Open Server not starting with default settings.bat

P

Patriot1911

Summary of the problem Server not starting with default settings.bat

Pack Version 1.8.0

What is the bug? The settings.bat supplied in the server files zip-package for Revelation 1.8.0 is missing the MIN_RAM and PERMGEN_SIZE settings. The MIN_RAM setting is required for the server to start, the PERMGEN_SIZE setting is not but I don't know the implications of that command line argument being incorrect.

Mod & Version N/A

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, just unpack the server files as downloaded from https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-revelation/files/2545327/download and run ServerStart.bat, it will proceed to install some prerequisites then fail to start due to a missing setting.

Known Fix Add the MIN_RAM setting in settings.bat, but the PERMGEN_SIZE setting should probably also be added.

wangmauler

Jul 29, 2019
Massachusetts
Looking at the ServerStart.bat file in notepad/wordpad, a little more than half way down has this line:

:startserver
echo Starting server
java -server -Xms%MIN_RAM% -Xmx%MAX_RAM% -XX:permSize=%PERMGEN_SIZE% %JAVA_PARAMETERS% -jar %FORGEJAR% nogui

Isn't that the Min_Ram and Permgen_Size settings you mentioned?

javacodeman113

Jul 29, 2019
It should look like the following with the idea in mind that you can change the Max_Ram amount different from what I have. I had to edit this file to get it to work as well and this is the copy of a current working Revelation server as of yesterday. Your settings.bat file.

Code:
rem Do not touch
set MCVER=1.12.2
set JARFILE=minecraft_server.%MCVER%.jar
set LAUNCHWRAPPERVERSION=1.12
set LAUNCHWRAPPER=net\minecraft\launchwrapper\%LAUNCHWRAPPERVERSION%\launchwrapper-%LAUNCHWRAPPERVERSION%.jar
set FORGEJAR=FTBserver-1.12.2-14.23.2.2627-universal.jar

rem can be changed by user
set MIN_RAM=512M
set MAX_RAM=8192M
set JAVA_PARAMETERS=-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=5 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10

Last edited: