Server host

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone here have experience with treepuncher.com. and their ftbservers?

I dont know if 350mb of ram is enought to run ultimate with some extra mods. I use a lot of machines and have large builds. Should i go with this or is there a betteroption for 28.50 for 3 months?

Feedback would be great!!!

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt 350Mb would even load Ultimate, let alone extras :p, try Creeperhost, I hear they're having a sale for short-term stuff.

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
With only 1-2 people playing woukd you still think that? I dont know if that would help. Ive only ever done local servers and had 3gb of ram.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of a rough plan but everyone will most likely have their own opinion on this from their own experiences.

1GB RAM for <5 players
2GB RAM for <10 players
4GB RAM for <15 players
8GB RAM for <25 players
16GB RAM for >25 players

Also what Ammaneus said, you wont be able to load Ult on 350MB RAM at all.

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
We ran a 1Gb until recently, it was just usable for 4-6 of us, but we had to be very gentlemanly with chunkloading etc, 2 weeks ago we upgraded to 2Gb and that works for us just fine, so my answer is; I reccomend 1Gb if you don't mind extreme issues during terrain generation, also be prepared to edit the configs to give you headroom.

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
Okay other than creeper host are there any you would recomend for around that price?

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
We use Daddycheese, they have a terrible website, but they're pretty reliable most of the time, I have heard Contabo recommended because you can get a LOT of bang for your buck, but when I looked into it the customer service was badly reviewed and I was a bit suspicious of their hardware (kinda a to-good-to-be-true thing).

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
We ran a 1Gb until recently, it was just usable for 4-6 of us, but we had to be very gentlemanly with chunkloading etc, 2 weeks ago we upgraded to 2Gb and that works for us just fine, so my answer is; I reccomend 1Gb if you don't mind extreme issues during terrain generation, also be prepared to edit the configs to give you headroom.
What host and how much? Or ball park figures

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
What host and how much? Or ball park figures
We, Creeperhost, have recently upped our smallest package with a bit more kick and should handle two users. If it doesn't, we recently reduced prices on our slime to £7.99 a month and you can upgrade to that if you find mini-slime doesn't work. I won't say we are the cheapest around and there may be other hosting companies recommended, I'm just saying what we've got.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
ServerCrafters seems pretty good, I've been thinking of using them to host my server. 5$ us for a 1Gb of ram a month

Sideways02

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Hosthorde's unlimited plan, our server is soft capped at 4 Gigs. Users say there is no lag.

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
We, Creeperhost, have recently upped our smallest package with a bit more kick and should handle two users. If it doesn't, we recently reduced prices on our slime to £7.99 a month and you can upgrade to that if you find mini-slime doesn't work. I won't say we are the cheapest around and there may be other hosting companies recommended, I'm just saying what we've got.
Luke, are you a creeperhost employee? If so will that run ultimate with bigbuilds? If so you might have a sale :)

delotheric

Jul 29, 2019
Me personally. i like mcpowerhosting not the cheapest by far but they r reliable for my small server smallest package they have is $10 US thats 1g ram and 24 slots but i haven't had any lag issues other than me and a friend both mass mining with the laser on scatter was kinda funny actually.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using these guys to run an Ultimate server for the last 3 months. The servers are located in Paris, France and I am in Western Canada with great ping.

http://redstonehost.com/

Helpdesk is great, any questions I have asked they have been able to answer within 15 minutes.

Nibrodooh

Jul 29, 2019
i'm fond of creeperhost, there customer support is excellent, and there web interface is getting better and better.