Server Crash while placing blocks

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
A player on my server was sneak placing dirt under himself and the server crashed. When it came back up, the block wasn't under him and he fell to his death. I'm only mentioning this because we were having block lag at the time and the server log shows we were dropping lots of ticks.

Version 2.0.1 with the new map - we restarted for this update.

We had no lag issues prior to this update.

Crashlog

I've allocated 8GB to this server.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I kept seeing out of heap space errors in my log and was getting soft crashes where the server just quits responding. I then set the max mem to 24G just to see if it could load in the array it was looking for and now the crashlog seems to point to a read of a file by ftbutils.

https://pastebin.com/whEcmzdn

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, the ServerStart.sh included with the server download has probably never actually been used. the settings.sh has way outdated command line options and says min 512m and max 2G.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
@slowpoke can you share the server start script you were using with streamers to test this pack? I'd like to see your memory and command line options.

When we have 3 people each on their own island, we start experiencing a slow crash where we get kicked and timeout on login.

No crashlog is generated.

I'm using the pack unmodified, even though my crashlog above was an attempt where I disabled foamfix just to test.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Im looking into that for you and will also update the ServerStart.sh as well.