Serious Problems with Relays

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
one misplaced item will jam your system, just plonk a chest down (either at the end of your system or anywhere inbetween with a restriction tube) anything that doesn't already have a valid destination will make its way there.

Poketostorm

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, clearly there's something I'm not...
... I'm an idiot, huh. Items go in from the top of the barrels, right?

potter

Jul 29, 2019
Items going in from the bottom of the barrel will stop at one full stack (64) which your second gravel barrel seems to have reached.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Also, pneumatic tubes have a little trouble with barrels even if they're feeding from the top. Mainly if you have several items at once coming down the line, when a few hit the barrel, the rest will think it's 'full' and bounce back, although a relay should be able to compensate for that. Honestly, though, I'd recommend just voiding the cobble and dirt.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, after I get a barrel full of cobble, dirt, and gravel they go to a special relay that dumps them into lava.

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
An item without a valid destination will jam the relay. Drop a chest down at the end of the system so anything without a valid destination will end up here.

Even better, drop an enderchest down at the end that links back to the original input so that you can teach the relay a lesson by having the item continuously moving through so that it has to relive it's mistake forever.