Solved Seemingly random crashing and no report

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
My server just goes down every now and then and I am clueless as to why int he server.log it just says "read timed out" in the forgelogs it says a lot more- http://pastebin.com/rz7vSh1w any help on why it is crashing would be great! Also I have checked the overworld for corruption and there is none (used minecraft-region-fixed the python one) and the twilight is freshly generated. I have mcpc and tick threading installed as well.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
The server is continuing to crash, one time on boot up the console was spamming "reading entity" what does that mean?

IlliniJeeper

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1 is to backup your world folder, server.properties, and ServerStart.bat/sh files and delete/reinstall the mod pack without tick threading. It's still very buggy and it will just seemingly randomly decide to stop working properly.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1 is to backup your world folder, server.properties, and ServerStart.bat/sh files and delete/reinstall the mod pack without tick threading. It's still very buggy and it will just seemingly randomly decide to stop working properly.
I don't think it is tick threading, for over 4 months with the same version I have had no issues with it. I'm checking if it has to do with the mcpc version now, I have changed that recently.

IlliniJeeper

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it is tick threading, for over 4 months with the same version I have had no issues with it. I'm checking if it has to do with the mcpc version now, I have changed that recently.

I thought the same thing, but reinstalling the server pack and omitting Tick Threading solved my problem. I also didn't see any performance degradation when I did so.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but I use it to find laggy areas, do you know what mcpc versions seem to work best for it? I tried the latest version but that was laggy and unstable.

Twigleaf

Jul 29, 2019
mcpc+ B_644 I have been running moreso than the Oct 2 builds (45,46). ( Last September Legacy build ) For some reason it seems very stable. I have yet to find any version that doesn't seem to need some sort of scheduled maintenance for it. Like every 6 to 12 hours or so depending on server load. MCPC+ is the future of FTB gaming if they get everything to play well with forge. I wouldn't play it any other way. B_644 seems more stable than the reccomended August build, and has a lot of fixes. Especially the logging spam config.

Reactions: Connor Gavitt