Server Security??

nepocrates

Jul 29, 2019
Although I have alread ran a few servers but I have only used whitelists. My daughter now wants me to run a more public one. does FTB work well with mods like faction or world guard? or is there something better/easier to manage?

Basically we love FTB (minus gregtech mod) but I fear opening up a server to the world of grievers out there. Any suggestion would be great.

FYI I am a linux junkie and not afraid on coding or dealing with complicated configs as long as it works in the end.

Thanks

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
I do not understand why people keep suggesting fihgus mod because it does not even work with current FTB server release. Getting 6.0.1.341 forge will make some mods not compatible because forge is outdated. .350 is minimum for FTB-Server but it won't still work with fihgus mod.

I would be very happy to hear if I am wrong :)

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
you may wanna try that again :p i have the mod installed on 1.4.2. and it warks. not fully tested. just some command and the register mod. but that worked just fine.

P.s. tested on version 2.0.0. seems he updated

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
i did NOT change any forge related things. just drag and drop fihgu core in the server.jar. and put the other mods in the foder mods. and it worked

Edit for update

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
i did NOT change any forge related things. just drag and drop fihgu core in the server.jar. and put the other mods in the foder mods. and it worked

Edit for update
Well I copied fihgu core stuff to FTB-Beta-A.jar like this:

e.g fihgus Login Mod(2.1.1) and fihgus Protection Mod(2.1.1) to /mods/ folder.

here is the output i get when starting server:
http://pastie.org/5450341

Waarlod

Jul 29, 2019
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/76651664/FTB-Beta-A.jar ( server with core )
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/76651664/mods.7z ( fihgus mods that i use on my server ) 2.0 not 2.1, that is for 1.4.5

Thank you for this. I couldn't find the 2.0 Fihgus ANYWHERE.

Also, to clarify. The current version of figus doesn't work with FTB. You must use the 2.0 version... not 2.1.x.x[DOUBLEPOST=1354152056][/DOUBLEPOST]
Although I have alread ran a few servers but I have only used whitelists. My daughter now wants me to run a more public one. does FTB work well with mods like faction or world guard? or is there something better/easier to manage?

Basically we love FTB (minus gregtech mod) but I fear opening up a server to the world of grievers out there. Any suggestion would be great.

FYI I am a linux junkie and not afraid on coding or dealing with complicated configs as long as it works in the end.

Thanks
Fihgus or SimpleMods will not auto-magically protect your world. You must manually define protection areas. Furthermore, Fihgus allows user defined block locks... but this is an arduous activity. My server is a wide open server and we have minimal issues... but we also have a good community that doesn't tolerate ass-hatery.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
you think to much as an admin and not a FTB player. Do you know what protection i have for my server ? modular force field system ! Beat's any bukkit plugin :))

Waarlod

Jul 29, 2019
you think to much as an admin and not a FTB player. Do you know what protection i have for my server ? modular force field system ! Beat's any bukkit plugin :))
As a system administrator... one can never think to much.

stephenseiber

Jul 29, 2019
My server is having a problem with the protection part. it says to right click on block. right clicking does nothing

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
i tested and worked for me. don't know what to say. do you have owner permission ?