Open Server not starting with default settings.bat

Discussion in 'FTB Revelation' started by Patriot1911, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Patriot1911

Patriot1911 Guest

Summary of the problem Server not starting with default settings.bat

Pack Version 1.8.0

What is the bug? The settings.bat supplied in the server files zip-package for Revelation 1.8.0 is missing the MIN_RAM and PERMGEN_SIZE settings. The MIN_RAM setting is required for the server to start, the PERMGEN_SIZE setting is not but I don't know the implications of that command line argument being incorrect.

Mod & Version N/A

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, just unpack the server files as downloaded from https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-revelation/files/2545327/download and run ServerStart.bat, it will proceed to install some prerequisites then fail to start due to a missing setting.

Known Fix Add the MIN_RAM setting in settings.bat, but the PERMGEN_SIZE setting should probably also be added.

2. wangmauler

wangmauler New Member

Looking at the ServerStart.bat file in notepad/wordpad, a little more than half way down has this line:

:startserver
    echo Starting server
    java -server -Xms%MIN_RAM% -Xmx%MAX_RAM% -XX:permSize=%PERMGEN_SIZE% %JAVA_PARAMETERS% -jar %FORGEJAR% nogui

Isn't that the Min_Ram and Permgen_Size settings you mentioned?

3. javacodeman113

javacodeman113 New Member

It should look like the following with the idea in mind that you can change the Max_Ram amount different from what I have. I had to edit this file to get it to work as well and this is the copy of a current working Revelation server as of yesterday. Your settings.bat file.

Code:
    rem Do not touch
    set MCVER=1.12.2
    set JARFILE=minecraft_server.%MCVER%.jar
    set LAUNCHWRAPPERVERSION=1.12
    set LAUNCHWRAPPER=net\minecraft\launchwrapper\%LAUNCHWRAPPERVERSION%\launchwrapper-%LAUNCHWRAPPERVERSION%.jar
    set FORGEJAR=FTBserver-1.12.2-14.23.2.2627-universal.jar

rem can be changed by user
    set MIN_RAM=512M
    set MAX_RAM=8192M
    set JAVA_PARAMETERS=-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=5 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. wangmauler

wangmauler New Member