would be annoying. However this is text recorded to be able to change to conform to others upon their demands I.E. color themes. Therefore your argument doesn't seem as valid. I argue the fact of uniqueness as more of a personal statement as well as RJS said before, it's theorized (I say so because some say the different color helps while others do not) that it's easier for dyslexic people to read and I am aware of their difficulty with understanding blacktext on white background as easily.

TL;DR I am attempting to make a personal statement as well as being considerate to a good number (which I personally know and makes it more tangible for me) of dylexics, while there are fewer reported of those that just simply have poor eye strain due to the different color other than black. I can either attempt to work with one side of opinions or another.

If someone wishes to read what I have to say, they will find a way. If not, what I have to say is not that important really anyways (we all know this) and they may simply skip over and ignore me. Won't be the first time. And I know the jaded thing was a joke, I re-read my statement. You can not tell feelings through text and I was trying to be a smart ass at that point to get my point across. Rather stupid of me, but I'm human so meh.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
hmm, i think i will post all my posts in this, what do you guys think (not against the text colors, just mocking how some are insanely hard to read)

Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, i think i will post all my posts in this, what do you guys think (not against the text colors, just mocking how some are insanely hard to read)
WUasP88.png

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Imho orespawn has its merits but if I was to decided wether or not it would go in a back I wouldnt put it in

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2