Problem Server Bat not starting my project Ozone 2 server

Fireonline14

Jul 29, 2019
So, i have a project ozone server. I have started it from the forge.jar file, let it load all its files, then tried creating a batch file. I've tried making a very complex one, and it failed. I currenty am trying to run a batch file with the following code line.

java -Xms2G -Xmx6G -jar forge.jar

It's sadly not running at all. A command window pops up, but then closes before i can read it :( this is my first time posting to a forum, so let me know what information you guys need and what i need to do to get some help :).

Edit: My OS is windows 7 ultimate
I'm using a local server, not using hamachi quite yet but I plan to
The server version is 2.1.8
There are only the normal mods included in the pack

Last edited:
P

Phoenixman99

I believe you need to put a PAUSE at the end of your code so the window doesn't close instantly.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Try using pause to see what the problem is. Other issues could be the eula is not accepted, but that only is generated when forge finishes initializing all the mods. After that you need to make sure you have all the proper configs and remove all client-side only mods, such as custom main menu. It will require some trial and error, so look in the logs folder for the forge logs and latest logs to try and point you in the right direction.

Fireonline14

Jul 29, 2019
java -Xms2G -Xmx6G -jar forge.jar
pause

That's my new code line, but the window still doesn't stay open long enough for me to see what the server is doing... sorry if I'm being dumb here but I haven't run into this issue before.

Fireonline14

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I do, I have JRE 1.8.0_111 64x, i do still have a couple old versions of java for other servers to use, is that any issue?