server ban list?

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if we could have a thread for server owners to use to post up people who have been banned from there server and for what reason.

I personaly as a server owner think this could be a good idea as it would limit the chance of having issues with griefers.

I have just had to ban someone for major grief and I check all banned databases before whitelisting members so there are obviously a hand full of people that slip under the radar.

What do you you think on this idea?

Reactions: Teamplayer

Bnagers

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a really good idea to set up a thread here. Maybe even a sticky in the server promotion section. So many white-listed servers, it would be good to know who the silver tongued devils are.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Will not directly be taking part in any "ban list" at this moment.

Since a lot of people dislike websites like MCBans, they DDOS them very often. We would not like to see that happen to FTB will we.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Will not directly be taking part in any "ban list" at this moment.

Since a lot of people dislike websites like MCBans, they DDOS them very often. We would not like to see that happen to FTB will we.

I say that it would be a very bad idea to do so.

Bnagers

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I guess that's a fair call Greedseed. I'll keep that whitelist site bookmarked for sure.

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on this: www.minemod.org/bans
It's not completed, but when it is it will be like McBans but compatible with vanilla servers.
You will be able to paste in your ban list once a week and have those players added to the list, as well as download a list of all the ban lists combined (no duplicates).

I would expect this to finish early January.

Reactions: Ashzification